Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The Orville is coming back on December 30th. I am not a huge fan, but I think is a good spoof type show. I don't know if I'll make it a priority to watch it or tivo it, but I'll catch the first couple episodes to see how it's going this next season.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Yes! Binge watch it, I'm sure you'll like it. My almost 28-year-old son loves it. He said he didn't get bored with any of the 3 seasons.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Blade Runner Reboots With Anime Prequel TV Series At Adult Swim!

"ADULT SWIM AND CRUNCHYROLL PRODUCING ALL-NEW “BLADE RUNNER” ANIME SERIES WITH ALCON TELEVISION GROUP

Alcon Television Group, a division of Alcon Entertainment, has partnered with Adult Swim and Crunchyroll to produce and distribute a new anime series inspired by the critically acclaimed Oscar-winning movie BLADE RUNNER 2049.

BLADE RUNNER – BLACK LOTUS will feature thirteen 30-minute episodes produced by animation studio Sola Digital Arts (Ultraman). Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) will direct all episodes of the premiere season, which will follow their current directorial work on the upcoming Ghost in the Shell series reboot. Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is a creative producer. While the series plot is being kept under wraps, producers have confirmed the story will take place in 2032 and will include some familiar characters from the BLADE RUNNER universe.

Adult Swim will have the worldwide rights (excluding Asia) to distribute the English dubbed versions of the series and will air the English dubbed episodes of BLADE RUNNER – BLACK LOTUS on the network’s popular anime programming block Toonami.Similarly, Crunchyroll will handle worldwide streaming for its community of more than 45 million registered users and 2 million subscribers.

Adult Swim and Crunchyroll are both divisions of WarnerMedia, with BLADE RUNNER – BLACK LOTUS being one of several upcoming exciting collaborations including the recently debuted Mob Psycho 100 on Toonami.

“I first saw BLADE RUNNER in 1982, at age 11. It has remained one of the defining films of my life,” said Jason DeMarco, svp/creative director of Adult Swim on-air. “To be able to explore more of this universe, with the incredible talent we have on board, is a dream come true.”

“BLADE RUNNER is a seminal work, and its influence permeates the genre,” said Sae Whan Song, head of business development for Crunchyroll. “Adult Swim shares our excitement to bring this new series to fans, and we’re looking forward to building on this franchise together.”

Alcon’s Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, Laura Lancaster, Al-Francis Cuenca, and Sola Digital Art’s Joseph Chou will executive produce the project. Alcon exec Ben Roberts will serve as co-executive producer. Production IG’s Mitsuhisa Ishikawa is participating as production advisor.

States Kosove and Johnson, “The BLADE RUNNER universe is an incredibly deep well for story and character with its world and mythology that audiences have been debating and talking about since inception. We are excited to continue exploring that world via this anime series. Lancaster added, “We are thrilled to have Shinji Aramaki, Kenji Kamiyama and Shinichiro Watanabe as our creative partners and look forward to the exciting journey ahead.” (Adult Swim | JD)

clickable text
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
One of my students will love this blade runner anime. I am very interested too.
Post 179 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel studios is fast tracking a Shang-Chi movie. Anoyone else who bought Marvel Special Edition in 9.8 last year should be as happy as I am to hear this news.
Post 180 IP   flag post

Sounds like... Daredevil or a variation of the Matt Murdock character could show up on the already Marvel heavy Disney+ streaming service rolling out next year.
As reported on deadline.com
clickable text
Post 181 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
TITANS episode #9...now that is one killer show! I never seen this coming, it focused on Hawk so I thought it was going to be lame/filler, but best episode yet!
Post 182 IP   flag post
Star Trek producer explains how Picard spin-off will be 'extremely different'

The mysterious upcoming Star Trek series bringing back fan favorite Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) is going to be very different in tone from previous shows in the franchise, and below, executive producer Alex Kurtzman explains exactly how.

The writer-producer has worked on J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek films and is the current showrunner of CBS All-Access’ Star Trek: Discovery, as well as an executive producer on the Picard series. We asked Kurtzman how the spin-off will compare to Discovery and Stewart’s previous Star Trek series, The Next Generation.

“It’s an extremely different rhythm than Discovery,” Kurtzman told EW exclusively. “Discovery is a bullet. Picard is a very contemplative show. It will find a balance between the speed of Discovery and the nature of what Next Gen was, but I believe it will have its own rhythm.”

Continued Kurtzman: “Without revealing too much about it, people have so many questions about Picard and what happened to him, and the idea we get to take time to answer those questions in the wake of the many, many things he’s had to deal with in Next Gen is really exciting. ‘More grounded’ is not the right way to put it, because season 2 of Discovery is also grounded. It will feel more… real-world? If that’s the right way to put it.”

So there you have it, the words that come to mind when asked to describe the Picard show are things like “real-world, contemplative, grounded.” (And, yes Kurtzman used “Picard” as if that’s the show’s title, but there is no official title yet, and it’s pretty hard to imagine the actual title won’t have “Star Trek” in it.)

Only Stewart has been cast in the spin-off so far, Kurtzman added. “The writers’ room has broken about eight episodes and we’re moving quickly, and I couldn’t be more excited about it,” he noted. There’s no premiere date announced as of yet.

In the meantime, we have season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery coming Jan. 17. Kurtzman took over the captain’s chair on the series last June. Now that the Discovery story has moved beyond the Klingon war, the show is taking on a bit of a lighter tone, and has added Anson Mount (as Captain Pike) and Ethan Peck (as Mr. Spock) to the cast, which is led by Sonequa Martin-Green (Michael Burnham).
clickable text
Post 183 IP   flag post
Deadly Class. Watch the first episode. Tell us what you think. Comes out next month on SYFY.

Post 184 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Finally some time off to watch Deadly Class. I was a complete Image nut when this book hit the shelves. I knew it was something special. Heck I bought the first page with Marcus.

I absolutely loved this pilot. This show is right on the money. The music (Decendents!!) is spot on for the 80s setting. The charcaters and tone read just like the comic. A+

Post 185 IP   flag post
I only bought one issue of the series.

Post 186 IP   flag post
ok - I just watched the special preview of "Deadly Class" on SyFy just now. It may be the same episode that is posted above. I freaking LOVE it!!!! I'm really looking forward to this show!! I bought the first issue a while ago, just in case I liked the show. Now I'll have to read it and try to find back issues to get caught up. LOL!!!
Post 187 IP   flag post
I thought you'd like it
Post 188 IP   flag post
What's not to love!!! It's like Tarantino and Rodriguez got together with Rob Zombie and Dee Snyder and made a twisted Harry Potter movie set in the 1980's. I love the class cliques, comic book references, wardrobe, and just the whole 80's vibe of it. I can tell already that there are going to be layers within layers in this show. That's the kind of shows I love!!
Post 189 IP   flag post
Me too graduated in '82, that's my time!
Post 190 IP   flag post
The other day, in my best Spicoli voice, I told my adult daughter that something was "Totally tubular dude!!!". Of course, I had to explain what those three words meant. The hardest part was trying to explain that "dude" is not gender specific nor is it species specific!!! Times have definitely changed!!! LOL!!!
Post 191 IP   flag post
And then there was Phoebe Cates

Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My God! I wish you'd quit showing my age!
Post 193 IP   flag post
"Our" age LOL!
Post 194 IP   flag post
You know Judge Reinhold is 61 years old! Now that makes me feel old!

Post 195 IP   flag post
You aren't old yet. Give yourself another year until you're my age.
Post 196 IP   flag post
How about Bo Derek being 62!!!

Or Mr. T being 66!!!

Post 197 IP   flag post
I've got this one signed somewhere.

Post 198 IP   flag post
And Daisy Duke ... 64!!!

@OGJackster That would be a cool 80's signature piece!!!! I have a signed Chuck Norris movie lobby card. It's from "The Octagon".

Post 199 IP   flag post

Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I've got this one signed somewhere.

Usually, it's the foil version.

Post 201 IP   flag post
@X51 I'll have to dig it out tomorrow and scan it.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@X51 I'll have to dig it out tomorrow and scan it.

There's like a deluxe package too in a folder or something. I don't own it.

I have this...

Post 203 IP   flag post
Farrah Fawcett was my favorite angel.

Post 204 IP   flag post

Post 205 IP   flag post
601512 999 30