Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
My DVR missed the season premiere of Black Lightning. Even less than one week in Fios wanted me to pay to watch it On Demand. Will probably record the rest and binge watch it once they rerun the first episode.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
After tomorrow, both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie and Mystery channel are going full blown Christmas programming until about New Years. They do this every year and every year I get upset. I fall asleep with my tv on the Mystery channel. Their late night shows are Murder She Wrote, Hart to Hart, Matlock and Columbo.

Well, yesterday my cable carrier added ElRey network. I had to add the Spanish tier to my bill for $6 a month, but it's gonna be worth it!!! And I have no idea why they added it to their Spanish channels, all the selections are in English. I think Danny Trejo is involved in the network somehow, but that is the only Spanish connection I can think of. Regardless, I have wanted the ElRey network here for 2 and a half years. I had it in my old apartment and enjoyed it tremendously.

The late night selections look to include Stargate Atlantis, The Incredible Hulk, Stargate SG-1, The A-Team, Lucha Underground (that may be broadcast in Spanish, I don't recall) and an occasional paid program. But their movie selection is usually right up my alley, The Crow is on right now.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Didn't see that coming. I thought Disney wasn't going to put these adult shows on their streaming service?

Netflix is more and more moving to shows that they own and control. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and other shows that have recently been cancelled by Netflix are shows that come from outside production studios. Luke Cage and Iron Fist are both from ABC Studios. So even if Disney isn't moving them to their own streaming service, Netflix doesn't want them, unless they are home runs.
Post 153 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
After tomorrow, both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie and Mystery channel are going full blown Christmas programming until about New Years. They do this every year and every year I get upset. I fall asleep with my tv on the Mystery channel. Their late night shows are Murder She Wrote, Hart to Hart, Matlock and Columbo.

I am not a fan of 24/7 Christmas either.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I know what I will be watching on Halloween evening!!!

Post 155 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm on episode 3 of "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina". Things are picking up and getting exciting. The influences of the CW are obvious and predictable. I'm overlooking those parts and enjoying the rest. I'll be watching more tomorrow.
Post 156 IP   flag post

There are not a whole lot of lines left uncrossed in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Many reviews are very favorable for this new show. But a rating of TV-14???

murder
gore
gender identification
homosexuality
sadomasochism
orgies
adultery
God-hating
necromancy
cannibalism
Satan worshipping

If my kids were not adults and I still had young teens, I would not let them watch this show. I also don't think this show was appropriately rated. The infatuation that Hollywood has with ruining the innocence of kids, IMHO, has a negative effect on our culture. Bullying, drug use, violence, and sexual promiscuity is destroying the lives of our kids. When I was younger I thought this was all BS. Now that I'm older and somewhat wiser, I do see how it has influenced our society. There will be kids dumb enough to explore and experiment with what they see. (ie. Slender Man)

Okay, I'm stepping down from my soapbox. From an adult point of view, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is not to bad. It's definitely
a far cry from its predecessor, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. With decent special effects and a likable cast, I can see this show going into a few seasons. Some episodes are slow and drag along but pick up in the next. This is understandable as they are still developing the cast characters. It will be fun to watch future seasons and see where the writers take us on this journey. As for younger teens, let them watch something else.

I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Post 157 IP   flag post
Seems like a CW show on steroids. No interest here.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Watching Ghost Adventures Live on the Travel channel and four live feed cameras from the show on Facebook Live!!! My Halloween is complete!!!
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Watching Ghost Adventures Live on the Travel channel and four live feed cameras from the show on Facebook Live!!! My Halloween is complete!!!

I used to love these types of shows until one year all the cool things in Ghost Hunters was most likely staged.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti

clickable text
Post 161 IP   flag post
The CW needs to just move on over to LOGO.
Post 162 IP   flag post
I foresee a new network, LGBT.TV
Post 163 IP   flag post
LOL, seriously? I would have thought they'd appreciate the publicity.

SATANIC TEMPLE Threatens Legal Action Against Netflix's SABRINA

clickable text
Post 164 IP   flag post
YES!!! Loved This series.

'Deadwood' Movie Starts Filming with Majority of Cast Returning

clickable text

Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I am not a fan of 24/7 Christmas either.

I heard about the Hallmark channel this weekend and had to look. Over the top Christmas decorations in every single scene, terribly done CGI snow, and the same plot in every show for months on end.
Both fascinated and horrified. Cuckoos Nest channel. We turned off the sound and made our own dialog, which was a real challenge with no Jack Nicholson character.
Post 166 IP   flag post

Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
So Rick Grimes is gone from the Walking Dead TV series, but he'll be back. By way of three TV movies.

clickable text
Post 168 IP   flag post
That's what they're saying. I haven't had a chance to watch his "departure" episodes just yet. I'm on vacation in Cabo for a couple of weeks. I'll get busy with my DVR when I get home.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Yes! I really liked this show

clickable text

‘Grimm’ Spinoff in Development at NBC

A spinoff of the fantasy drama series “Grimm” is currently in the works at NBC, Variety has learned.

The untitled spinoff hails from writer and executive producer Melissa Glenn, whose recent TV writing credits include “Iron Fist” Season 2, “Zoo,” and “Beauty and the Beast.” Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner, who were executive producers on the original show, will also executive produce the spinoff under their Hazy Mills banner. David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf, two of the original series’ three co-creators, will serve as consulting producers.

According to the official description, the new show builds off the mythology of the original series and will feature returning fan favorites while also introducing new characters, new dangers and new mysteries.

Universal Television will produce in association with Hazy Mills, with the production company being under an overall deal at the studio.

Glenn is repped by ICM and Ziffren Brittenham. Kouf is repped by WME. Greenwalt is repped by APA and Bloom Hergott. Hayes and Hazy Mills are also repped by WME.

The original “Grimm” ran for six seasons on NBC, concluding in March 2017. It starred David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, and Elizabeth Tulloch. The series aired over 120 episodes during its run. “Grimm” mostly aired on Friday nights, except during its second season when NBC shifted it to Mondays and then Tuesdays before returning it to Fridays in its third season.
Post 170 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Couple updates for folks:

'Agents of SHIELD' Renewed by ABC for Season 7

Jon Cryer Set as Lex Luthor in CW's 'Supergirl'
Post 171 IP   flag post
I wonder if Season 6 of AOS is still planned as an abbreviated season?
Post 172 IP   flag post
New episodes of "Vikings" on the History channel tonight!!!! I absolutely love this show!!
Post 173 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Have you seen the "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix?
Post 174 IP   flag post
@OGJackster No, I have not checked that out yet. I keep meaning to, but I usually end up picking a movie. Is it good?
Post 175 IP   flag post
The Orville is coming back on December 30th. I am not a huge fan, but I think is a good spoof type show. I don't know if I'll make it a priority to watch it or tivo it, but I'll catch the first couple episodes to see how it's going this next season.
Post 176 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Yes! Binge watch it, I'm sure you'll like it. My almost 28-year-old son loves it. He said he didn't get bored with any of the 3 seasons.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Blade Runner Reboots With Anime Prequel TV Series At Adult Swim!

"ADULT SWIM AND CRUNCHYROLL PRODUCING ALL-NEW “BLADE RUNNER” ANIME SERIES WITH ALCON TELEVISION GROUP

Alcon Television Group, a division of Alcon Entertainment, has partnered with Adult Swim and Crunchyroll to produce and distribute a new anime series inspired by the critically acclaimed Oscar-winning movie BLADE RUNNER 2049.

BLADE RUNNER – BLACK LOTUS will feature thirteen 30-minute episodes produced by animation studio Sola Digital Arts (Ultraman). Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) will direct all episodes of the premiere season, which will follow their current directorial work on the upcoming Ghost in the Shell series reboot. Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is a creative producer. While the series plot is being kept under wraps, producers have confirmed the story will take place in 2032 and will include some familiar characters from the BLADE RUNNER universe.

Adult Swim will have the worldwide rights (excluding Asia) to distribute the English dubbed versions of the series and will air the English dubbed episodes of BLADE RUNNER – BLACK LOTUS on the network’s popular anime programming block Toonami.Similarly, Crunchyroll will handle worldwide streaming for its community of more than 45 million registered users and 2 million subscribers.

Adult Swim and Crunchyroll are both divisions of WarnerMedia, with BLADE RUNNER – BLACK LOTUS being one of several upcoming exciting collaborations including the recently debuted Mob Psycho 100 on Toonami.

“I first saw BLADE RUNNER in 1982, at age 11. It has remained one of the defining films of my life,” said Jason DeMarco, svp/creative director of Adult Swim on-air. “To be able to explore more of this universe, with the incredible talent we have on board, is a dream come true.”

“BLADE RUNNER is a seminal work, and its influence permeates the genre,” said Sae Whan Song, head of business development for Crunchyroll. “Adult Swim shares our excitement to bring this new series to fans, and we’re looking forward to building on this franchise together.”

Alcon’s Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, Laura Lancaster, Al-Francis Cuenca, and Sola Digital Art’s Joseph Chou will executive produce the project. Alcon exec Ben Roberts will serve as co-executive producer. Production IG’s Mitsuhisa Ishikawa is participating as production advisor.

States Kosove and Johnson, “The BLADE RUNNER universe is an incredibly deep well for story and character with its world and mythology that audiences have been debating and talking about since inception. We are excited to continue exploring that world via this anime series. Lancaster added, “We are thrilled to have Shinji Aramaki, Kenji Kamiyama and Shinichiro Watanabe as our creative partners and look forward to the exciting journey ahead.” (Adult Swim | JD)

clickable text
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
One of my students will love this blade runner anime. I am very interested too.
Post 179 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel studios is fast tracking a Shang-Chi movie. Anoyone else who bought Marvel Special Edition in 9.8 last year should be as happy as I am to hear this news.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600856 999 30