Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Encapsulating Orientation option/suggestion6518

Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
It occurred to me looking through a sale post with vertical connecting cover variants, is it possible to have an option added for orientation of the comic/label for encapsulation?

For example, vertical connecting covers could have the option to place the label beneath the comic instead of above, allowing the connecting covers to be displayed without the label in the middle.

Might come in handy with some of the landscape oriented covers as well.

Obviously, most would probably stick with a "standard" orientation, but having the option (even if it's a $3-5 add-on) for those occasional situations where it's just going to look better would be awesome.

Just my $0.02 -- thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
It occurred to me looking through a sale post with vertical connecting cover variants, is it possible to have an option added for orientation of the comic/label for encapsulation?

No.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea! I would like the option of having the back cover displayed on the front of the slab for displaying two wraparound cover slabs together.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. It would inly take a few buttons added to the order form.

Look how long it took to add pressing to it though 💩
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That would be a turn around time nightmare. Each book would have to be checked individually to make sure the orientation was correct before encapsulation.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
That would be a turn around time nightmare. Each book would have to be checked individually to make sure the orientation was correct before encapsulation.

That would only be on books with the option selected and would be factored in the extra cost of the service.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

That would only be on books with the option selected and would be factored in the extra cost of the service.

It would still screw up TAT's.

The one way to get around that issue would be, when the label has the cert # printed on it, to have a small bit of typeset on the label noting something like:

"Comic position alternated at request of customer".

That would let QC know that the book does not have to be pulled, thereby solving the potenial TAT issue.

It would also let anyone who looked at the slab know that the book was not slabbed improperly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
or you could just make the case and label identical from the front or back.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

That makes no sense.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga I talked to customer service about this last week!

I’m submitting an ASM Super Special, and I requested the Scarlet Spider side of the flip-book be placed facing the front of the slab. I’ve got all the Marvel swipes of the Spider-Man #1 by Todd McFarlane going up as a wall display. I have an ASM SS on slab already; but I don’t want that one to stick out on the display by having a backwards CBCS label at the top.

The ASM flip book & Venomozed #5 1:25 variant are the last two I needed; so when I get them back & mounted to the display, I’ll post lots of photos.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Great, next thing we need now is upside encapsulated comics because an employee mixed up someone's order with another. Lulz.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer consistency. Changing orientations of the comics in the case does not appeal to me.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 Under normal circumstances, I agree. However, with flip books & wrap-around covers, I think having the option to request which side face the front of the slab would be useful. Granted, on a wrap-around, I’d have to submit two copies of the same book & have them both slabbed in order to display the entire piece of cover art with them side-by-side, but some people would do it.

I love comic art, I’ve used it to decorate my home. For connecting covers I found some very nice frames; but wrap-around covers have been kind of vexing; they don’t fit the frame exactly, and I don’t like how it looks when matting is used to cover up the extra space. I’ve got a couple of wrap-arounds on order; the plan is to open them up flat, remove the cover, and frame up the cover art alone.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600649 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?