Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
For the first time in a long time, I'm going to miss Monday Night Football to watch a three part miniseries, one episode after the other, tonight. It starts at 7 pm (CST) and goes to 10:50 on FX. I'll probably switch to the game during commercials.

Post 826 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
For the first time in a long time, I'm going to miss Monday Night Football to watch a three part miniseries, one episode after the other, tonight. It starts at 7 pm (CST) and goes to 10:50 on FX. I'll probably switch to the game during commercials.

Yeah. NOT what I was expecting!! MNF, here I come!!!
Post 827 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I'm LOVIN' METV!!!

Tonight's line-up...

MeTV, lately has been advertising Looney Toons coming soon (Bugs Bunny,..etc), but I'm not finding it on their website. I'm assuming/hoping around first of the year.
Post 828 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I'm LOVIN' METV!!!

Tonight's line-up...

MeTV, lately has been advertising Looney Toons coming soon (Bugs Bunny,..etc), but I'm not finding it on their website. I'm assuming/hoping around first of the year.

My assumption was correct. I just saw an ad on MeTV - 3 hours of Saturday Morning Classic Cartoons,... Bugs, Fog Horn, Popeye, Road Runner, etc.. beginning Saturday, Jan 2.
Post 829 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - That is a hell of a line-up: Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, and the Time Tunnel! All Irwin Allen shows from the 1960’s that were must watch TV for me back in the day.
Post 830 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
MeTV is great. That and Hallmark Mysteries and Movies (minus the black hole of holiday movies) is about all I watch.
Post 831 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Buck Rogers is the bomb.
Post 832 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Coming January 3rd on BBC America

Post 833 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
remember that time Jon Favreau saved the Star Wars franchise....
Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito
Yep, mandolorian is so good. A lot of that is due to Filoni too.
Post 835 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I sincerely hope this is true.
My buddy gave me her Netflix account and I could finally watch Star Trek.......

Giant Freakin Robot: Exclusive: Star Trek's Discovery And Picard Coming To Netflix.
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/star-trek-netflix-cbs.html
Post 836 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Possible Firefly reboot

Giant Freakin Robot: Exclusive: Firefly Reboot Coming To Disney+.
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/firefly-reboot-disney.html
Post 837 IP   flag post
@Bronte That would be cool, I'd love to see another quality on-going sci-fi series. I must say though, these Hollywood primadonnas like Whedon, need to go. Their talent should not forgo their temper tantrums and disrespect toward others. Just my 2¢.
Post 838 IP   flag post
I'd like to see it as long as I don't need to buy another streaming subscription. In this case I bought Disney during the promo, but I'm tired of places having 1 good show and you have to subscribe to watch.
Post 839 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not TV but live youtube!

America's cup prelims...actual battle for the cup is in March 2021
These races aren't even the qualifiers yet and the crews are still working out the kinks and there will be tech updates still on the way.

Just amazing!! Mono-hulls with hydrofoils reaching speeds of almost 50 knots (60mph or 100kph!!!!) with a sail boat!!!!
These are 70ft long 8ton boats (then add crew!) reaching those speeds!!!!!! - it's like something from the future!

Day 1 highlights!

Post 840 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The season 2 finale for the Mandolorian was pretty incredible!
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Agreed. I was freaking out!
Post 842 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

it was ok....I mean it was better than the latest movies (not hard to do) but there is only 1 thing bothering me......timelines.

In season 1 and 2 they have made reference to certain events from the first trilogy and certain groups of people from the prequel movies and that didn't seem to add up or make sense with the time they are in...then we have Boba Fett who is clearly much older than he was in the original films, which is actually appropriate but now we have this final episode and now there are more questions about timelines...other than that it was great.

Here's the thing...I'm not normally 'that' guy but damned the timelines just don't make sense!!
Post 843 IP   flag post
Curious what did they mention that would upset the timeline? Maybe im not watching close enough...

Post 844 IP   flag post
@the420bandit - assuming that timeline is in 1 year increments with the larger dashes every 5 years?

I may need to re-watch but in season 1 it seems that people in general and Mando specifically have no idea who the Jedi were even though they would have been running things when he was a child (or shortly before)-certainly not long enough for everyone to have forgotten them. Not to give spoilers for others but...if Boba is age appropriate...why not others? or do I have it wrong and it is Boba who is not age appropriate??

Even the whole..the empire has collapsed...it's been like 5 or 6 years since they took down the 2nd Death Star...an expansive control system like what the Empire had wouldn't have just collapsed because of 1 defeat..think Napoleon taking Moscow...fine..you took the capital - come and get the rest of the country..likewise..fine..you blew up 1 weapon..would take much longer to dismantle everything else.
Post 845 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@the420bandit - assuming that timeline is in 1 year increments with the larger dashes every 5 years?

I may need to re-watch but in season 1 it seems that people in general and Mando specifically have no idea who the Jedi were even though they would have been running things when he was a child (or shortly before)-certainly not long enough for everyone to have forgotten them. Not to give spoilers for others but...if Boba is age appropriate...why not others? or do I have it wrong and it is Boba who is not age appropriate??

Even the whole..the empire has collapsed...it's been like 5 or 6 years since they took down the 2nd Death Star...an expansive control system like what the Empire had wouldn't have just collapsed because of 1 defeat..think Napoleon taking Moscow...fine..you took the capital - come and get the rest of the country..likewise..fine..you blew up 1 weapon..would take much longer to dismantle everything else.

Yeah....songs of eaons past tell tales of battles with sorcerers called Jedi....maybe instead of eons they meant decades past? or in your fathers time?? and Mando is like - the who now?? are they an enemy? really?? a race of sorcerers who oversaw the galaxy just a few years before you were born and like..everyone forgot?

Anyway..just a small thing....and the age gap with Boba and someone else..but other than that it is all good!!
Post 846 IP   flag post
The first one came out in 1988. If I remember, it was pretty funny too. Love Eddie Murphy!

Post 847 IP   flag post
wow Wonder Woman 1984 was terrible.
Post 848 IP   flag post
I think I would give it a 6 out of 10 (and that's generous). Taking it at face value as a superhero movie for the empowerment of young girls, then I guess it was okay. My granddaughters will probably love it. The obvious portrayal of Ronald Reagon was ridiculous as was the wish and how Steve showed up. I don't want to give anything away to people who haven't seen it. It was nice to see the good looking Gal Gadot and reminisce about 1984. As the saying goes, it is what it is.

Post 849 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Finally finished watching Season 2 of the Madalorian. Liked the season overall, but the last two episodes were both great. Thanks to whoever mentioned there was an end credit scene. That was pretty cool.
Post 850 IP   flag post
I am still trying to find the reason why WW was in 1984. You could have made that movie during anytime and used the same plots. Was there 1 80s song? That was supposed to be Reagan? I am not too familiar with the villains and their origins. I have a basic understanding of Cheetah. I would assume her origin was way off. What about the other guy?

Maybe we should make a separate thread with spoilers.
Post 851 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty disappointed in WW 1984. Words that come to mind are cheesy, mediocre, and deja vu all over again. They tried too hard to repeat some of the best moments of the first film, and used the 1980’s for nostalgia laughs and to switch “roles” with Diana and Steve. Supposedly they were also trying to capture the feel of some of the early Superman movies from that time period. The best moments were between Steve and Diana, but I was uninvested in the other characters. Gal Gadot is still an incredible WW, but I really disliked the CGI final version of Cheetah and her big fight with WW. Maxwell Lord was an uninspiring character that has been seen in too many other stories. There was nothing original in his depiction (but I love the actor in the Mandolorian). I might watch it again just for Gal Gadot, but hell I’d watch a show about how to make yarn from lint if she was in it.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Since I got hbo max and was completely disappointed with WW which show should I watch next? His Dark Materials? The Outsider? Raised By Wolves? Chernobyl? Lovecraft Country? any others?
Post 853 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Since I got hbo max and was completely disappointed with WW which show should I watch next? His Dark Materials? The Outsider? Raised By Wolves? Chernobyl? Lovecraft Country? any others?

Raised by Wolves & Dark Materials are pretty good
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
A plug for Stargirl to anyone who hasn't seen it; I was absolutely blown away by it, and I find most shows like it all but unwatchable. (I got through one episode apiece of Supergirl and Batwoman, and 0 of Flash, Arrow, Smallville, Riverdale, etc.)

There may never be another episode of the series due to star Bassinger's health vulnerabilities (she has type 1 diabetes & therefore serious COVID concerns), but if one season is all we ever get, I'll take it!

If it ends up a one season phenom, it would be the greatest single year TV series since Forever's epic year-long run, that being another one season wonder absolutely worth the watch for anyone who doesn't know about it.
Post 855 IP   flag post
600833 999 30