Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

Amanda Conner original art with an interesting love story...6489

Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I recently bought this piece of Amanda Conner original art which had a very interesting love story, and so I thought I would share it with you guys. All credit to the seller as this was his write-up for the ad:

"This is the art for Barbie Fashion #2, February 1991, Page 44. In addition to being an early Amanda Connor piece, it has the story of two real life broken romances behind it. It's inscribed on the matte, "TO JOHN AND DARIA...HAPPY WEDDING! (heart)." "LOVE STEVE AND AMANDA." Almost every Amanda Connor fan knows that she is now married to a notable guy named Jimmy, not Steve. As for John and Daria, according to the one who sold it to me, it was found in a Salvation Army store in Pasadena, Maryland mixed in with all other framed stuff (!!!). At least they didn't throw it away."

One day if I see Amanda at a convention, I'm going to politely ask if she is willing to verify this. I hope it would not bring up any bad memories, but I'm just so curious!

If I keep it in my collection I'm thinking of one day gifting it to my daughter if/when she gets married. That's many, many years in the future though since she is just a baby, so you may have to wait around for an update.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Could be Steve Gerber
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Steve Gerber

Hmmm interesting, he may be the one!
Post 3 IP   flag post
600762 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?