Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Lucifer season 5 theories: Major comic-book character to debut as fans spot easter egg
clickable text

Post 651 IP   flag post
'Lost In Space' will return for season 3 on Netflix
By Scott Snowden a day ago

But it will be the last season.
clickable text

If you haven't watched Netflix's "Lost in Space," then go and do so this instant. Put down your oat milk latte, forget about that PowerPoint presentation and log on to Netflix. You'll thank us.

"Lost in Space" is a reimagining of the 1965 pioneering sci-fi series of the same name that premiered on black-and-white TV screens across America. That show came from the imagination of Irwin Allen and showrunner Zack Estrin has done to this what Ron D. Moore did to Glen A. Larson's 1978 "Battlestar Galactica." It's been updated, reimagined, regendered, tweaked and fine-tuned and the end result has been one of the sci-fi shows on TV recently.

Netflix confirmed in a statement this month that the show had been renewed for its third and final season.

Estrin said in the statement: "From the beginning, we've always viewed this particular story of the Robinsons as a trilogy. A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end."

And given how fast little Will Robinson (Maxwell Jenkins) is growing up, continuing beyond this would probably double the CGI budget in trying to disguise the fact that he's not so little any more.

Netflix also announced that it's entered into a multi-year deal with Estrin to produce more shows exclusively for the streaming network.

"So while this chapter of 'Lost in Space' is coming to a rousing conclusion," Estrin said in the statement, "I'm excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead."

Let's hope his next projects are also sci-fi.

The "Lost in Space" cast includes Molly Parker (Maureen Robinson), Toby Stephens (John Robinson), Maxwell Jenkins (Will Robinson), Taylor Russell (Judy Robinson) Mina Sundwall (Penny Robinson), Ignacio Serricchio (Don West) and Parker Posey as Dr. Smith.

Seasons 1 and 2 of "Lost in Space" are currently available on Netflix and Season 3 is expected sometime in 2021.

"Lost in Space" is only available on the subscription service Netflix. Subscriptions start at $8.99 a month.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Living room concert with Elton John on Fox tv on Sunday night. There is a nice lineup of artists for the most part (Backstreet Boys are there LOL).
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I am partway through the 2nd season of Lost in Space. I really like it but it is a little over dramatic at times. I also really liked the original Dr. Smith character much more.
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Finally finished Lost in Space season 2. I had been watching it on & off since it dropped instead of a binge. I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first season. Not the greatest show out there, but still pretty good and an easy watch. Too bad it ends with season 3. Seems like there is a lot of story they could tell.
Post 655 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
For anyone interested in the more intriguing backstage world of pro wrestling, Vice started the second season of Dark Side of the Ring with a look at the infamous Chris Benoit double murder-suicide from 2007. It was a phenomenal look at Benoit, with great insights from Benoit's family, Chris Jericho, and Chavo Guerrero Jr. I haven't really watched wrestling since 2005 or so, but I've been fascinated with the behind the scenes of it, and just how shady the business can be.

Post 656 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

I am going to have to eventually watch this. Going to have to track down season 1.

I finished Titans season 2. Pretty good. Still has a couple issues but overall I like mature themed super hero shows.

Altered Carbon season 2 was pretty crappy. Big drop from season 1.
Post 657 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
just finished up Season 1 of Picard. I though the final episode was great. I was crying like a baby.

They also tied up some lose ends from Nemesis which was nice. Seeing Seven of Nine take control of the Borg cube was a sight to see!
Post 658 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Living room concert with Elton John on Fox tv on Sunday night. There is a nice lineup of artists for the most part (Backstreet Boys are there LOL).

Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters has been added.
Post 659 IP   flag post
If your interested in the paranormal at all, I think this is going to be a must see series. It starts in about an hour and a half on History channel.

The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch
Post 660 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

I think I will give it a watch
Post 661 IP   flag post
A few things going on this weekend.

Shark Week in a weekend on Discovery Sat and Sun. All Sharknado movies on SyFy on Sun.

A crowdless WrestleMania on Sat and Sun evenings.
Post 662 IP   flag post
I love mindlessly watching the Sharknado flix. I treat it like I'm watching the Superbowl. Beer, dips, chips and chicken wings!

@Jesse_O Have you seen Zombie Tidal Wave? Same silly stuff

Post 663 IP   flag post
@OGJackster no, I have not seen Tidal Wave Zombies. Quite honestly, I don't care for the Sharknado films either. But if WrestleMania is a bust on Saturday, I might just decide to veg and watch them on Sunday.

I canceled my WWE Network subscription because Raw and Smackdown just aren't keeping my interest and I just have the network for PPVs. I try to watch Raw and Smackdown out of some weird sense of loyalty, but it's just too lame without some kind of crowd noise. I really hope WWE survives through this.

But on another note, I finished Picard on CBS All Access. They have a free month promotion. I'm glad I did. The series takes a bit to get going, and the last episode is predictable to any Star Trek fan, but overall it was good!! I hope they do a second season, because they certainly set up a great storyline for many seasons to come. And that last episode, even though it was predictable, was a great ending!!!!
Post 664 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I just finished up Picard yesterday. Yes, they will do another season, Whoopie was asked to come back to play Guinan.

I'm now on episode 2 of Watchmen (love it!)
After that, I'll watch either Teen Titans season 2, Locke and Key, Westworld or Ray Donovan. I haven't decided yet.
Post 665 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Thanks for that!! Now that you posted it, I remember seeing that about Whoopie. That was the one role that she played that I LOVED her doing. Mind you, she has done some great roles, but she was perfect for Guinan!!
Post 666 IP   flag post
Meet STARGIRL's JUSTICE SOCIETY & Villains
By George Marston, Newsarama Contributor
March 31, 2020 10:20am ET

DC Universe has unveiled the full cast of its upcoming Stargirl series, which features classic members of the Justice Society such as Wildcat, Dr. Mid-Nite, and Hourman, as well as villains such as Tigress, Sportsmaster, Dragon King, Brainwave, and Icicle.

The show follows Courtney Whitmore as she discovers her legacy as a superhero among her step-father's old allies in the Justice Society. Stargirl creator Geoff Johns, who based Courtney Whitmore on his late sister, penned a heartfelt letter to set the stage for the show.

The announcement came with a poster showing off the heroes and villains, seen here.

Here's the full cast:

Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl - Brec Bassinger (“School of Rock,” “The Goldbergs”)
Pat Dugan/S.T.R.I.P.E - Luke Wilson (“Old School,” “Idiocracy”)
Yolanda Montez/Wildcat - Yvette Monreal (“Matador,” “Faking It”)
Barbara Whitmore - Amy Smart (“Just Friends,” “Varsity Blues”)
Sylvester Pemberton/Starman - Joel McHale (“Community,” “Ted”)
Beth Chapel/Dr. Mid-Nite - Anjelika Washington (“Tall Girl,” “Young Sheldon”)
Rick Tyler/Hourman - Cameron Gellman (“Heathers,” “20th Century Women”)
Ms. Brooks/Tigress - Joy Osmanski (“Santa Clarita Diet,” “Dead Night”)
Dr. Henry King/Brainwave - Christopher James Baker (“True Detective,” “Ozark”)
Jordan Mahkent/Icicle - Neil Jackson (“Welcome to Marwen,” “Absentia”)
Dr. Ito/Dragon King - Nelson Lee (“Blade: The Series,” “Mulan (2006)”)
Crock/Sportsmaster - Neil Hopkins (“Lost,” “The Good Wife”)

Stargirl premieres May 18 on DC Universe, with the premiere airing May 19 on CW. Subsequent episodes will be released to DCU a day ahead of when they air on CW. clickable text
Post 667 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon Prime is working out well in current times. For about $15 per month it includes the streaming service plus free shipping on Amazon.com orders.

Anyone else watching the recently released "Tales from the Loop"? The show was inspired by the sci-fi work of this artist: https://www.simonstalenhag.se/
Post 668 IP   flag post
Tuesday night aired the series finale of Schitt's Creek. A Canadian sit-com that aired on Pop network. The first 5 seasons are available on Netflix. It stars Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. (If you don't know who they are, first, shame on you and second, go watch Best in Show right now!) But the star of the show might be Daniel Levy, who is Eugene Levy's son, both in real life and on the show. He's terrific. Chris Elliott is also very funny in the show. I admittedly came late the show, but I'm glad I found it.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar sshhhhhhh.....what happens in Canada stays in Canada
Post 670 IP   flag post
clickable text

Syfy to run Battlestar Galactica and Xena full-series marathons
Tricia Helfer and Lucy Lawless will host the presentations.
By James Hibberd April 07, 2020 at 03:43 PM EDT

What's next for your self-isolation viewing? How about every episode of Battlestar Galactica and Xena: Warrior Princess?
Syfy is airing marathons of both series this month, hosted by stars Tricia Helfer (BSG) and Lucy Lawless (Xena).
Xena is up first, with Syfy airing the show for the first time. All six seasons (134 episodes) will air every Thursday morning and afternoon starting April 16.
Meanwhile, BSG (the 2004 good one, not the 1978 one) will air its two-part miniseries kick-off and all four seasons of the Syfy series (76 episodes and the TV movies Razor and The Plan) in a non-stop three-day marathon starting Monday, April 20, at midnight and running until Thursday morning.
Both shows are also available to stream on Syfy.com and NBCU's OneApp.
Post 671 IP   flag post
I'm LOVIN' METV!!!

Tonight's line-up...

Post 672 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster -

Lost in Space (original), Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, and the Time Tunnel! It’s like being a little kid again.

Now we need the Munsters, My Favorite Martian, Sea Hunt, Dennis the Menace, the Addams Family, My Mother the Car, and a bunch more - the 60’s are back!
Post 673 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
It’s like being a little kid again.

...in a candy shop!
Post 674 IP   flag post
Killing Eve Season 3 premieres tonight. Season 1 was better than season 2. Not sure if it is anywhere on streaming if you missed the first two seasons.
Post 675 IP   flag post
Jane Goodall: The Hope is on Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild on Wednesday night, which is also Earth Day.

The Grammys are doing a tribute to Prince on Tuesday night on CBS.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I ah...I've gone retro and have obtained audio dramas!!! like they used to play on the radio!!!
I have some Dr. Who, some Shadow...looking for others!!
Post 677 IP   flag post
@KatKomics when I was a kid, my brother and I got several radio shows on tape. We had Green Hornet, Lone Ranger and I believe Sherlock Holmes. We spent a summer listening to them at our lake cabin when the weather made tv reception impossible (and it didn't take much). Good times!!!
Post 678 IP   flag post
Some of my favorites!

Post 679 IP   flag post

Post 680 IP   flag post
601466 999 30