Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Series Premieres March 19th.

Post 926 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I just read the comics last year. Great story. I am excited for this.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:

I just read the comics last year. Great story. I am excited for this.

hmmmmmm...should I grade or just sell raw??
Post 928 IP   flag post
watching what I think is a documentary...really crazy stuff......Team America??
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
This might not be everyone's cup of tea but Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham has been delightful so far.
Post 930 IP   flag post

Galaxy Quest TV Series Happening

While Galaxy Quest wasn’t a hit upon its initial release in 1999, the film has earned a cult following over the years, and there have been plenty of rumors that Galaxy Quest could be revived in some fashion. In a new interview with Collider, Galaxy Quest star Sigourney Weaver talked about the return of the franchise, and says that the series is finally being revived.

In the interview, Weaver states that the original film’s writer, Bob Gordon, wrote a sequel, but after the cuts made by DreamWorks to the original film, he decided to not let the studio have his second film. But Weaver says that about four years ago, Gordon and producer Mark Johnson and their team started to work on making a series. After the unexpected death of Alan Rickman, the series was put on hold, but Weaver says “I think they are finally now reviving it.”

Weaver continues this new series would center around what sounds to be a Galaxy Quest reboot, which would introduce a new cast, but also bring back the old characters from the original series. Weaver also states that she believes everyone involved with the original film would likely be up for the new series, but she’s not sure how this series would handle replacing Alan Rickman. Finally, Weaver said that the last news she had heard of the series was six months ago, so she’s not entirely sure when the project will happen.

When Galaxy Quest debuted in 1999, it opened at #7 and ended up making $90 worldwide, against a $45 million budget. Yet the film was immediately beloved by Star Trek fans, who in 2013 voted that Galaxy Quest was the seventh greatest Star Trek film, even though it’s just a parody. Currently, the film holds a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes’ Tomatometer, and a 79% audience score.

But a Galaxy Quest series with the original cast would be a pretty big deal, considering how this cast has only become more popular over the last two decades. In addition to Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman, Galaxy Quest also starred Tim Allen, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Daryl Mitchell, and Justin Long, amongst others. This was also the film debut for both Long and The Office’s Rainn Wilson.

There have been several attempts over the years to continue Galaxy Quest in some fashion. In 2008, a comic book sequel was released entitled Galaxy Quest: Global Warming, and in 2015, a series was launched that took place years after the series. In an interview in 2016, Sam Rockwell stated that the cast had plans to sign on for a follow-up series at Amazon, but the death of Rickman and Tim Allen’s television schedule stopped this from happening.

In 2019, a film called Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary was also released to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film. If anything, this film showed that the love for this film still goes strong and that there is a desire from fans to see more adventures in this world. Whether or not we will see an official follow-up to Galaxy Quest is still uncertain, but as of right, it looks like everyone involved is on board to continue this story.

Post 931 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://blog.trekcore.com/2021/03/star-trek-voyager-documentary-fundraiser-launches/

STAR TREK: VOYAGER Documentary Fundraiser Launches, Warps Past $400,000 in First-Day Donations
Post 932 IP   flag post
Post 933 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - That story is three years old already.
Post 934 IP   flag post
@esaravo I didn't even notice. Well, that sucks!

Looks like it was squashed just as soon as it started... ABC Not Moving Forward With Greatest American Hero Reboot - 2018
Post 935 IP   flag post
Post 936 IP   flag post
‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’: Paramount+ Series Adds Five To Cast As Production Begins
By Denise Petski

March 12, 2021

Paramount+ has rounded out the cast of its upcoming new original series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds as production officially gets underway in Toronto.

Babs Olusanmokun (Black Mirror, Dune), Christina Chong (Tom and Jerry, Black Mirror), Celia Rose Gooding (Jagged Little Pill), Jess Bush (Skinford, Les Norton) and Melissa Navia (Dietland, Billions) are set as series regulars in the series based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise.They join previously announced Ethan Peck, Anson Mount and Rebecca Romijn, who will be reprising their roles from Season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.

The Strange New Worlds‘ premiere episode is written by Star Trek: Picard EP Akiva Goldsman from a story the Oscar winner wrote with Kurtzman and fellow EP Jenny Lumet. Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers serve as co-showrunners, with Goldsman directing the premiere episode.

Produced by CBS Studios, Alex Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will follow Captain Pike (Mount), Science Officer Spock (Peck) and Number One (Romijn) in the years before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

Goldsman, Kurtzman and Lumet will executive produce with Alonso Myers, Heather Kadin, Frank Siracusa, John Weber, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth. Aaron Baiers, Akela Cooper and Davy Perez will serve as co-executive producers. Goldsman remains an executive producer and a key part of the creative team on Star Trek: Picard as well.

“In a career, there is never enough work that is pure joy. I feel that my friend Alex Kurtzman along with David Stapf at CBS Studios and Julie McNamara at Paramount+ have given me just that by letting me haunt the stock rooms of my favorite candy store and I am grateful,” said Goldsman, co-showrunner and EP. “With a hell of a cast and undying love for the original series, we boldly go.”

“I’m incredibly grateful to be working alongside Akiva and our brilliant, multi-faceted cast to help bring the adventures of the Starship Enterprise to new life,” said Myers, co-showrunner and EP. “For someone who’s been dreaming of spaceships and alien worlds since I was little, this show is a dream come true.”

The series is distributed by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.

Olusanmokun’s notable television credits include Netflix’s Black Mirror, Marvel’s The Defenders, HBO’s Emmy-winning miniseries The Night Of and History’s Roots miniseries remake. He’ll next be seen on the big screen in the upcoming Dune and Wrath of Man.

Chong can currently be seen in the live-action adaption of Hanna Barbera’s Tom and Jerry and in The CW’s Bulletproof. Chong’s other television credits include Black Mirror, Doctor Who, the BBC’s Ill Behaviour and ABC event miniseries Of Kings and Prophets, among others. Film credits include Christmas Eve, opposite Patrick Stewart, and Johnny English: Reborn.

Gooding starred as Frankie Healy in Jagged Little Pill, a musical inspired by Alanis Morissette’s award-winning album, until the Broadway shutdown in 2020, and received a 2020 Tony Award nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for her work. Past theater roles also include Urinetown and Fame.

Bush starred as Helen in the indie feature Skinford and recurred as Kendall in the Channel 10 series Playing for Keeps. Bush also appeared in the Australian series Halifax – Retribution and guest-starred in ABC’s Les Norton opposite Rebel Wilson and David Wenham.

Navia’s recent television credits include a recurring role on AMC’s Dietland and guest roles on Showtime’s Billions and Homeland. In March 2020, she made her Off-Broadway debut in the praised Bundle of Sticks at INTAR Theatre.

Post 937 IP   flag post
Stargate: SG-1 & Veteran TV Actor Cliff Simon Passes Away, Age 58

Posted on March 11, 2021 | by Tom Chang
Veteran TV actor Cliff Simon best known to sci-fi fans as the villain Ba'al on Stargate SG-1 passed at the age of 58 following a kiteboarding accident on March 9 according to his wife, who posted on his Facebook page. In a career spanning four decades, the South African actor made various appearances on the small screen and in voice-over work. Following his debut in Egoli: Place of Gold in 1991, he had bit roles in shows like Tropical Heat in 1993 and Nash Bridges in 2000. He also landed his first film role that same year in Operation Delta Force 5: Random Fire before having his big break as the Goa'uld, Ba'al, named after the Egyptian god on Stargate SG-1 in the season five episode "Summit".

Cliff Simon: Career Retrospective
Ba'al made such an impression, Simon made 14 more appearances throughout the SG-1's 10-season run on Showtime and SyFy and was even the featured villain in the 2008 TV film Stargate: Continuum. Since the series end, the actor continued making several appearances on prime time television including 24, three NCIS series as different characters, The Americans, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, and Amazon's Personal Space. The actor also lent his voice to games The Order: 1886 for Sony and Konami's Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

"To friends, family and fans, it is with unimaginable heartbreak that I am sharing with you, that my beloved husband, Cliff Simon, passed away at 12:30pm on Tuesday March 9, 2021. He was at Topanga Beach, California and sadly passed away after a tragic kiteboarding accident. He was known to most of you on this page as the villain you loved to hate, Ba'al, from Stargate SG-1. But as he said, 'acting is what I do, it's only a part of who I am.'
And he was SO much more – a true original, an adventurer, a sailor, swimmer, dancer, actor, author. There is a gaping hole where he once stood on this earth. He was loved by too many to mention and had a great impact on so many lives. He was an amazing and much loved brother, uncle, nephew, cousin and friend.
He was and always will be the love of my life and there is unimaginable heartbreak.
A small saving grace to this tragedy is that he was doing one of the things he loved most and passed away on the beach near the water, which was his temple.
I know this is a shock and will hit hard but we hope you can respect our need for privacy at this time.
I will end with this verse which Cliff loved and lived his life by:
'I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dryrot.
I would rather be a super meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.'
I ask that you please respect our family's privacy during this time."

SAN DIEGO, CA – JULY 24: Actor Cliff Simon attends the premier of "Stargate: Continuum" aboard the USS Midway, during Comic Con International, July 24, 2008 in San Diego, California. (CarlaVanWagoner / Shutterstock.com)
Post 938 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Stargate: SG-1 & Veteran TV Actor Cliff Simon Passes Away, Age 58

Posted on March 11, 2021 | by Tom Chang
Veteran TV actor Cliff Simon best known to sci-fi fans as the villain Ba'al on Stargate SG-1 passed at the age of 58 following a kiteboarding accident on March 9 according to his wife, who posted on his Facebook page. In a career spanning four decades, the South African actor made various appearances on the small screen and in voice-over work. Following his debut in Egoli: Place of Gold in 1991, he had bit roles in shows like Tropical Heat in 1993 and Nash Bridges in 2000. He also landed his first film role that same year in Operation Delta Force 5: Random Fire before having his big break as the Goa'uld, Ba'al, named after the Egyptian god on Stargate SG-1 in the season five episode "Summit".

Cliff Simon: Career Retrospective
Ba'al made such an impression, Simon made 14 more appearances throughout the SG-1's 10-season run on Showtime and SyFy and was even the featured villain in the 2008 TV film Stargate: Continuum. Since the series end, the actor continued making several appearances on prime time television including 24, three NCIS series as different characters, The Americans, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, and Amazon's Personal Space. The actor also lent his voice to games The Order: 1886 for Sony and Konami's Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

"To friends, family and fans, it is with unimaginable heartbreak that I am sharing with you, that my beloved husband, Cliff Simon, passed away at 12:30pm on Tuesday March 9, 2021. He was at Topanga Beach, California and sadly passed away after a tragic kiteboarding accident. He was known to most of you on this page as the villain you loved to hate, Ba'al, from Stargate SG-1. But as he said, 'acting is what I do, it's only a part of who I am.'
And he was SO much more – a true original, an adventurer, a sailor, swimmer, dancer, actor, author. There is a gaping hole where he once stood on this earth. He was loved by too many to mention and had a great impact on so many lives. He was an amazing and much loved brother, uncle, nephew, cousin and friend.
He was and always will be the love of my life and there is unimaginable heartbreak.
A small saving grace to this tragedy is that he was doing one of the things he loved most and passed away on the beach near the water, which was his temple.
I know this is a shock and will hit hard but we hope you can respect our need for privacy at this time.
I will end with this verse which Cliff loved and lived his life by:
'I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dryrot.
I would rather be a super meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.'
I ask that you please respect our family's privacy during this time."

SAN DIEGO, CA – JULY 24: Actor Cliff Simon attends the premier of "Stargate: Continuum" aboard the USS Midway, during Comic Con International, July 24, 2008 in San Diego, California. (CarlaVanWagoner / Shutterstock.com)

Loved him in SG-1!!!! RIP
Post 939 IP   flag post
New season (#3) of Formula 1: Drive to Survive on Netflix!!!
Big F1 fan and I'll have this finished this weekend...real live races start again next weekend..can't wait...midfield should be closer and maybe even someone can knock off Mercedes ahead of the new regulations next year!
To bad..would have liked to attend a race with some of my fav drivers in but no fans again this year, and no guarantee my fav driver will be back next year!
Post 940 IP   flag post

'Creepshow' Bounces Back with Season 2 Premiere
Shudder's anthology show returns and finds a secret weapon named Raimi.

Shudder continues to be a devil send for horror and genre fans as the streaming service brings more gems, new and old, into our lives. While feature films are their mainstay, they’ve also dipped into the world of horror series with their most popular one being an anthology show adaptation and continuation of a certain Stephen King and George Romero classic. Now Creepshow Season 2 has begun, and they’ve already greenlit a third.

The legendary Meg Shields and I reviewed and ranked Season 1 and we were a bit underwhelmed. We each had a favorite, but the season as a whole was something of a disappointment (an opinion that admittedly put us in the minority). Still, both the premise and the promise are too great to give up hope, so we’re entering into the second season optimistic for thrills, fun, and EC Comics-style chills. We’ll once again be reviewing the episodes and then seeing how they all stack up at the end, so let’s jump in and get our feet wet once more with the Creepshow Season 2 premiere!

“Model Kid”
Director: Greg Nicotero
Writer: John Esposito

Joe’s (Brock Duncan) life isn’t great — he’s bullied outside, and he’s stressed inside by his mother’s ailing health — so he finds solace in a love for horror movies, characters, and hobbies. When his mom dies, Uncle Kevin (Kevin Dillon) and Aunt Barb (Jana Allen) take over on the parental front, but neither is truly up for the task. Kevin is a brute incapable of understanding or appreciating the boy’s interests, and that intolerance soon leads to him destroying and throwing out much of Joe’s collection. Big mistake since one of the ads in Joe’s horror magazines offers a fun little toy called a voodoo doll.

One of the issues that plagued Season 1 is a sort of clunkiness with its editing and transitions, sometimes in the stories themselves but frequently in the wraparound host segments featuring the Creep. It happens again here as his fumbling with a film projector shifts to animation right before giving a Gillman Meets the Mummy title card — then jumping into the Creepshow opening credits — and then moving back to the magazine contents and a return to the black & white Gillman film (a nod to Universal horrors inexplicably presented as a silent film). It’s a minor thing to be sure, but the disjointed feel hurts the flow.

The segment’s real issue, though, is an obvious familiarity as it takes the wraparounds from the films and turns them into a full story, but it does so without adding anything to the mix. You know immediately and completely what’s coming as Joe is pushed too far by both the uncle and a bully and calls in some supernatural assistance from the classified ads. Curiously, the troubled boy character in the film wraparounds is named Billy, but here it’s the bully who’s named Billy.

There are a couple of highlights here in the writing as Joe’s mom describes movies as “time machines” that transport viewers back to past viewings. It’s not a new concept, but it’s a nice nod towards what draws people to revisit films both with and without loved ones. Uncle Kevin is a cruel character, but his argument that it’s “hard being a man these days” speaks to an issue that still threatens society today — namely, the fragility of the male ego. More exploration here would have helped the segment stand apart from the movie wraparounds, but it’s not to be. It’s a dull disappointment no matter how you slice it, but happily, the episode rebounds mightily with segment two.

“Public Television of the Dead”
Director: Greg Nicotero
Writer: Rob Schrab

It’s just another day WQPS, a public television station in Pittsburgh, PA, and various shows are filming across a handful of soundstages. Mrs. Bookberry (Coley Campany) is charming children with her morality tales, a Bob Ross-inspired painter named Norm (Mark Ashworth) is calmly creating works of art, and the host (Peter Leake) of The Appraiser’s Road Trip is checking out his first guest’s family heirloom. The guest is Ted Raimi. And the heirloom? It’s the Necronomicon from his brother Sam’s film, The Evil Dead. “It’s been in the family for years,” says Ted, and once the host starts reading the text all hell breaks loose at WQPS.

Look, if you don’t find “Bob Ross versus the Deadites” to be a genius concept then you are not someone I want to know. Ashworth is terrific, and watching him gently intone a warning to an undead Raimi while rolling up his sleeves to expose a skull tattoo from his time in Vietnam is just a delight. The carnage comes quick as the painter, along with his producer (Marissa Hampton) and cameraman (Todd Allen Durkin), try to escape and stop the unfolding supernatural threat spreading blood splatter throughout the studio.

Nicotero manages a few Raimi-esque camera moves along the way as he floats demonically down a hallway and turns paint thinner into a fireball. It’s an energetic romp that, despite the body count, delivers a ton of fun across its short running time. Raimi is highly entertaining, both alive and dead, and more laughs come courtesy of the increasingly foul-mouthed Mrs. Bookberry. It’s an undeniably silly segment — preventing a live broadcast of the incantation becomes a necessity, but no one thinks to simply move the camera — but that playfulness succeeds in blending the tones of both Creepshow and the Evil Dead films.

Karma, an element often at the forefront of the Creepshow films and the EC Comics that inspired them, is woven through the segment — both segments, to be fair, but here it’s less one-note and more creative and satisfying — both for its characters and public television itself. The story finds value in these people, whether it be teaching art and calmness or fighting for others in the face of adversity (and monsters, and cheekily reminds viewers to contribute during the next pledge drive. It also ends the premiere episode on a high and leaves us excited for the rest of the season, and that’s no small thing.
Post 941 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Training on "possible" fight scenes on moon knight.

Screen Rant: MCU Moon Knight's Brutal Moves Revealed In Oscar Isaac Training Video.
https://screenrant.com/moon-knight-mcu-show-oscar-isaac-fighting-video/
Post 942 IP   flag post

Post 943 IP   flag post
LOVE IT!!!

‘Toxic Avenger’: Jacob Tremblay Joins Peter Dinklage In The Legendary Reboot

EXCLUSIVE: Jacob Tremblay is set to co-star opposite Peter Dinklage in Legendary’s new Toxic Avenger movie. Macon Blair is on board to direct.

A contemporary reimagining of Troma Entertainment’s successful 1984 low-budget action comedy hit, The Toxic Avenger is steeped in environmental themes and subverts the superhero genre in the vein of Deadpool. When a struggling everyman is pushed into a vat of toxic waste, he is transformed into a mutant freak who must go from shunned outcast to underdog hero as he races to save his son, his friends and his community from the forces of corruption and greed. Troma’s Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz will serve as producers.

The Toxic Avenger became successful after a long run as a midnight movie in New York City, leading to sequels The Toxic Avenger Part II, The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie, and Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV. The property also became a stage musical production, a children’s cartoon TV series and a Marvel comic.

Tremblay received a SAG nomination for his breakout performance in 2015’s Room starring opposite Oscar-winner Brie Larson, and in 2017 starred in the critical and commercial hit Wonder. He headlined Universal’s R-rated comedy hit Good Boys in 2019.

Tremblay will next voice Flounder in Disney’s upcoming live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid as well as the titular character in the upcoming Disney and Pixar film Luca. He is repped by UTA, Play Management & Jackoway Austen.
Post 944 IP   flag post
"Kung Fu" on the CW coming on in 5.
Post 945 IP   flag post
I've been watching. Of course, it's nothing like the original. It seems more like a spin-off of Mulan. I hope it doesn't get too stupid LOL! For now, it's still on my DVR list.
Post 946 IP   flag post
Anyone else watching "Cruel Summer" on FreeForm? Episode 3 is tonight and I'm looking forward to it!!! It's also available the next day on Hulu. This show is one where you need to watch the episodes in order, in my opinion.
Post 947 IP   flag post
Charlie Cox Confirmed To Return As Daredevil In Another Hero’s Marvel Series?

Those Charlie Cox rumors just won’t go away, which is a good thing. The more we hear about Cox returning as Matt Murdock, the better it may ultimately be for fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Daredevil, and the actor himself.

This rumor, which we have heard a few times prior, has Cox being somehow involved with the new Disney+ series She-Hulk. It appears to be confirmed by sources for We Got This Covered who said the series was in the works long before that was confirmed. Now, the source doesn’t explain yet how Charlie Cox finds his way to She-Hulk and at this point, do we care? What we do care about is that Daredevil is back in the MCU.

Naturally, this isn’t the first Charlie Cox/Daredevil returns to the MCU rumor that has been swirling around the actor. It has been widely thought that Cox is set to make his return to the MCU in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Fans have been clamoring for the actor to return almost immediately after Netflix unceremoniously canceled Daredevil after three short seasons, a cancellation that caught even Cox by surprise.

“A lot of us really expected to keep going and I certainly did. The truth is, I felt like we had a lot of stories to tell, and although I understand [the cancellation] I’m very saddened by that,” Charlie Cox told Entertainment Weekly not long after the cancellation. “It’s just how business works. But also, these characters mean a lot to people. It’s weird to think there’s a chance I won’t be playing Matt Murdock ever again. That’s a bizarre feeling because that character has been such a huge part of my life for the last four and a half years.”

This was before Charlie Cox’s name began to pop up as casting went out for Spider-Man: No Way Home. Speculation surrounding that movie is that somehow Peter Parker will enlist the aid of Matt Murdock as at the conclusion of Spider-Man: Far From Home, J.K. Simmons’ J. Jonah Jameson announces to the world that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. No Way Home also boasts a cast that has multi-verse implications as not only will Simmons reprise his role as Jameson, but also returning to the Spider-Man universe is Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius/Doc Ock, and Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro. Of course, leading the multi-verse way is Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, who looks to possibly filling the mentor shoes of the recently deceased Tony Stark.

Then there are the big rumors, the ones that say where there’s smoke, there is fire. Andrew Garfield and the OG Spider-Man Tobey Maguire’s name continue to show up as production continues on No Way Home, so fans are just going to have to be patient a while longer to see who actually shows up.

Back to She-Hulk and Charlie Cox. When Marvel President Kevin Feige first announced She-Hulk was coming to Disney+, he didn’t offer much more. At that same time, it was rumored (and denied by the actress) that Tatiana Maslany would be handling the duties as Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk. She has since been confirmed for the lead and the actress was happy to share the news on her Instagram page. It was also announced that Bruce Banner himself, Mark Ruffalo, would appear in the series as well as Tim Roth, who is returning as Abomination.

But then Feige decided to describe the tone She-Hulk would take and it came as a shock to many, though it does paint a picture that could fix Charlie Cox. The idea is for the show to be a half-hour legal comedy. Why? Well as Feige is quick to point out, the studio has yet to try a half-hour comedy series. All of their previous shows have been the longer one-hour format with a sprinkling of humor mixed in. This, by all accounts, looks to be a straight-on comedy. Interesting.

Bringing Charlie Cox into the mix, one can see where a drama may be better suited, he being a defense attorney and the comic book version of Walters being a private attorney who routinely represented superhumans. Pitting them against each other in court could have its drama, but one could also see some comedy developing from these situations.

As long as Charlie Cox is back in the MCU as Matt Murdock and Daredevil, let the laughs fly.
clickable text
Post 948 IP   flag post
Star Wars Droids to join Disney + later this year!!!!

I loved this tv show...also....has one of the best intros ever (music by the police - no sting)

Post 949 IP   flag post
New Batman, Superman Animated Series at HBO Max

Two-thirds of the DC Comics trinity are getting their own animated series at HBO Max. DC and Warner Bros. Animation with HBO Max and Cartoon Network announced two new series starring Batman and Superman.

Batman: Caped Crusader has been given a series order that reimagines the Batman mythology. Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, and Matt Reeves have signed on as executive producers and the show will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Bad Robot Productions, and 6th & Idaho. This heralds Timm’s long-anticipated return to DC animation, following his beloved work on Batman: The Animated Series.

“We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City. The series will be thrilling, cinematic, and evocative of Batman’s noir roots. All while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world,” Timm, Abrams, and Reeves said in a joint statement.

My Adventures with Superman will be an animated series for kids and families, telling stories of action, comedy, and romance between Superman and Lois Lane. The series is set when Clark, Lois, and Jimmy Olsen are twentysomethings learning who they are as they start to make their marks on The Daily Planet.

Clark is figuring out how to manage his role as Superman and Lois is becoming a star journalist when she brings aspiring photographer Jimmy into her investigations. Jack Quad (The Boys) and Alice Lee (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) have been cast as the voices of Clark and Lois. Sam Register is executive producing with Jake Wyatt and Brendan Clogher co-executive producing.

“This fresh take delivers a modern, relatable Clark Kent alongside a fearless, whip-smart Lois Lane. Both are navigating the small tasks of both becoming adults and trying to save the world,” Warner Bros.’ Amy Friedman said.

Post 950 IP   flag post

Titans Reveals Season 3 HBO Max Release Date

HBO Max is the new home of DC's live-action and animated shows, and that includes Titans. Titans will debut season 3 on the streaming service, and now we know when, as the cast took some time during filming to film a fun video where they teased what is in store for the season and revealed that season 3 will hit HBO Max in August of this year. We don't have a specific date yet in August, but I'm sure we'll get one soon. In the meantime, you can check out the full video below, which features all of the old favorites and some of the new faces joining the cast for season 3, and you can check out what they had to say about what's next for Titans below as well.

"We're shooting season 3, we are on set and we are making the magic happen," the cast said. "So get ready for some big surprises. Season 3 is gonna be dark, mysterious, exciting, heartbreaking, that's not exciting for anyone is it? It's gonna be action-packed, fun, and the cast can't wait for you to see it. It's gonna be big. It's bananas. And I mean bananas. So stay tuned, cuz season 3 of Titans is coming this August on our new home on HBO Max, and you heard it here first."

Titans showrunner Greg Walker also recently shared some details about season 3, specifically referring to how it's different in tone compared to the first two seasons.

“This is how this season is going to be different, I think in a lot of ways. It ultimately ends with them figuring out a way as a team. It ends optimistically,” Walker said. “I that the world that we live in right now. Especially the way the Titans can be, we kind of beat ourselves up for our past sins. It’s nice to be liberated. We have a character named Dove who is going to point in the direction we’re going to go. It takes them a long time to follow her advice. Ultimately finding a way to get off the hamster wheel. To stop doing things the way we’ve always done them and find a new way. That, they have to figure out how to do collectively.”

You can find the official description for Titans below.

"In this action-packed, live-action series, Dick Grayson, aka the former Robin (series star BRENTON THWAITES), emerges from the shadows to lead a band of new heroes – including Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and others. DC UNIVERSE’s first original series follows this group of young heroes as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the iconic Teen Titans franchise. In the groundbreaking first season, Dick meets Rachel Roth aka Raven (series star TEAGAN CROFT), a young girl with special abilities brought on by a mysterious darkness inside of her that she struggles to control, and together, they find themselves embroiled in a conspiracy to bring about Hell on Earth. Joined by the mysterious Kory Anders aka Starfire (series star ANNA DIOP) and loveable Gar Logan aka Beast Boy (series star RYAN POTTER), these lost and disparate individuals become a surrogate family to one another and a team of heroes for the world."

Post 951 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I can't figure out why HBO or another streaming service hasn't picked up Nobel Causes. The material is rich with story lines that would make for an excellent TV series. Also, it would be nice to see something that isn't a "relaunch or re-imagination" of this established character or that one.
Post 952 IP   flag post
The Vulcan Reporter: ‘Sandman’: Jenna Coleman Set To Play Constantine in Netflix Series.
https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/news/sandman-jenna-coleman-constantine/
Post 953 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoyed the first season and wasn't aware they were even making a 2nd until now. At least I know what I'm doing for the next couple days:

Post 954 IP   flag post
@flanders Ragnarok was great!!!
Post 955 IP   flag post
601455 999 30