Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleMovies TelevisionQuestions

Is This The End For The Walking Dead?6450

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show in Season 9.

I wonder what this means for the show
I also wonder what affect this will have (if any) on TWD #1's.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
It's had a good run. Better to end it while on top. IMO
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Lincoln could have mentioned this to the writers before they killed off Carl but there is no point crying over spilled milk. The silver lining for the TV show is that it is not married to the story line from the comics.

Rick Grimes would be a big loss but they can work around it. With or without Rick they do need to improve the writing. Last season or two have not lived up to the great start the show had.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Sell, Mortimer...

SELL!

https://goo.gl/images/DF2Ewp
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I'll finally be able to afford a #1 when/if the prices ever come down.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Lincoln is quitting because he wants more money.

The obvious solution is to end the TV show and start doing movies.

Selling now could be premature.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I feel they jumped the shark when they killed Carl. The kid wasn't a good actor and I don't miss him, but if he was replaced by a look-a-like, they still might have been able to sustain momentum.

They've veered too far from the source material for me, along with the less than stellar writing. I've lost that "it's time for the Walking Dead show". Took me a couple extra weeks to watch the last episode as I just didn't care as much.

The comic is still great!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Maggie is quitting too due to contract disputes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Maggie is quitting too due to contract disputes.

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is confirmed to be returning for Season 9 and will be in 6 of the first 8 episodes. There was some concern due to her starring in a pilot episode for an ABC drama, Whiskey Cavalier. But it has been reported that she negotiated a deal with ABC to allow her to shoot Walking Dead episodes while when is not on set for her new show. However, depending on how well the new show goes (if it's picked up for a whole season) may impact whether "Maggie" will be in the second half of Walking Dead Season 9. I view this more of a step up and chance to be the star of a show, than a "contract dispute".
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh cool didn’t read about ABC working out shooting schedules
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector ThreeSeas private msg quote post Address this user
I stopped watching, but always intended on catching up, when the Negan episodes aired. I had loved the show up to about that point, but now wonder if it is still worth watching. I'll probably at some point try to get caught up on it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Is this the end of the Walking Dead? Good Lord, I hope so.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show in Season 9.

I wonder what this means for the show
I also wonder what affect this will have (if any) on TWD #1's.

I was talking to some of my friends about that very thing this morning... TWD 1 hasn't been as high as the past anyway, but people really do need to watch their collections at this point. I dumped mine too early, but if I was still holding, I'd make sure I cleared out ASAP.

The show could survive! Maybe it will get a nice shot in the arm from the death / departure, but it can't go on forever. Fear the Walking Dead or another show could be the new franchise leader and keep things kicking, but that won't necessarily maintain the series value, unless they integrate the series.

I don't know either way.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
The Office limped along for 3 more seasons without Michael Scott.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Sell sell, Thanos will have to be sold too at some point, part of the dance. I am selling all my Venom now, for instance
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
What's the basis of the statement that Lincoln is leaving for the money, when Norman Reedus is rumored to be negotiating a $20M pay package to take over as lead? It seems to me that money may not be a motivating factor for Lincoln if he could have obtained that package instead, although anything is possible.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
What's the basis of the statement that Lincoln is leaving for the money, when Norman Reedus is rumored to be negotiating a $20M pay package to take over as lead? It seems to me that money may not be a motivating factor for Lincoln if he could have obtained that package instead, although anything is possible.

Agreed. From the quotes I've read from Andrew Lincoln, it seems to me that he wanted the show to come to a conclusion. He might just be tired and burned out from doing one show for so long.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Is this the end of the Walking Dead? Good Lord, I hope so.

I do too. It'll never die. It's like a zombie or something.
Post 19 IP   flag post
598062 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?