Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Exclusive variants and goudy store logos652

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else actually pass on getting a store exclusive variant just because the stupid/goudy/ugly store logo smacked on the front cover completely distracted from the otherwise great artwork? I prefer variants where the logo is on the back cover, or if it's on the front, it's at least subtle and unobtrusive.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Anyone?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Well at my location we have store called Hastings. They get Variant that are cool and they have it on the back of cover or inside the cover. They are pretty awesome and have pikced up some. Don't know about the other locations
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
The Rockin Rooster has a Spider-Man variant that has the actual store on the cover. Kinda weird. Super pass.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Rooster also got that lazy ass Spider-Man #666 variant that all those other stores got. Same artwork for all the others. Just changed the logo in the middle. I've ordered store variants from Graham Crackers and Giant Robot Comics because they were unique.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Well at my location we have store called Hastings.

Not for long, they filed for chapter XI bankruptcy protection last week.
Post 6 IP   flag post
That's a shame, Hastings had some dang good covers. A lot of the one's I like put their logo on the back. The store that really prompted my post is Mile High, with that stupid gopher messing up every great piece of artwork they get.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
That's a shame, Hastings had some dang good covers. A lot of the one's I like put their logo on the back. The store that really prompted my post is Mile High, with that stupid gopher messing up every great piece of artwork they get.

I liked some of the Mule High Star Wars connecting variants, but the $40-$50 they were asking per issue prompted a "Thanks, no thanks" response from me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yeah, Mile High Prices
Post 9 IP   flag post
597875 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?