Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Just got Amazing Spider-Man 800 Shattered Variant...6534

Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Ordered two copies from both sellers (ShatteredComics and Little Giants), and both packages arrived today. I opened the box from Shattered Comics first since I have bought from them before, and was very disappointed with what I saw. The top right corner of both copies had impacy dents!!! I was horrified!!! For $35 a pop, I would expect much more than this. The damage did not happy during shipping, because they used Gemini mailers that showed no evidence of being bent.
Thankfully, the copies from Little Giants were prestine and even shipped in mylars (huge plus).
So here's my dilemma. I bought extra with the intent of selling two and keeping two. How would you guys approach this? I don't think I could reasonably recoup my money from the damaged ones, and am not crazy about sinking another $35 to press them, but am leaning that way right now. Pics included of the damaged ones.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’d definitely contact Shattered Comics. Explain the situation & ask them what they would recommend doing to correct the matter.

Of course you want a partial or full refund, but I find that presenting it this way & putting the ball in their court has great results.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
There's 2000 more out there they haven't put up for sale yet....seems like shattered should rectify the situation.

I also ordered from shattered and mine arrived without damage...except the binding spits at the top and bottom corners.

My Mayhew variant arrived today too...well, one of them did. Comic mint shorted me a copy (ordered two). Said they would ship out the second copy in the morning..if this were comicxposure I'd never here from them, much less in the same evening!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Return
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
What condition did they sell you the copies as. I would recommend returning unless they sold them as slightly damaged condition.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
where can I order that version of AMZ SM 800?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Ya I canceled the pre-orders for that. Had a bad feeling, glad I did now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Actually just checked their original listing. They don’t state condition of the book or that they are new so theoretically the condition received is not contrary to the listing.

If OP decides to return we shall see whether they wish to make things right.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Shattered comics listing says returns are allowed within 14 days. So I'm sure they'll try to make it right.

Like i said before, shattered comics had 3000 of these printed, and only 1000 have been offered for sale to date to my knowledge. I think some shops were offering some limited quantities, but I think the got them from he first 1000 copies given they were asking $50+ for each.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I have sent a message to Shattered Comics and will keep everyone updated.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 3JJr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Return

This
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Shattered comics listing says returns are allowed within 14 days. So I'm sure they'll try to make it right.

Like i said before, shattered comics had 3000 of these printed, and only 1000 have been offered for sale to date to my knowledge. I think some shops were offering some limited quantities, but I think the got them from he first 1000 copies given they were asking $50+ for each.

Yes but returned does not mean replaced
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
some shops were offering some limited quantities, but I think the got them from he first 1000 copies given they were asking $50 for each.

selling them offline at cons etc perhaps ? like the jim lee tour which had a limited amount available online.

some variants you cant buy ANY online and you never even hear about them, but they are out there and someone gets them onto ebay. ( check out Spawn 283 image expo or the spawn 285 megacon as examples )

regardless of that ... ANY of these limited runs , if they 'sell out' of their distribution and you get a damaged copy you can still contact the shop and they typically have an allotment of replacements set aside for just that purpose.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I received a response from Shattered Comics yesterday. They offered me a refund on the shipping price of $15 for the order or return them for a refund. I checked the back cover and there is a prevalent indentation the goes through THE ENTIRE BOOK!! No press could save them now. I am done at this point and will be sending them back.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squack
I received a response from Shattered Comics yesterday. They offered me a refund on the shipping price of $15 for the order or return them for a refund. I checked the back cover and there is a prevalent indentation the goes through THE ENTIRE BOOK!! No press could save them now. I am done at this point and will be sending them back.

Good call.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:

There will be others. 2000 others.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

why don't you just give shattered a call and ask what they are doing with the other books?

Seems to be really bugging you :P

to add.... i've asked and got the answer... the numbers are accounted for. (Comic mint and Sad lemon were additional to the 1000 on ebay but they only had small quotas ) .. i reckon if these books appear again in online stores, probably will be for more $$.... just wait and see i guess.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I already have two other copies I bought from Little Giants that had no issues. It was my original plan to sell the extra two and pay for all four, so I was trying to make that work anyway I could. I was also posting the situation to see if anyone else here had this experience (thankfully, it seems to be isolated to me). Now, I will just get my money back on the two and alter my original plan with the two I have now.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:
Quote:

why don't you just give shattered a call and ask what they are doing with the other books?

to add.... i've asked and got the answer... the numbers are accounted for. (Comic mint and Sad lemon were additional to the 1000 on ebay but they only had small quotas ) .. i reckon if these books appear again in online stores, probably will be for more $$.... just wait and see i guess.

Not bugging me, just noting it. Forgot Squack had ordered from Lott,e giant as well.

So did comic mint and sad lemon sell their quotas? I get inundated with their "proud to present" offers, but never saw one for the shattered variants. Flew under the radar.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:
Quote:

Not bugging me, just noting it. Forgot Squack had ordered from Lott,e giant as well.

So did comic mint and sad lemon sell their quotas? I get inundated with their "proud to present" offers, but never saw one for the shattered variants. Flew under the radar.
looks like they are still selling them.. Not cheap..I guess because they don't have many. Noticed comic mint are selling slabbed 9.8.
Post 20 IP   flag post
now looks like sold out/ or almost sold out- just a few copies left - in all the secondary outlets i found it in .

this is a book to have if can get hands on it i think.
Post 21 IP   flag post
601347 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?