Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
This is sad.

The Orville Cancelled By Hulu – No Season 4

1st August 2020 by CancelledSoonTV.com

Hulu has pre-cancelled the space comedy before the third season has released.

Production sources confirm to Cancelled Soon TV that while The Orville Season 3 has been filmed and is set to be released later this year, the show “will certainly not” return for a fourth season.

Additionally, there are “no viable plans” to move the show either back to FOX or to a new platform for a fourth season.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
OK, not a comic book but I am absolutely loving Cobra Kai on Netflix. Just started watching last night and couldn't stop. The original Karate Kid movie spoke to a lot of folks in my generation, and this show will do the same. It's a continuation from Karate Kid 1, 35ish years later with a really clever and believable twist. The preppie bully from KK1 is down and out and still a shithead but he ends up training the misfit outsider kid. Daniel is very successful and his kids may be in danger of being the new generation of snotty rich bullies. It's incredibly well written with layered characters...the good guys have bad compartments and the bad guys have good compartments. A lot of humorous references to the original movie.
Post 752 IP   flag post

Post 753 IP   flag post
I love the series and looking forward to season 3 next year.

Post 754 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Lucifer Season 5 (part 1) first eight episodes out. Excellent binge watch! Five thumbs up.
Post 755 IP   flag post

@CatmanAmerica Thanks, I didn't know it was out!
Post 756 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster So was this Cobra Kai storyline a comic book story before it became a Netflix series? Or is it completely different?
Post 757 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Season one was 2018 and the comic book was 2019. I don't know what the storyline in the comic was. If you would like, the 4 issues can be read here...
clickable text
Post 758 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The Boys Season 2 has been released a day early and is now available on Amazon Prime.
Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Positive review in the Washington Post for The Boys. I watched the first episode of season 2 last night and am looking forward to the rest. Interesting that the article states that only the first 3 episodes are available now and then one episode will be released each Friday. Similar to what the Mandalorian did. I wonder if this is a trend for streamers to start doing this instead of releasing the whole season at once.

Not a spoiler (especially if you have watched the trailers), but the best part to me was Giancarlo Esposito playing Mr. Edgar and channeling his inner Gus Fring.
Post 760 IP   flag post
@Lonestar I read somewhere that The Boys was already renewed for season 3. I'm kind of split on the idea of releasing all of the episode at once or spreading them out. It's nice to binge watch them all but then again, when they are spread out, it seems like a little less time between seasons.
Post 761 IP   flag post
Star Trek: Discovery | Season 3 Official Trailer | CBS All Access

Post 762 IP   flag post
Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2 Teaser 2020 Breakdown - Baby Yoda and Easter Eggs

Post 763 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

The show is ending

Congratulations to Kim Kardashian for working ever so hard since the effort she puts in out in out in out in the pilot episode with Ray J years ago. Her performance was amazing in that pilot episode. I feel bad for Ray J for being written out of that show. He gave it his all to it.
Post 764 IP   flag post
Dune (2020) Trailer #1

Post 765 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
The Walking Dead TV show is ending with Season 11. Season 11 will have 24 episodes spread over 2 years and won't actually end until 2022. Spin offs are planned.
Post 766 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar it probably time to end it anyways. The last few seasons have lost the “mojo” the series once had.
Post 767 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
not comic book related but the first episode of Raised By Wolves blew my mind. It starts slow but boy o boy that ending. Whoa! Not what I was expecting.
Post 768 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Copied from Travel channel on Facebook. Too bad Grant isn't there.

"GHOSTOBER on Travel Channel is going to be insane!! The gang is back together for a special October 31st Halloween Night epic crossover! #kindredspirits #ghostnation https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/new-on-travel-channel/ghostober-2020-lineup

“Travel Channel wraps up Ghostober on Halloween night with the ultimate series crossover featuring superstar paranormal investigators from two of the network’s hit shows, Ghost Nation and Kindred Spirits. The ghost-hunting teams reunite for the first time in nearly a decade to explore frightening activity inside an illustrious Newport, Rhode Island, mansion in Ghost Nation: Reunion in Hell, premiering Saturday, October 31 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.”

Post 769 IP   flag post
The Mandalorian: Season 2 - Official Trailer

Post 770 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
that new Mando trailer looks better than the last two Star Wars films....
Post 771 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Gizmodo: Tatiana Maslany Will Play Disney+'s She-Hulk.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-tatiana-maslany-will-play-disney-s-she-hulk-1845096242
Post 772 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Gizmodo: Tatiana Maslany Will Play Disney+'s She-Hulk.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-tatiana-maslany-will-play-disney-s-she-hulk-1845096242

Loved her in Orphan Black
Post 773 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
May or may not be involved with hbo max...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicbook.news/henry-cavill-signs-superman-deal%3famp
Post 774 IP   flag post
Can’t remember who suggested Guns Akimbo, but it was pretty good! Not what I would have picked, but thoroughly enjoyed it!
Post 775 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069
Can’t remember who suggested Guns Akimbo, but it was pretty good! Not what I would have picked, but thoroughly enjoyed it!
I kept thinking is was the hobbit guy but no!! it was the magic guy!! was a fun movie...will watch again!!
Post 776 IP   flag post
been watching episodes of 8 out of 10 cats does countdown on youtube!! I like it when I can get the maths and the words!!
Post 777 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I’m pretty sure that’s the first movie with Daniel Radcliffe I’ve ever seen.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2069

That was me, post 750. Glad you enjoyed it, stupid fun!
Post 779 IP   flag post

Wonder Woman 1984 Release Pushed to Christmas

Warner Bros. has postponed the release of Wonder Woman 1984 to Christmas Day, December 25, 2020. This moves the superheroine’s sequel back from the planned release on October 2. It was originally scheduled for theatrical release on June 5, then it was bumped to August 14, before landing on the October date.

“[Director Patty Jenkins] is an exceptional filmmaker and with Wonder Woman 1984 she has delivered an incredibly dynamic film that moviegoers of all ages around the world will absolutely love,” Toby Emmerich, Warmer Bros. Motion Picture Group chairman, said. “We’re very proud of the film and look forward to bringing it to audiences for the holidays.”

“First and foremost let me say how much Gal and I love all our devoted Wonder Woman fans around the world, and your excitement for WW84 couldn’t make us happier or more eager for you to see the movie,” Jenkins said. “Because I know how important it is to bring this movie to you on a big screen when all of us can share the experience together, I’m hopeful you won’t mind waiting just a little bit longer. With the new date on Christmas Day, we can’t wait to spend the holidays with you!”

This move was likely in response to the underwhelming response that Tenet, another Warner Bros. movie, received upon its release. The movie, which cost an estimated $200 million to make only saw $20 million on its Labor Day weekend opening.

Jenkins, who helmed the highly successful Wonder Woman in 2017, returns to the director’s chair. Gal Gadot returns as the titular superheroine and Chris Pine is back as Steve Trevor. Pedro Pascal joins the cast as Max Lord and Kristen Wiig joins as Barbara Minerva/Cheetah.
Post 780 IP   flag post
601455 999 30