Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
https://comicsheatingup.net/2018/06/09/kamala-khan-to-be-in-captain-marvel-film/
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
BTW, currently watching the first episodes of Cloak & Dagger. Not bad so far.

We have completely different tastes. I just watched the first two episode and they are horrible in my opinion. It's like watching several really bad music videos played in slow motion. It's followed by what seems like 15 minutes of commercials at every break. I'd venture to say that every one of those TV commercials when viewed alone would have more story to it than an entire episode of the show. Both main characters are wishy-washy dip-S#%ts. I have zero interest in watching future episodes.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Agent Carter may be coming back. Marvel is looking for a network for the show Love Hayley Atwell!

clickable text

Love Hayley Atwell.
Liked Season 1.
Hated Season 2.
Post 103 IP   flag post

People of Earth season 3 has been cancelled after initially being renewed. If you haven't watched this comedy, it's about a support group for people who have been abducted by aliens. I really liked the first season. Jeff the Grey alien was my favorite character by far. Season 2 was not as good and it never had good ratings, so not surprising. But still disappointing to me. I hope Netflix or someplace else picks it up.

clickable text
Post 104 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 105 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Marvel’s The Defenders Cancelled – No Season 2 For Netflix TV Series

clickable text
Post 106 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I missed the first 35 minutes of episode 1, so I felt a little lost. It does seem like episode 3 is where it really kicks in.

My mistake. Slow like molasses in January.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I missed the first 35 minutes of episode 1, so I felt a little lost. It does seem like episode 3 is where it really kicks in.

My mistake. Slow like molasses in January.

You can say you missed 35 minutes, but I don't think you missed anything at all.
Post 108 IP   flag post
I'm a believer in hit the ground running and work in the origin stories as the season progresses... when people have developed an interest. The idea that everything needs to begin with an in depth (read complicated) origin is as boring as hell.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm a believer in hit the ground running and work in the origin stories as the season progresses... when people have developed an interest. The idea that everything needs to begin with an in depth (read complicated) origin is as boring as hell.

I like to see stories where the heroes have "providence". Screwing up, being idiots, or randomly overcoming an obstacle doesn't appeal to me. The origin should re-enforce who they are as a hero. The origin is the "leap of faith" the viewer has to accept in order to embrace the entire story. Focusing on it makes people want to pick it apart. I thought it was stupid that Dagger hid a bag of money up in the ceiling. She knows her mom is worthless and she hides her valuables in a place her mom inhabits 7 days a week without being there to guard it. I don't like watching shows that lift up the significance and importance of stupid people. Especially not as a force for good.
Post 110 IP   flag post
‘Lucifer’ Saved: Netflix Picks Up Series For Season 4 After Fox Cancelation

clickable text
Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
‘Lucifer’ Saved: Netflix Picks Up Series For Season 4 After Fox Cancelation

clickable text

Woo hoo!
Post 112 IP   flag post
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I had some down time and keyed up the 3rd episode of Cloak and Dagger thinking I might've been too harsh on the first two episodes. It went into some crappy song with no action or story progression so I flipped it off. I don't think I watched 3 minutes of the episode. Obviously, I forgot how bad it was. The show is horrible.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Sucker.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Yeah. I was.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Comic Book Men Cancelled – No Season 8 For AMC TV Series

Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Comic Book Men Cancelled – No Season 8 For AMC TV Series

I saw some of the first season and thought it was terrible. The comic shops I hung out at had better conversations. I never watched anything past the first season.
Post 117 IP   flag post
The last episode I saw of Westworld went off the deep end completely. I felt that Seasons 1 & 2 were both decent until the season finale. For some reason the closing episodes have been garbage to me. I think I'm going to quit watching the show after that last episode. I just don't care about the story or the characters anymore.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just watched the first episode of "Bobcat Goldthwait's Misfits and Monsters" on TRU tv. If you liked "Tales from the Crypt", this show is for you!!! He described it as the baby of "Cape Fear" and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". I loved it!!!

I also heard that Netflix is coming out witha "Chilling Adventures with Sabrina" show. That one should be interesting. I'm hoping it will be great!!
Post 119 IP   flag post

Just watched the trailer and have my DVR set. We'll check it out!
Post 120 IP   flag post
clickable text

Joss Whedon, who has many sci-fi TV credits to his name, returns with a new show on HBO. The Nevers is described as a science fiction drama about a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities.

HBO supposedly outbid Netflix for the show. If they both wanted this one, I'll go out on a limb and say it'll be pretty good.
Post 121 IP   flag post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk&feature=share
Post 122 IP   flag post
Post 123 IP   flag post
I just can't get excited about anything Star Wars anymore
Post 124 IP   flag post
Shark Week

What the hell? Orca Whales attacking Great White Sharks to eat their liver??? A battle royal that has secretly been going on for millennia. Sounds like an Aquaman backup story. Screw the Vampire vs werewolves, we've got sharks vs whales! The coordinated tactical attacks are amazing! Anyone watching this?
Post 125 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Yep!!! I'm a big fan of Shark week!!! Have been for years.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster
Post 127 IP   flag post
It first thought I was thinking in cartoon form. Maybe in a wheelchair? Dunno, any thoughts?

Captain Jean-Luc Picard Returns:
clickable text

'Star Trek' Fans React to the Return of Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard

Star Trek fans got huge news out of the Star Trek Las Vegas convention today. Patrick Stewart is officially returning to the franchise as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a brand new Star Trek series for CBS All Access, home of Star Trek: Discovery.

The announcement, which was made by Star Trek: Discovery co-creator Alex Kurtzman at the convention, was completely unexpected. When Kurtzman took the stage to announce the next new Star Trek television series, Stewart joined him and confirmed his return as the beloved Captain Picard. Stewart simultaneously released a statement on social media with more details of his return:

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

As one might guess, Stewart isn't the only one looking forward to his return to the beloved, fan-favorite character. Shortly after the announcement, Twitter lit up with excitement for Stewart's return. While further details on Stewart's new Star Trek series have been revealed at this time other than it will stream on CBS All Access, fans are thrilled to have Picard coming back after his last appearance in 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Better Call Saul Season 4 starts tonight, Monday August 6. One of my current favorite TV shows. In many ways, I actually like it more than Breaking Bad. Very interested and excited to see how this season progresses.

Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Picard is back baby!
Post 130 IP   flag post
601308 999 30