Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
American Horror Story: 1984 starts tonight!!! I'm not expecting much honestly. I'll probably tivo it and watch later, but I'm hoping it will be a great one. IMO, AHS has had some hits and some flops. I'm hoping for a hit this time, but I'm not confident. LOL
Post 451 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, Anyone else see Brightburn? I was really surprised at how much I liked it!
Post 452 IP   flag post
Tom Welling to reprise Smallville role for Arrowverse's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover

By Chancellor Agard September 19, 2019 at 01:00 PM EDT
Somebody save us from the biggest “Crisis on Infinite Earths” news that has just come in…
EW has learned that Tom Welling will guest-star in The CW’s upcoming Arrowverse crossover “Crisis on Infinite Earths” reprising his Smallville role of Clark Kent — because there’s no such thing as having too many Supermen in a massive superhero event (For those at home keeping count, the crossover will now feature three different actors as the Man of Steel). Details are scarce about how Welling’s Kent figures into the crossover; however, we do know that we’ll indeed find out what he’s been up to in the eight years since Smallville ended.
“For eight years, Arrow has stood on the shoulders of Smallville. Simply put, there would be no Arrow, and no Arrowverse, without it,” crossover executive producer Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. “So when we first started talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths, our first, second and third priorities were getting Tom to reprise his iconic role as Clark Kent. To say that we’re thrilled would be a Superman-sized understatement.”
As mentioned above, Welling isn’t the only actor appearing as the big blue boy scout in the five-hour crossover, which includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman. Tyler Hoechlin will reprise his role as the Arrowverse’s Superman, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow‘s Brandon Routh, who famously played the hero in Superman Returns, will appear as another version of Superman and wear a costume inspired by Alex Ross’ Kingdom Come design.
For 10 seasons, Welling played a young Clark Kent on Smallville, which tracked the Kryptonian’s journey from small-town high school hero to a superhero living in Metropolis — all while avoiding any flights and/or tights. In the series finale, Clark finally donned the cape and tights and took flight to defeat Darkseid and his Apokolips minions, the final season’s big bad (Following the show’s conclusion, a comic book series was released that chronicled this version of Clark’s time as Superman).
“We jumped onto this idea that at the end of the show, the idea is that Clark becomes Superman and he’s out there, and we know he’s out there, but we can’t go with him, but that we know and we feel good that he’s out there doing good,” Welling told EW about the finale in 2017. “That was what we strove for, and I think we hit it. I liked the ending of the series, because it’s like, ‘Yes, he did it!’ I hope the audience didn’t feel like we didn’t show them something that they needed to see. I felt like we gave them the jumping off point for their imagination as to what could happen.”
Since Smallville ended, Welling has also appeared in Parkland, Draft Day, and on Lucifer.
“Crisis on Infinite Earths” kicks off with Supergirl on Sunday, Dec. 8, followed by Batwoman on Monday, Dec. 9 and The Flash on Tuesday, Dec. 10. After the winter hiatus, the crossover resumes on Tuesday, Jan. 14 with Arrow at 8 p.m. and concludes with Legends of Tomorrow at 9 p.m.
clickable text
Post 453 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

I've watched the first episode and half of the second. Been DVRing it, so I'll be watching the rest when I have time. Not a big country music fan, but I've found this incredibly interesting and informative. If you like music, even if you aren't necessarily a country music fan, then I still think you'll enjoy this.
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Loved Season 1 of the Arthdal Chronicles on Netflix. Sure, it's Korean and you have to read the subtitles (I close caption everything anyways), but the story is very good.

Every episode ends in a cliff hanger to keep you hooked.

Post 455 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Watched the first episode of Stumptown.

Looks like its off to a good start.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Watched the first episode of Stumptown.

Looks like its off to a good start.

So....i should dig out my comics?? Only have first 3...must have lost me. Strange cause i usually like Ruka
Post 457 IP   flag post
Sumptown looks like a winner. Good cast too!
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Sumptown looks like a winner. Good cast too!
Solid first episode, at least for network TV. I though Jake Johnson was under-used in it though. I'll keep watching.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Ok - this next Friday, the 4th, Travel Channel is doing a four hour LIVE investigation of Salem, Mass.!!!!

You can follow along by watching the cameras through Facebook Live. If you see anything, you can tweet it to them. Here is a blurb from the article:

"In the four-hour live event Haunted Salem: Live, hosts from four of Travel Channel’s supernatural series − Portals to Hell, Kindred Spirits, Ghost Brothers: Haunted Houseguests and The Holzer Files – come together to form a dream-team of supernatural sleuths. Together, the team will put their collective talents to work endeavoring to unravel the mysteries and unearth the roots of evil in what is reputed to be one of the world’s most haunted towns.

The special event, premiering Friday, October 4 at 8|7c, will be broadcast at the same time in east and west time zones, and exclusive behind the scene investigations will be streamed live on Travel Channel’s Facebook page. Six live on-location video feeds will run on Travel Channel’s Facebook Live feed. Eagle-eyed viewers can comment on any findings and activity they spot in real time, participating in the hunt and helping direct the team where to investigate next, along with digital host James B. McDaniel. Fans can join the investigation on Twitter using #HauntedSalemLive, where Travel Channel will be live-tweeting all of the action and showcasing fan tweets on live TV!"

Please note: I will probably not be around here during that time!!! LOL!!!

Post 460 IP   flag post
Not quite Live PD but, I may have to watch it
Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they'll find Bigfoot, too.
Post 462 IP   flag post
clickable text

Stranger Things Officially Lands Fourth Season in Massive Duffer Bros. Deal

"The Duffer Brothers have captivated viewers around the world with Stranger Things and we’re thrilled to expand our relationship with them to bring their vivid imaginations to other film and series projects our members will love," declared Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "We can’t wait to see what the Duffer Brothers have in store when they step outside the world of the Upside Down.”

The announcement comes just hours after a cryptic teaser posted on Stranger Things' official social media account, hinting that the supernatural horror series would be returning for a fourth season, though a premiere date has yet to be announced.

A reported 40.7 million households have streamed Season 3 of Stranger Things since its premiere this past July, with the acclaimed series earning 18 Emmy Award nominations and winning five for its first two seasons, in addition to lucrative merchandising and licensing deals.
Post 463 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar

I've watched the first episode and half of the second. Been DVRing it, so I'll be watching the rest when I have time. Not a big country music fan, but I've found this incredibly interesting and informative. If you like music, even if you aren't necessarily a country music fan, then I still think you'll enjoy this.

I am a passing fan of country music and I find it fascinating. Ken Burns really nailed it although I hear he glosses over some folks that could have used more spotlight. I am 2 eps in so we shall see.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Well, last night I watched Haunted Salem Live instead of the premiere of SmackDown Live. Haunted Salem was a four hour Live show that followed three teams of paranormal investigators as they investigated three haunted locations in Salem. They had over a million viewers and at one point it was the second trending subject worldwide behind Smackdown live. They had four live feed cameras that you could watch on the Travel Channels Facebook Live video feed.

Overall, it was ok. I watched all four hours of it. But it had problems. The first hour was spent talking about Salem, the witch trials and the locations. Plus, they way overhyped the shows that the three teams and guest commentator were from (Kindred Spirits, Ghost Brothers, Portals to Hell and The Holzer Files).

The Facebook Live cameras kept going out. There were four cameras and they did a good job of switching them up, but I'd say they crashed about every 20 minutes for a minute or two each time.

They had too many people involved. Besides the teams, they had mediums and local guests. There were usually a dozen to fifteen people investigating split up into three groups. They should have had one or two teams plus the mediums and local guests. You would just be getting into what one group was doing and they would switch to another group. By the time they got back to the first group, they had moved on to doing something new.

I did enjoy the intention ritual that they did. That was interesting. They had a witch cast a witches circle and then they drew a sigil on a poster and asked everyone to concentrate on it or even draw one yourself. Then they opened the witches circle and began investigating. They left the sigil open and active for the investigation.

They closed out the night with all three groups doing seances at their respective locations. That got interesting. Some of the other things they had were: an ouija board, a dybbuk box, a medium who did automatic writing plus all the usual paranormal investigating tools (REM pod, recorder, IR cameras, EMF detector, spirit box, etc).

Like I said, overall, I enjoyed it, but it was ultimately too busy. In the past, they have done one to two hour live investigations with one group and guests. Those shows were much more enjoyable as you could follow along and understand better what was going on. I'm hoping they do an aftershow where they review all the evidence they captured. There was a ton of stuff going on and they could probably get enough for a short series (6-8 hours).

I'll leave you with a couple pictures that I captured off my computer of the Facebook Live stream. You can see the sigil in one of the cameras. The second one has the teams in the cameras plus the Facebook Live commentator - the red headed guy.

Post 465 IP   flag post
Looks like Batwoman started last night. Reviews looking less than stellar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8712204/
Post 466 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito

Well, I was told I wasn't the target demographic so I didn't bother to watch it. Sounds like I made the right decision.
Post 467 IP   flag post
I usually don't pay any attention to recent SNL skits but this was pretty good...

Post 468 IP   flag post
@the420bandito LOL, that was awesome!
Post 469 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I usually don't pay any attention to recent SNL skits but this was pretty good...

I would probably pay money to see this, sadly.
Post 470 IP   flag post
So glad to see Eddie Murphy back in a movie. I actually laughed out loud at this trailer. I hope the movie is just as good.

Post 471 IP   flag post
Vikings Season 6 starts December 4th!!! I need to catch up. I watched seasons 1,2 and 3. Caught most of Season 4. Season 5 was hit and miss.

Post 472 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Vikings Season 6 starts December 4th!!! I need to catch up. I watched seasons 1,2 and 3. Caught most of Season 4. Season 5 was hit and miss.

Great program still catching up on second half of season 5
Post 473 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Well done, the more Sesame Street characters the better.

They should have squeezed Grover and Mr Hooper in there somewhere but otherwise they got most of the major ones.
Post 474 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Grover is at the very beginning. It's on the guy's name tag.
Post 475 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Grover is at the very beginning. It's on the guy's name tag.

Missed that one.
Post 476 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O 6 will be the last

History has cancelled Vikings with the upcoming sixth season to be the show's last, slated to premiere December 4, 2019

Post 477 IP   flag post
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Season 4 Premiere Date — November 5, 2019

Post 478 IP   flag post
Rick and Morty Season 4 Premiere Date — November 10, 2019

Post 479 IP   flag post
Ok - if everything goes as planned, I'm going to cut my cable off next month. I bought a Roku box for my bedroom tv to try out. I like it. I think if I go with Hulu to get the streaming channels that I want, I'll be quite satisfied and knock off close to $100 off my bills. I'm also looking at getting Disney Plus which starts up in November. For $7 a month, there is quite a bit of great content, including all the Marvel and Star Wars movies!!! I'm mostly amazed at the tv shows!!! All of the cool shows are going to be on there!!

Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
DuckTales (1987)
DuckTales (2017)
Fantastic Four (1994)
Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes
Gargoyles
Goof Troop
Hercules
Iron Man (1994)
Iron Man: Armored Adventures
Kim Possible
Silver Surfer (1998)
Spider-Man (1981)
Spider-Man (1994)
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
Spider-Man Unlimited
Spider-Woman (1979)
Talespin
The Incredible Hulk
The Muppets
The Simpsons
Wolverine and the X-Men
X-Men (1992)

Does anyone have any suggestions for free channels to sign up for?
Post 480 IP   flag post
601366 999 30