Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureSignatures

Trinity Comics Experiences6420

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Sending in these two beauties for a Stan Lee signing with Trinity Comics then reslabed with CBCS. Has anyone had any experience with Trinity?

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Trinity is one of the larger, more trusted facilitators working with CBCS. I’m sure you can find people with negative experiences with them given the amount of books they handle but by and large they have a great reputation
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Frontier2Xterra Trinity is one of the larger, more trusted facilitators working with CBCS. I’m sure you can find people with negative experiences with them given the amount of books they handle but by and large they have a great reputation

Good to know, thank you!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Relaxin89 private msg quote post Address this user
Been using them for a little over a year, nothing but good things to say about Matt and his crew. I have had him get about 10 comics and a couple items signed and graded during that time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I have used them twice and despite there being an error in my most recent order I have been very happy with the results.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Matt and company are solid.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I had Matt get a Stan Lee signature last year for me. The only complaint (if you'd call it that) is communication could be better. I believe he primarily uses Facebook messenger to communicate. I'd prefer an invoice via PayPal rather than just a total via email and sending it to him through PayPal. But He and his business get the big names and everyone seems to rave about his quality. They claim something like 95% of the time when they crack your slab they get the same grade. He also will set up pressing for you, and the slabs will ship to you dir cult from cbcs.

I sent in another comic to be signed by Stan Lee a few months back. I'm hoping he can geta private signing with Middleton, or be at a convention where he can facilitate it. I'd love to have my batgirl 23B in a cbcs slab.

Does trinity only deal with cbcs?

BTW, if you crack and window bag them yourself, you need to leave a window half the size of the comic for a Stan Lee signature now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Relaxin89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Does trinity only deal with cbcs?

No, he will do the other guys as well. You just have to ask.
Post 8 IP   flag post
BTW, very jealous of your ASM14....one of my Grails...probably #1 on my list, any grade...can't afford it though. 🙁
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I've sent about 100 books to Matt in the last 2 years. He's very professional and good at his job. Very polite and always responds to messages on Facebook.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone! Won’t deny I was a little scared to deal with someone I’ve had no experience with, but now I feel much better.
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
no issues with him. used matt's service a few times.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You can trust mailing in your books to him as well. I've sent some of my most prized books from my personal collection to him very nervously at first.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing by good things to say about Matt. The majority of my books have come back 9.8s There were some all red or all black covers among them that would only take the slightest bend to create a color breaking spine tick, but they’ve all come back beautifully. I don’t know how he does it tbh. Packing them up, hauling them the shows, sending to cbcs, so many opportunities to f-up a book, but it hasn’t happened to mine.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Thanks everyone! Won’t deny I was a little scared to deal with someone I’ve had no experience with, but now I feel much better.

If you can't be there to witness it yourself, there isn't a better facilitator out there to send them to. You should have no worries. Ive honestly have yet to hear anything negative about Trinity on this forum.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Per Trinity's facebook page:

"Hey guys FYI Donny Cates is charging $5 extra for any venom book so if you got a venom please shoot us $5 and let me know it was sent in messenger or here. I don’t really want to invoice everyone for $5 so hopefully this is easier. Thanks! Getting ready to get them signed up now"

What's up with Cates charging fees based on what's on the cover? Odd. Sounds like Trinity was caught off guard, as I'm sure others were.

Don't care for that. But I suppose they can charge what they want...would discourage me, though.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Sounds like Donny Cates is getting an even bigger head now. Reminds me of Liefeld charging more for anything Deadpool or New Mutants 98 when signing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I think trinity was charging only $20, and that included their comission. So $25 isn't bad. Still, these are private sessions so the price should have been agreed to upfront. So upping the price after that is kind of a D.M. If that's truly the situation. Not sure how it played out. Trinity appears to have been caught off guard.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Per Trinity's facebook page:

"Hey guys FYI Donny Cates is charging $5 extra for any venom book so if you got a venom please shoot us $5 and let me know it was sent in messenger or here. I don’t really want to invoice everyone for $5 so hopefully this is easier. Thanks! Getting ready to get them signed up now"

What's up with Cates charging fees based on what's on the cover? Odd. Sounds like Trinity was caught off guard, as I'm sure others were.

Don't care for that. But I suppose they can charge what they want...would discourage me, thoughts .

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

ThaT's strange considering the Thanos books are tHe hot books unless his new origin is where the movie draws its inspiration from?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Cates thinks he's a rock star god now.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve tried using trinity on 2 different occasions and have never heard back from him. So I don’t go through him for anything.
Post 21 IP   flag post
All boxed up and leaving tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. Will post pics when back. Hopefully mid July.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
I’ve tried using trinity on 2 different occasions and have never heard back from him. So I don’t go through him for anything.

That's been my only issue, unless you go through trinity's messenger via Facebook it's hard to get ahold of them (or him). Especially during convention season. Communication could be better or more streamlined....but likely he'd have to hire more people or outsource, which means hire fees. He's pretty reasonable for the services he provides.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The only way to get a hold of him is by Facebook messenger.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio @kaptainmyke I tried contacting him through Facebook messenger like he requests when he says he is online and taking messages. Not a peep from him. I understand being busy but ignoring someone on two different occasions is terrible.
Post 25 IP   flag post
For those who have used them before, how long did it take for them to send an invoice? Books were delivered over a week ago.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
First time I used them, it took over two weeks. It was NY Comic Con time, so they were slammed with books. Every other time it's been around a week or so.

If you're worried about it, just send them a message through Facebook and ask if they got them.
Post 27 IP   flag post
My books arrived April 28th....signing (Stan Lee) was May 3rd....I got a message requesting payment on the 7th. It wasn't an invoice (like through EBay). It was just a message with a total and instructions where to send payment.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
For those who have used them before, how long did it take for them to send an invoice? Books were delivered over a week ago.

Are these the ones you were going to have Stan Lee sign?

Trinity announced a few days ago his signing was postponed indefinitely due to the situation with Keya, I presume.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Drogio it was. Must have missed that announcement. I don’t have book of faces. Thanks for the heads up.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 87 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?