Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ASM 800; Readers thoughts **Spoilers**6462

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
For those who have read ASM 800, what are your thoughts? I thought it was an overall great storyline. However, my only gripe is that the venom symbiote becomes mute once joined with Peter. No questions, objections, qualms, insight, nothing. It speaks with all the other hosts, why not Peter?. Also, per Venom story line the symbiote is basically insane right now. Just a little confused so maybe I missed something.

Overall, the arc was great. Loved the storyline and art. It was a nice kick for Marvel in my opinion as the stories have been lacking. Well, that is my 2 cents. What are yours?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't started reading it yet. Was waiting for the arc to end.

I passed on issue 800 today. All copies I saw had some sort of spine damage...mostly at the corners. I had already ordered some shop variants...so I wasn't spending a dime on the regular cover unless it was 9.8 potential. Spent enough already on this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I haven't started reading it yet. Was waiting for the arc to end.

I passed on issue 800 today. All copies I saw had some sort of spine damage...mostly at the corners. I had already ordered some shop variants...so I wasn't spending a dime on the regular cover unless it was 9.8 potential. Spent enough already on this.

Yea I got a couple variants as well. Specifically the Romita Sr and the Luccio. I bought the digital to read.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Menoth79 private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda suprised marvel didn't go with a thicker card stock cover for 800 like dc did for action 1000.
Post 4 IP   flag post
So did anyone read it? Lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

Wait!! are we supposed to read comics?? I thought with all these variants they were just about different covers
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Whatever you do - make sure you get 801 as well
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Whatever you do - make sure you get 801 as well

Post 8 IP   flag post
I like he cover for 801. So far no variants!
Post 9 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

i looked at the pictures
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

What I hear is that marvel not allowing store variant covers for 801. We shall see
Post 11 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was great. I loved it when Parker went full venom; kinda wish he would’ve kept with it a little longer, but it works out.
I haven’t looked forward to reading a new comic storyline in a long time.

It does state this story predates Venom #1 so apparently the symbiote hasn’t went insane yet. I think it makes sense the venom symbiote doesn’t fight Eddie’s request as it knows that is what is needed; it knows Red Goblin is crazy powerful.
I was hoping for a more important characters death though; secretly hoping for MJ to kick the bucket in an obvious way, no coming back, Gwen style. Single, heartbroken and enraged Spider-Man would open up some storylines.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Joosh thank you!!! I didn’t know it predates venom 1. Much more sense. But still curious about it not interacting with Peter.
Post 13 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Joosh thank you!!! I didn’t know it predates venom 1. Much more sense. But still curious about it not interacting with Peter.

Well they haven’t been on the best of terms since the breakup, could be the silent treatment 😂
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
it's a great cover indeed !

I've skimmed through 800. Waiting until weekend for a proper read through
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

What I hear is that marvel not allowing store variant covers for 801. We shall see

midtown has a variant.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Ugh. If there is a moderator, just close it. Variant obsessions.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
5 variants so far

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/search?keyword=Amazing+Spider-man+801#comics(series=133511)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Tried to read #797, couldn't even force myself to do it. Ordered 100 copies of ASM #800, just for the hell of it, and will probably regret it.

Garbage cover stock. Total garbage. Out of the 105 copies I received, probably not a single one is 9.8 quality.

Absolute trash, for a ridiculous price point.

Ah well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Tried to read #797, couldn't even force myself to do it. Ordered 100 copies of ASM #800, just for the hell of it, and will probably regret it.

Garbage cover stock. Total garbage. Out of the 105 copies I received, probably not a single one is 9.8 quality.

Absolute trash, for a ridiculous price point.

Ah well.

That’s a bummer. Hopefully the 1:100 can recover a bit of the cost
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Yeah, from what I saw on the racks and what I've read marvel should have had a heavier stock cover for the amount of pages...may be tough to find a 9.8 of this one...
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoyed it. I've been tapping in and back out of Spiderman for a while. I stopped buying this recent run when they tried to make me buy a bunch of "clone conspiracy" stuff, picked back up around 790, so I've been confused by Clash, new doc rock, anti-venoflash etc. That being said I thought the last few issues were interesting and 800 waa a satisfying end. I liked venom playing a part and the death of flash made sense. The book was too expensive tho
Post 22 IP   flag post
For those interested comic mint, sl and 7ate9 have another batch of shattered variants, though comic mint is sold out
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
For those interested comic mint, sl and 7ate9 have another batch of shattered variants, though comic mint is sold out

I've been wondering when the other 2000 copies are going to show up (only 1000 copies were sold initially, but it was announced there was a print run of 3000). Given comic mint sold out already, maybe their copies are 2nd hand from little giant comic shop or shatteredcomics.com. And not part of the missing 2000.

$50. I think the eBay sales were $35. Which also leads me to believe theses are "flips."

FYI, for Mayhew fans unknowncomicbooks has extra copies of the Venom #1 ASM 300 homage back in stock. $100 for the set of two. Steep, and given they are left overs likely not the highest grades after been picked through at Megacon.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I read it. It sucked.

First off, the Green Goblin was reborn, if you will, into a much stronger Villain, the Red Goblin, and Norman welcomed it. Hell, he even renamed himself the "Red Goblin" ffs.

Then it just takes Parker to say "Na na boo boo, you have to get help to beat me..." (like some kid on a playground) and Norman fell for that childish crap? There was no way Red Goblin would have thought "Oh no, I cant let Carnage/Cletus Kasady take all the credit for killing Spider-Man... Its me, the GREEN GOBLIN!" Then he tosses away the Carnage symbiote... Why would he remove it when he knows it gives him unstoppable power?

The climax was just a huge let down and disappointment.

I thought Aunt May or Doc Oct was gonna bite the dust but it turns out to be good ol' Flash.
Anti-Venom = RIP.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I thought it was great.. Loved it end to end, including spiderman using Norman's ego to get the advantage..

Theres now stories to explore with dock ock, goblin childe / normie, norman/cleetus ( permanent merge of personas?), spidey and venom suit? ( that page when he got mad was awesome), carnage symbiote - is it the end? ( doubt it)

I think normie is going to be a problem for spidey young forward.. Norman Osborne / cleetus could be interesting character too for red goblin v2 at some point (he will come back for sure)

Very satisfied... Might go buy another moebius cover.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly, I kinda hope Goblin Childe ends up being a foe for someone other than Spider-Man. Wouldn't mind seeing him join Miles Morales rogues gallery instead of Peter Parker; or even taking a trip out west to visit Ben Riley & Kaine Parker. Hell, give Mania a series & let Goblin Childe take on primary pain in the butt duties.

There's also the currently-unanswered question of where Venom's new spawn is, whatever happened to Scorn after the Carnage USA arc, or where the Mercury Team/Hybrid symbiotes went after the Deadpool Vs. Carnage arc. Oh, and the Carnage symbiote...where did that merry little rascal run off to?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't know that Ben Reilly was back around.

With the revamp of Hobgoblin, who was one of my fav Spider villains as a kid in the 80's...and the Spider Clone story line also coming back into rotation, which is a double whammy of 80's/90's nostalgia to me, I actually want to read ASM again.

I haven't read ASM on a monthly basis since the mid 1990's.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids The new Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider is pretty good. I don't know if its as good as the previous Kaine Parker SS version, but I'm enjoying it. Give it a shot, see how it goes.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Well. I passed on the 2nd print cover as it highlights my one main issue with asm 800.. The weird sticky out eyes on the black suit that were never there before

Third printing though.... Had to order
One of the best spreads of the book

Post 30 IP   flag post
601632 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?