CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Rebirth Speculation637

Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I don't follow? What do you mean?

I mean these are terrible books to speculate on. Or maybe I should say if you (not you) pay big bucks for these books because of the three pages above, you are a fool.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Reference to the video DrWatson posted when Stelbert was complaining in another thread lol.

Yeah, he's always complaining about me 😉 😵
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Speculation is buying cheap books that might get hot. Buying already hot books at over inflated prices isn't really speculation now is it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I paid cover price for all of my Watchmen, and Before Watchmen. The only ones I did not pay cover price were the Jim Lee 1:100 variants. I paid maybe $50 each for those.
Post 30 IP   flag post

So Dr Manhattan creates a new universe from scratch and populates it with the same villains and psychopaths as before, thus requiring super heroes again. Dr Manhattan is a real jerk isn't he?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
So Dr Manhattan creates a new universe from scratch and populates it with the same villains and psychopaths as before, thus requiring super heroes again. Dr Manhattan is a real jerk isn't he?

Well Allan Moore created him and he has his jerky moments ....
Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nah I think Ozymondias is the biggest dick for massive genocide
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
The key is to get them for cover price and always buy what you like so that you do not get upset if you get stuck with them. I must admit that I bought 8 copies of Rebirth Batman. 5 regular and 3 variants. I figure that they might make good trading material or sell in the future. It will not bother me to keep them and put them away in a long box for awhile either. I am not a big Aquaman fan but I bought 1 regular and 1 variant for my collection.
Post 34 IP   flag post
By the way, I did not feel bad buying 8 copies because I got to the comic shop near the end of the next day and they had about a case and a half left. That was nice because I was able to pick some nice copies out. I believe the craze will slow down a lot. Still better than what Marvel is putting out. They have pissed me off about the Hulk thing.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips This is what I do, I never buy something unless I'm happy having stay in the collection.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I used to by multiples of a ton of different titles back in 1987. Some turned out to be pretty cool and some were duds. But even the duds are now almost 30 yrs old and still in nm/nm+ condition. Some of the highlights were Batman 404-407, Flash #1, Justice League#1, Suicide Squad #1, Punisher #1, Uncanny Xmen#221, Wolverine #1.I bought about 10 of each and someother ones. Those were some real fun times. The best part is the books were only .75 cents each. Can you imagine getting 10 of those now for $7.50 This is now a very expensive hobby.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Yeah my preorder pull list with TFAW over the next 4 months is already over $600, and that's at discounted cover prices.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I sure like DC $2.99 over Marvels $4.99 on Rebirth books vs Civil War books. I bought a couple of the Civil War sketch covers with the black mystery cover over it sealed in the bag. I guess there are different sketch cover variants. I plan to open them tomorrow for some fun.Any one know the breakdown on them?
Post 39 IP   flag post
The only Civil War II books I have bought have been the Dell'Otto 1,2,3 connecting covers. Marvel has way too many books involved with this story, I'll wait for the cliff notes.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Mister_Mister private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just in Toronto... all the Wonder Woman #2’s are dinged up... As well as Civil War II #3. Visited several stores... All 9.2 at best. What's the deal?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Over in Michigan I found some real clean Civil War #3 but I like to go to a store here that orders real heavy. That way I have several dozen to pick through. But they get their share of beat up stacks of books too. I could not find a single clean copy of Moon Knight #3 recently. I will say they had a lot of rough Batman #2 though.
Post 42 IP   flag post
600819 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?