Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone recommend any sci-fi show currently doctor who is just done for me can't deal with chibnall
Post 626 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched the first episode of "Hunters" on Amazon Prime. WOW!! I'm definitely going to watch the rest!
Post 627 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just watched the first episode of "Hunters" on Amazon Prime. WOW!! I'm definitely going to watch the rest!

Great show! on episode 4!
Post 628 IP   flag post
@GAC Best line of episode 1: "In a world of diarrhea and constipation, it's okay to be a normal piece of shit sometimes." - Al Pacino.

I had to pause and skip back to make sure I had heard that right. LOL
Post 629 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Kent
Anyone recommend any sci-fi show currently doctor who is just done for me can't deal with chibnall

The Twelve Monkeys TV show lasted about three seasons.

Great sci fi there.
Post 630 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Ha!! I'm going to have find that! hilarious!
Post 631 IP   flag post
@GAC it's when Pacino is talking to the young guy on the steps after the wake/funeral.
Post 632 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Awesome! Thanks! I'll check that part out again. Thanks!
Post 633 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Ok will check it out thanks
Post 634 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I'm getting towards the end. Got bogged down a bit and instead watched a pretty fun documentary "The Lost Arcade" about the last video arcade in NYC.
Post 635 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lucifer star tom Ellis signs on for season 6

https://www.google.com/amp/s/netflixlife.com/2020/03/04/lucifer-season-6-tom-ellis-return-netflix/amp/
Post 636 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Awesome!
Post 637 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

https://www.google.com/amp/s/netflixlife.com/2020/03/04/lucifer-season-6-tom-ellis-return-netflix/amp/

Never heard of it.
Post 638 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Never heard of it.

Not surprised. Nobody watches it. =)
Post 639 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody watched Freaks on Netflix? Stayed up late last night to finish it. Super-powered non-heroes living in hiding from society hunting them. Pays of really nicely in the last 30 minutes. I don't know if it's a Netflix original, definitely worth watching I thought.
Post 640 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I'm enjoying the latest Dr who.
Against the norm yes
But I'm a old who fan from 1977 🤪
Post 641 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I'm enjoying the latest Dr who.
Against the norm yes
But I'm a old who fan from 1977 🤪

I actually don't mind the actress playing Doctor Who. What I do mind is the writing. If I wanted to be preached to, I would go to church. If I wanted to be talked down to, I would go to the cgc boards.
Post 642 IP   flag post
SyFy has cancelled The Magicians. I am gutted.
Post 643 IP   flag post
Enjoying an oldie but a goodie on Retro TV

Post 644 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Enjoying an oldie but a goodie on Retro TV

This was after that 'V'...that show scared the hell out of me as a kid. I was I guess 10 and when they would like peel back their faces and eat mice or the skin would peel back to show reptile skin!!!!

Oh man!! why am I typing this??? Gonna have nightmares!!!!

Anyway...Alien Nation wasn't as creepy as 'V' but I think I was scarred by that point and didn't really watch it much!!!
Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Anybody watched Freaks on Netflix? Stayed up late last night to finish it. Super-powered non-heroes living in hiding from society hunting them. Pays of really nicely in the last 30 minutes. I don't know if it's a Netflix original, definitely worth watching I thought.
planning to watch this later tonight based on your endorsement...it isn't an original as far as I know ...Walmart has it on DVD which implies its a studio production
Post 646 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
SyFy has cancelled The Magicians. I am gutted.

Very disappointed. One of the few basic cable shows I enjoy. However, five years is a pretty good run these days. Many quality shows don't even get that many. I just hope that they are able to wrap up some of the plot lines in these last few episodes.
Post 647 IP   flag post
Netflix renews Lost in Space for a third and final season
clickable text

Post 648 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
‘Falcon and Winter Soldier’ Filming in Prague Halted Over Coronavirus Concerns
clickable text

Post 649 IP   flag post
It seems like a good time for some of these movies.

Top 500 Dystopian movies of the Sci-fi world
clickable text

Some absolute classics in this list. #11 looks interesting. Orson Welles was way before his time.

I was trying to remember, there was a show or movie set in the future post-apocalyptic setting where there was no human contact due to disease, or whatever, and all relationships were by video. Sound familiar to anyone?
Post 650 IP   flag post
Lucifer season 5 theories: Major comic-book character to debut as fans spot easter egg
clickable text

Post 651 IP   flag post
'Lost In Space' will return for season 3 on Netflix
By Scott Snowden a day ago

But it will be the last season.
clickable text

If you haven't watched Netflix's "Lost in Space," then go and do so this instant. Put down your oat milk latte, forget about that PowerPoint presentation and log on to Netflix. You'll thank us.

"Lost in Space" is a reimagining of the 1965 pioneering sci-fi series of the same name that premiered on black-and-white TV screens across America. That show came from the imagination of Irwin Allen and showrunner Zack Estrin has done to this what Ron D. Moore did to Glen A. Larson's 1978 "Battlestar Galactica." It's been updated, reimagined, regendered, tweaked and fine-tuned and the end result has been one of the sci-fi shows on TV recently.

Netflix confirmed in a statement this month that the show had been renewed for its third and final season.

Estrin said in the statement: "From the beginning, we've always viewed this particular story of the Robinsons as a trilogy. A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end."

And given how fast little Will Robinson (Maxwell Jenkins) is growing up, continuing beyond this would probably double the CGI budget in trying to disguise the fact that he's not so little any more.

Netflix also announced that it's entered into a multi-year deal with Estrin to produce more shows exclusively for the streaming network.

"So while this chapter of 'Lost in Space' is coming to a rousing conclusion," Estrin said in the statement, "I'm excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead."

Let's hope his next projects are also sci-fi.

The "Lost in Space" cast includes Molly Parker (Maureen Robinson), Toby Stephens (John Robinson), Maxwell Jenkins (Will Robinson), Taylor Russell (Judy Robinson) Mina Sundwall (Penny Robinson), Ignacio Serricchio (Don West) and Parker Posey as Dr. Smith.

Seasons 1 and 2 of "Lost in Space" are currently available on Netflix and Season 3 is expected sometime in 2021.

"Lost in Space" is only available on the subscription service Netflix. Subscriptions start at $8.99 a month.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Living room concert with Elton John on Fox tv on Sunday night. There is a nice lineup of artists for the most part (Backstreet Boys are there LOL).
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I am partway through the 2nd season of Lost in Space. I really like it but it is a little over dramatic at times. I also really liked the original Dr. Smith character much more.
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Finally finished Lost in Space season 2. I had been watching it on & off since it dropped instead of a binge. I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first season. Not the greatest show out there, but still pretty good and an easy watch. Too bad it ends with season 3. Seems like there is a lot of story they could tell.
Post 655 IP   flag post
601455 999 30