Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

What if I have comics already signed?6382

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
So for example 2 scenarios:

I hve a comic that is signed and comes with a cert of authenticity from a comic shop, does the certificate get included with the comic is slabbed or is it returned to me?

What if I send a signed comic but turns out signsture is not original, will they still slab it? Or will they just return the comic minues signsture verificstion fee?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that they will try to verify the signature. If it does not check out, I have heard that they may call you to ask what you want to do. But you still pay for verification if the signature is no good, I believe. The COA is not used in verifying signatures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Don't send in your COA with your submission. It won't be used to verify the signature. Just hold on to it. They will not slab the COA with the comic.

If the sig is determined not to be authentic, I'm not sure. They may give you a call and ask if you still want the comic slabbed, but the comic would receive a deduction on the grade. But you will not get a refund for VSP charge if the signature fails verification.

Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
All the info above is correct. Also, if you do include the COA, it will be returned to you with your order. But, I wouldn’t bother including it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
On the comic submission page the is a box you check for exactly that. It says
Encapsulate even it verification fails
Post 5 IP   flag post
597869 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?