Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I need some help here. I have been racking my brain and I can't figure it out.

When my wife and I first watched Mandalorean, she instantly looked at me and chuckled when Kuiil uttered "I have spoken". You see, that is a term I have used with her for many of the 2 1/2 decades. Obviously, they stole my line. Seriously, though. Where did i get that line?
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
family guy
Post 602 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Where did i get that line?

It does sound very familiar but I just can't place it. It sounds like something Ming the Merciless or some dick-tater or movie baddie would say. Maybe even Kramer from Seinfeld LOL!

Post 603 IP   flag post
New 'Star Trek' series 'Section 31' to start filming when 'Discovery' season 3 wraps

clickable text

Post 604 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just into episode 2 of Picard....I work in the wine industry...when he says the grapes are a month from harvest he is lying...just look at those vines!!
Post 605 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Oh my

What is this? Some sort of BDSM novel?

No, it is only based upon the best comic book series of all time.

Locke & Key Series
Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
Locke & Key tells the story of the Locke siblings, Tyler, Kinsey, and little Bode, who, along with their mother, return to their ancestral home of Keyhouse following their father’s gruesome murder. Keyhouse is a place of both wonder and fear, filled with dark doors and the magic keys that open them, and also home to a malicious presence that will stop at nothing in it’s quest for the Omega Key and the unspeakable prize it unlocks.

Me and the wife have been watching a few episodes of this for the last few evenings. I had not read the comics, and I didn’t have high expectations. So far, I have to say it’s pretty decent, and far better than I expected. Sometimes I do get a “Harry Potter deja vu” feeling, but overall not bad.
Post 606 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
family guy

Not it, was saying it before Family Guy.
Post 607 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Where did i get that line?

It does sound very familiar but I just can't place it. It sounds like something Ming the Merciless or some dick-tater or movie baddie would say. Maybe even Kramer from Seinfeld LOL!

But for the fact that I never watched Seinfeld and as with family guy, was saying it before the series aired. Damn, where did I get it from?
Post 608 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So I just finished watching the Locke & Key Series on Netflix. Overall, not bad at all. Some predictable situations and absurd events, and they over-explain the twists at the end of the finale, but I liked it. The ending leaves everything in place and set-up for a second season. Hopefully they can get a bigger budget for special effects (some may remind you of a low budget Scy-Fy Channel movie)and maybe get a little darker. Like I said earlier, I have not read any of the books, and didn't watch with any high expectations. Maybe that was the Key? (See what I did there?)

PS - What did you think about it, Corey?
Post 609 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Altered Carbon Season 2 trailer. Streaming on Netflix on February 27. I enjoyed season 1 and will be watching this.
Post 610 IP   flag post
@Lonestar Looks good!
Post 611 IP   flag post
Westworld season 3 premieres March 15 at 9:00 p.m. on HBO.

Post 612 IP   flag post
Season 1 of The Walking Dead: World Beyond premieres April 12 on AMC

Post 613 IP   flag post
The Universe is expanding. Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki are coming soon to Disney+.

Post 614 IP   flag post
Summer 2020 on Amazon Prime Video

Post 615 IP   flag post
The Orville season 3

It brings me a supreme amount of joy to write that it has been confirmed by creator Seth MacFarlane himself that The Orville will be returning late this year. Speaking at San Diego Comic-Con last July, MacFarlane also dropped one other piece of huge news: The Orville is moving to Hulu.

While it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise — after all, everybody is moving to streaming, and this seems like the year it’s really happening — it still might be a little awkward for viewers who were accustomed to watching The Orville on their regular TV…

Who am I kidding here? That ship has sailed! The big question is, is The Orville popular enough that it will draw people to Hulu? For this one, I’m going to say the answer is undoubtedly yes.

In case you’re unfamiliar with MacFarlane’s space comedy, The Orville is a spoof of Star Trek…and it is glorious. There are tons of jokes, but also some surprisingly thought-provoking and relevant episodes as well — which feels very in line with the old Trek that Orville seeks to honor.

We’ve still got a while to wait before season 3 of The Orville, but at the very least, we know that it’s coming this year!
Post 616 IP   flag post
Space Force is a Netflix show coming out later this year starring Steve Carrell, and it’s an interesting one. Using Donald Trump’s real world announcement that he wanted to create a Space Force branch of the military as its launching point, this show is a comedic take on the inevitable question of what exactly that job would entail.

Space Force marks the reunion of Carell and Office collaborator Greg Daniels, which means exactly what you think it does. This is a workplace comedy all the way.

It’s already been announced that John Malkovich and Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) are part of the cast as well. And filming has already started as of last October!

While we don’t have a date yet for Space Force, a 2020 release seems more than possible.

Post 617 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Loved Season 1 of The Boys. Looking forward t more of it.
Post 618 IP   flag post

Stranger Things Season 4 teaser.
Post 619 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I must have missed this episode of Riverdale:

Post 620 IP   flag post
New WESTWORLD Season 3 Trailer

Post 621 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
This isn't comic, sci-fi or related to to anything like that, but I've been watching a show called Mafia's Greatest Hits. It airs on AHC, but I'm sure it streams as well. Anyways, each episode covers a prominent figure in the America mafia. So, some of the impressive episodes I have seen have been on Vito Genovese, Santo Trafficante Jr, Albert Anastasia, Roy DeMeo, and Joe Valachi. Some of these you watch and think there's no way this can be real. Real life can be more interesting than the fiction sometimes. If any of you are into history or real life crime stories, I'd recommend it.
Post 622 IP   flag post
Crime drama and CSI investigation type shows are all my wife watches. She could kill me 10 times over and get away with it LOL! Kidding/not kidding
Post 623 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Premieres March 18th on Freeform. I'm definitely interested!!!

Post 624 IP   flag post
Any reviews on War of the Worlds on Epix? It premiered on Sunday, February 16, 2020. I haven't watched any just yet, my DVR is recording them for me.

Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone recommend any sci-fi show currently doctor who is just done for me can't deal with chibnall
Post 626 IP   flag post
Just watched the first episode of "Hunters" on Amazon Prime. WOW!! I'm definitely going to watch the rest!
Post 627 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just watched the first episode of "Hunters" on Amazon Prime. WOW!! I'm definitely going to watch the rest!

Great show! on episode 4!
Post 628 IP   flag post
@GAC Best line of episode 1: "In a world of diarrhea and constipation, it's okay to be a normal piece of shit sometimes." - Al Pacino.

I had to pause and skip back to make sure I had heard that right. LOL
Post 629 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Kent
Anyone recommend any sci-fi show currently doctor who is just done for me can't deal with chibnall

The Twelve Monkeys TV show lasted about three seasons.

Great sci fi there.
Post 630 IP   flag post
597882 999 30