Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Yep!!! I'm a big fan of Shark week!!! Have been for years.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster
Post 127 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
It first thought I was thinking in cartoon form. Maybe in a wheelchair? Dunno, any thoughts?

Captain Jean-Luc Picard Returns:
clickable text

'Star Trek' Fans React to the Return of Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard

Star Trek fans got huge news out of the Star Trek Las Vegas convention today. Patrick Stewart is officially returning to the franchise as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a brand new Star Trek series for CBS All Access, home of Star Trek: Discovery.

The announcement, which was made by Star Trek: Discovery co-creator Alex Kurtzman at the convention, was completely unexpected. When Kurtzman took the stage to announce the next new Star Trek television series, Stewart joined him and confirmed his return as the beloved Captain Picard. Stewart simultaneously released a statement on social media with more details of his return:

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

As one might guess, Stewart isn't the only one looking forward to his return to the beloved, fan-favorite character. Shortly after the announcement, Twitter lit up with excitement for Stewart's return. While further details on Stewart's new Star Trek series have been revealed at this time other than it will stream on CBS All Access, fans are thrilled to have Picard coming back after his last appearance in 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Better Call Saul Season 4 starts tonight, Monday August 6. One of my current favorite TV shows. In many ways, I actually like it more than Breaking Bad. Very interested and excited to see how this season progresses.

Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Picard is back baby!
Post 130 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
In the Picard or Kirk debate, I was always in the Picard camp even though I see Kirk's merits. Picard is back!!!
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
I always thought patrick Stewart was a better actor then William Shatner and he is more humble too. The cast members of the original series always talked about how difficult bill was to work with!
Post 132 IP   flag post
'Star Trek: Discovery' Casts Its Spock

clickable text

Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
His eyebrows go the wrong direction!
Post 134 IP   flag post
So looks like Big Bang is going bye-bye The upcoming season will be its 12th and last.

clickable text

Post 135 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
About time. It was getting as boring as watching paint dry. The bigger picture plot lines are moving at a glacier's pace.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Lots of shows starting new seasons tonight: NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Lethal Weapon and The Gifted to name a few. Anyone have any favorites?? I'll actually be watching WWE Smackdown followed by The Purge, but I'm tivoing the rest. I also tivoed and watched the first episode of Magnum PI. Can't say I hated it, can't say I loved it. I'll keep watching it fr a few episodes just in case it gets better. I do appreciate all the nods they give to the original show though. I was a HUGE Magnum fan back in the day!!!!
Post 137 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Gifted is awesome.

Recording Gifted and Lethal Weapon to watch tomorrow.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Lots of shows starting new seasons tonight: NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Lethal Weapon and The Gifted to name a few. Anyone have any favorites?? I'll actually be watching WWE Smackdown followed by The Purge, but I'm tivoing the rest. I also tivoed and watched the first episode of Magnum PI. Can't say I hated it, can't say I loved it. I'll keep watching it fr a few episodes just in case it gets better. I do appreciate all the nods they give to the original show though. I was a HUGE Magnum fan back in the day!!!!

No Clayne. No Lethal Weapon.

I agree with your assessment on Magnum PI. I waited to love it, but it didn't happen. I really liked the actor who played the guy who was murdered. It would have been a better show if he had been cast as Rick.

I liked Bull, but it's a little bit predictable. The death surprised me.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Poop, forgot to set the dvr for gifted.
Post 140 IP   flag post
DVR'd Magnum PI and Lethal Weapon. They weren't too bad. I'll give them another episode or two before I make up my mind on continuing to watch them.
Post 141 IP   flag post
HAPPY! Season 2 Official First Look Trailer. I'll be so hoppy when this comes back next year!

Post 142 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster So happy someone had the balls to put this on TV.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Iron fist cancel after se2

saw that coming
Post 144 IP   flag post

'Luke Cage' Cancelled at Netflix, No Season 3 Coming
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't see that coming. I thought Disney wasn't going to put these adult shows on their streaming service?
Post 146 IP   flag post
I'm catching up on some of my DVR'd stuff. Charmed and Black Lightning, I give both thumbs WAY down. It's obvious that the writers for both shows are heavily influenced by the ridiculous Hollywood attitudes involving sexual preference and racial separation. These shows are not doing anything to bring people together but rather spew hatred for men and certain races. Just my opinion.
Post 147 IP   flag post
This looks fun! I'm really looking forward to watching this

Kiernan Shipka Takes on the Patriarchy in 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina'

'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' Trailer
clickable text
Post 148 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I'm catching up on some of my DVR'd stuff. Charmed and Black Lightning, I give both thumbs WAY down. It's obvious that the writers for both shows are heavily influenced by the ridiculous Hollywood attitudes involving sexual preference and racial separation. These shows are not doing anything to bring people together but rather spew hatred for men and certain races. Just my opinion.

The new Charmed sucks monkey balls. Trying to ride the coat tails of the original, but it shares nothing but the name. The CW sucks in general. Almost nothing on that network is remotely watchable any more.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Black Lightning struck me as odd because it's an upper class family in a nice home dealing with ghetto issues.
Post 150 IP   flag post
My DVR missed the season premiere of Black Lightning. Even less than one week in Fios wanted me to pay to watch it On Demand. Will probably record the rest and binge watch it once they rerun the first episode.
Post 151 IP   flag post
After tomorrow, both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie and Mystery channel are going full blown Christmas programming until about New Years. They do this every year and every year I get upset. I fall asleep with my tv on the Mystery channel. Their late night shows are Murder She Wrote, Hart to Hart, Matlock and Columbo.

Well, yesterday my cable carrier added ElRey network. I had to add the Spanish tier to my bill for $6 a month, but it's gonna be worth it!!! And I have no idea why they added it to their Spanish channels, all the selections are in English. I think Danny Trejo is involved in the network somehow, but that is the only Spanish connection I can think of. Regardless, I have wanted the ElRey network here for 2 and a half years. I had it in my old apartment and enjoyed it tremendously.

The late night selections look to include Stargate Atlantis, The Incredible Hulk, Stargate SG-1, The A-Team, Lucha Underground (that may be broadcast in Spanish, I don't recall) and an occasional paid program. But their movie selection is usually right up my alley, The Crow is on right now.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Didn't see that coming. I thought Disney wasn't going to put these adult shows on their streaming service?

Netflix is more and more moving to shows that they own and control. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and other shows that have recently been cancelled by Netflix are shows that come from outside production studios. Luke Cage and Iron Fist are both from ABC Studios. So even if Disney isn't moving them to their own streaming service, Netflix doesn't want them, unless they are home runs.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
After tomorrow, both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie and Mystery channel are going full blown Christmas programming until about New Years. They do this every year and every year I get upset. I fall asleep with my tv on the Mystery channel. Their late night shows are Murder She Wrote, Hart to Hart, Matlock and Columbo.

I am not a fan of 24/7 Christmas either.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I know what I will be watching on Halloween evening!!!

Post 155 IP   flag post
601324 999 30