Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Jane Goodall: The Hope is on Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild on Wednesday night, which is also Earth Day.

The Grammys are doing a tribute to Prince on Tuesday night on CBS.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I ah...I've gone retro and have obtained audio dramas!!! like they used to play on the radio!!!
I have some Dr. Who, some Shadow...looking for others!!
Post 677 IP   flag post
@KatKomics when I was a kid, my brother and I got several radio shows on tape. We had Green Hornet, Lone Ranger and I believe Sherlock Holmes. We spent a summer listening to them at our lake cabin when the weather made tv reception impossible (and it didn't take much). Good times!!!
Post 678 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my favorites!

Post 679 IP   flag post

Post 680 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I watched the first two episodes of the Mandalorian last night. So far I like it. The first scene in the first episode reminded me of when Clint Eastwood collects a bounty in For a Few Dollars More at the beginning of the film. I stumbled across a fan trailer who made a spaghetti western style for it complete with Italian graphics.

I'm late on watching it but that's only because after I watch it, I'm cancelling my free trial.

Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
as far as radio shows go, i picked up the entire superman radio serial set on ebay awhile back. it was like 5$ for a thumb drive loaded up. i wish they did twilight zone on the radio
Post 682 IP   flag post
Snowpiercer Season 1 To Begin On TNT

Snowpiercer TV Show Synopsis & Details

TNT announced today that, in an effort to give viewers more compelling original content at a faster pace, the network is moving its highly anticipated post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller up to Sunday, May 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. "Snowpiercer is one of the most anticipated original series of 2020 and in this climate, viewers are craving thrilling, engaging, edge-of-your-seat content that speaks to them on a deeper level," says Brett Weitz, general manager for TNT, TBS and truTV. "It is extremely important that we continue with our promise to meet audiences where they are, and to that effect, we are moving up Snowpiercer's premiere so that fans can enjoy this futuristic series even earlier." Set more than seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, Snowpiercer centers on the remnants of humanity who inhabit a perpetually moving train, with 1001 cars, that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out in this riveting television adaptation based on the graphic novel series and film from Oscar(R) winner Bong Joon Ho (Parasite). The series was renewed for a season two prior to season one airing. Production on season one wrapped and season two production is nearly completed. Snowpiercer stars Oscar(R) winner Jennifer Connelly (A Beautiful Mind), Grammy(R) and Tony(R) Award winner Daveed Diggs (Hamilton, Black-ish), Emmy(R) nominee Alison Wright (The Americans), Mickey Sumner (Frances Ha, Battle of the Sexes), Susan Park (Ghostbusters), Iddo Goldberg (Peaky Blinders, The Zookeeper's Wife), Katie McGuinness (Dirty Filthy Love), Tony Award(R) winner and Grammy(R) nominee Lena Hall (Hedwig and the Angry Inch), Annalise Basso (Bedtime Stories), Sam Otto (Jellyfish), Roberto Urbina (Narcos), Sheila Vand (Argo) and Jaylin Fletcher (Saturday Church).

Post 683 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

@OGJackster Time to update the list of Masked Marvels: Dude taking dog out to pee. People waiting to get into grocery store. Customers at Post Office...
Post 684 IP   flag post
I'm currently caught up in the modern version Battlestar Galactica marathon running on Sci-Fi. Finally got to the later season episodes that I have not seen before.
Post 685 IP   flag post
A Hellraiser TV series is in development at HBO
By Craig Risi Posted on April 28, 2020

clickable text

Some horror franchises just keep finding ways of coming back from the dead, and no matter how formulaic their films may be, there is always someone trying to launch a new sequel or reboot to the franchise. Hellraiser is one such franchise which despite a string of really poor sequels and reboots (such as Hellraiser: Judgment from 2018), there are still people looking for another entry in the series in the hope that it can somehow recapture the magic of that first film which was a horror classic.

Clive Barker made the first Hellraiser film back in 1987, based off his own novella titled The Hellbound Heart. The story centred on sadomasochistic entities known as the Cenobites who, if summoned, drag their unwilling participants down to Hell where they are tortured endlessly until they learn to enjoy it. The film focused on the character of Pinhead, who is the leader of the Cenobites and became an instantly iconic horror villain in the process. Ever since Barker left the franchise after the first two films, the sequels have never been able to recapture that magic. Though you could argue that perhaps the latest movies were secretly trying to be Cenobites themselves by taking us through hell just by watching them.

Let’s hope though that fans won’t have to experience that again as according to Screen Rant, a new Hellraiser is once again in development, this time as a TV series for HBO with David Gordon Green set to direct the pilot episode and several more. This should excite fans because not only is HBO the studio with arguably the best production values, but Green also directed the recent Halloween film which perfectly recaptures the essence of that franchise and definitely bodes well for this new series.

This is also a franchise which could benefit from a deeper exploration of its horrific characters and settings to make it an even better experience for fans, with writers Mark Verheiden and Michael Dougherty aiming to do the story justice and create something with plenty of depth and thrills. I have never really been too thrilled about new Hellraiser projects, but with this new series, I think I may just start getting excited about it once more.

Last Updated: April 28, 2020
Post 686 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
ok...onto Space Battleship Yamato 2199 from 2012 -the show not the live action movie

Loved the English dubbed version when I was a kid - Starblazers -this one is also great although I maybe had to get it with help!!!

Post 687 IP   flag post
The last 4 nights I've been watching the new Sci-Fi show Upload on Amazon Prime. It's funny with some good insights, pleasant to watch overall. I've made it to episode 8, so that's a good sign. I took a break from "The Loop" around episode 3 as it got too drab for my current state of mind. Needed something a little more upbeat. Needed less melancholy violin in the musical score.
Post 688 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
ok...onto Space Battleship Yamato 2199 from 2012 -the show not the live action movie

Loved the English dubbed version when I was a kid - Starblazers

I also loved the tv Starblazers show when I was a kid. I thought, what the heck, let's check out what DVDs are out there. So I jump on Ebay expecting to see used DVDs for $5-$10. Yeah, my jaw dropped. Near as I can figure, it costs $40-$50 to get pirated copies of the original 1970s tv show. My 7 or 8 year old inner child would probably enjoy it for about a week. Then they would probably get put in a box or borrowed out and never watched again. I think I'll pass.
Post 689 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 690 IP   flag post
Pike, Spock and Number One to return in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
MAY 15, 2020 BY GARY COLLINSON

clickable text

CBS All Access has announced that its Star Trek universe is set to expand further with the new series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, which will take place during the early days of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 and see Anson Mount (Captain Christopher Pike), Ethan Peck (Spock) and Rebecca Romijn) reprising their roles from Star Trek: Discovery.

“When we said we heard the fans’ outpouring of love for Pike, Number One and Spock when they boarded Star Trek: Discovery last season, we meant it,” said CBS’ Star Trek superemo Alex Kurtzman. “These iconic characters have a deep history in Star Trek canon, yet so much of their stories has yet to be told. With Akiva and Henry at the helm, the Enterprise, its crew and its fans are in for an extraordinary journey to new frontiers in the Star Trek universe.”

The characters of Pike, Spock and Number One first appeared in ‘The Cage’ the original pilot for Star Trek, where they were played by Jeffrey Hunter, Leonard Nimoy and Majel Barrett respectively. The pilot was ultimately retooled, with Pike being replaced by William Shatner’s Captain Kirk and Nimoy’s Spock taking up the Number One position. Pike would later make his return in J.J. Abrams’ rebooted movie franchise, portrayed by Bruce Greenwood.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds becomes the third Star Trek series at CBS All Access after Discovery and Star Trek: Picard, both of which are returning for new seasons. The streamer is also working on a Section-31 spinoff revolving around Michelle Yeoh’s Philippa Georgiou, and has the animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks incoming.
Post 691 IP   flag post
Don't forget, premieres tomorrow on TNT!

Post 692 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of excellent recommendations, reviews of current and past series and movies, etc., but I wonder if anyone here feels we’re starting to run low on new U.S. produced entertainment? I probably preaching to the choir here as I'm sure most folks watch a wide variety of series and movies from around the world, but for those who haven't or have been resistant to sub-titles this post is directed to you.

Since a lot of folks are spending more time seeking distraction from day to day melodrama in the era of limited sports and fewer new series in production, I’d suggest looking toward Europe. Yeah, it’s an easy or reasonably easy adjustment to different perspectives in English language series from outside the U.S. even when dialects are difficult, but if you can make the mental jump to foreign languages and captioning, there’s an added wealth of clever series that may be well worth the time.

Sub-titled foreign language series are more difficult for multi-taskers as it requires attention keeping up with plot and dialogue translation, but if you can get past that there's plenty of enjoyable fare. Our preferences lean toward crime dramas, historical dramas and science fiction. We've had especially good fortune with series from Europe acquired with the "Walter Presents" banner, many of which have been outstanding. Various series are available though Amazon Prime, Bravo, Netflix, Hulu, Apple, Acorn, etc. Cheers...

Worth checking out (just off the top of my head):

Wallander
Dark
Deadwind
Ragnorak
Professor T.
Spiral
Balthazar
The Break
Post 693 IP   flag post
PS (Just recalled the title): I'd add Crimson Rivers to the cool Euro-TV series list.

Post 694 IP   flag post
If you didn't catch Snowpiercer on TNT last night, it's airing again tonight on TNT. I thought it was pretty good. There was a bit much going on, but that made it move fairly quick and it drew me in.
Post 695 IP   flag post
Anyone watching the Creepshow series on AMC? I've been meaning to watch it for weeks and finally remembered to watch it tonight. So I've only seen one episode, but I loved it!!!!!
Post 696 IP   flag post
I'm looking forward to watching the first episode tomorrow night.

Post 697 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Is Creepshow the old series or a new one?
I watched the first 2 Snowpiercer episodes. Not too bad, I'll keep watching.
Post 698 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Yeah, I've watched both episodes of Snowpiercer also. It's kind of a trip. What they did to that mom's arm freaked me out!!! But then I live in Minnesota and it gets COLD here in the winter!!!! As for Creepshow, these are all new episodes that were made for the Shudder streaming service in 2019. I don't watch Shudder so these are all new to me.
Post 699 IP   flag post
In my earlier recommendations I mentioned Ragnarok, but with a typo (sorry).
Subtitles notwithstanding, THOR fans should find this series quite entertaining...

Post 700 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Nice! I just started Creepshow (on demand). The first thing I noticed was the logo, GN raher than EC on the comics.
Post 701 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/lucifer-tom-ellis-offiically-returning-season-6-netflix-new-deal/
Post 702 IP   flag post
After reading this, it's still a hard pass for me. The description of the new character sounds ridiculous. Also sounds like they should change the name of the network.

Batwoman to Replace Kate Kane with New Character

When Batwoman returns in 2021, there will be a new character as well as a new face under the cowl. The show isn’t going to recast the character of Kate Kane, which Ruby Rose recently excited after the end of the first season. Instead, The CW will introduce a new character named Ryan Wilder to take the role of Batwoman.

Based on the casting call that’s making the rounds, Ryan is a woman in her mid to late 20s and is the opposite of Kate. The casting call encourages LGBTQ performers and did not specify ethnicity. “She’s likable, messy, a little goofy, and untamed,” the document reads. “With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today, reformed and sober, Ryan lives in van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk from an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly disciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero.”

Introducing a new character as the lead will bring up a lot of questions regarding the rest of the characters. What will this mean for Alice, Kate’s twin and season one villain who became obsessed with seeking revenge against her sister? Presumably, Luke will still be involved in helping Batwoman, but what about Mary, Kate’s stepsister who joined the team mostly for the familial reason. Before those and other questions can be addressed, the show will have to set up Kate’s departure and the fall out with the supporting cast.

Batwoman is expected to return in January 2021, though that announcement was made before Ruby Rose’s exit news, so it could be delayed to accommodate the changes.
Post 703 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm watching the Inhumans on Disney+ and while it's not great..it has its moments. I hope Marvel tries again for the big screen.
Post 704 IP   flag post
AMC had marathon of nos4a2 season 1 today. Season 2 starts June 21st. I watched it and I want more!!!!
Post 705 IP   flag post
598059 999 30