Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Online comic shop to CBCS?6421

Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
This probably has been discussed here before but I missed the boat. If you order a comic book from an online comic shop will they forward it to CBCS? Would you do this or do you always have to handle the book
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You can have your books shipped to CBCS no problem. Where you would have to work something out with the comic shop is that your books would need to be accompanied by a CBCS invoice in order for CBCS to know what to do with the books.

If you set up a CBCS invoice that the comic shop is willing to print out and include with your books, CBCS should be able to receive and in-process the book, no problem.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I think you would want to inspect any raw books you purchase before slabbing them. It would be a shame to submit someone else's 9.4 and get a 6.5 graded book that you might have been able to return had you gotten a hold of it first.

Caveat emptor!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. This would be a rare situation for a rare very low print run comic book around 50 years old or so. Saw original great photos of the book by owner guesstimating 9.2. The OCS is very high rep their images at 9.0. I trust CBCS and anything in that range (even a tad lower) would be fine. Nothing good could come from me handling this comic. There are reprints of the story (of which I have one) in various formats at very low prices.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
If your buying a valuable vintage comic online and paying via credit card, under normal circumstances the shop should be shipping to your confirmed address. If I was buying something valuable I would certainly want it shipped to me personally. What if something happened where the package was damaged in shipping, do you expect CBCS to follow up with an insurance claim? You would also have to send the shop an order form that would be filled out. I think its a pain to fill out online or paper order forms and certainly would not do it for free. If your asking a shop to do extra things like a CBCS order form, it would be fair to pay them for there time involved.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks guys! Once again very good advice from the crew. As it stands the comic book is headed towards me straight. 😎
Post 6 IP   flag post
Actually I'm having a bit of buyers remorse on this comic book. I waaaaay overpaid for it, though it is hard to find and a "holy grail". The online shop was selling on consignment both on its website and ebay. The ebay price was around $300 more in price. Why would they do that?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
To cover eBay fees, shipping fees and Paypal fee’s. The price would be raised if they mirror there web site inventory on eBay. You pay regular price on there web site or they tack on fees if you chose to buy on eBay, probably 12-15% if they offer free shipping on eBay. Shipping is built into the cost of goods.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
Actually I'm having a bit of buyers remorse on this comic book. I waaaaay overpaid for it, though it is hard to find and a "holy grail". The online shop was selling on consignment both on its website and ebay. The ebay price was around $300 more in price. Why would they do that?

Mycomicshop?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Savage_Spawn +1 on @Homer
What was the book?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
it would be nice to see a pic of this book. ????
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn

Mycomicshop?

You guys are good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
@Savage_Spawn +1 on @Homer
What was the book?

It is Graphic Fantasy #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
it would be nice to see a pic of this book. ????

Tracking shows it should be here by the weekend. I'll post some pics.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601289 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?