Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Season 2 of Lodge 49 started this week. I loved season 1 and am looking forward to season 2. Don't think I could explain what the show is or is about. Offbeat and very quirky. Not even worried about them explaining things or it getting wrapped up coherently. I'm just along for the ride. If you want something different, give it a try.
Post 426 IP   flag post

Season 2 of Mindhunter dropped on Friday on Netflix. It picks up where season 1 leaves off. Fictionalized drama of the beginnings of the BSU at the FBI.
Post 427 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
The Boys ended in a “wtf” moment.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Looks the Krypton Cancelled on Syfy. Also, Syfy is NOT going to do Lobo. Both will probably end up streaming.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Thanks, I hadn't heard. Why do they always cancel the shows I watch? Maybe DCU will start producing it along with Lobo. I was king of wondering why it was on SyFy in the first place. I would think DCU would be collecting all of their shows so they could glam-up their pay service.

AUGUST 16, 2019 1:00pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
clickable text

Superman Prequel 'Krypton' Canceled at Syfy
clickable text
Additionally, the 'Lobo' spinoff will not move forward at the cable network, though producers Warner Horizon will shop the pilot elsewhere.
Krypton will not live to see another day.

Syfy has opted to cancel the drama, which told the story of Superman's grandfather, after two seasons. The decision arrives mere days after the David Goyer-produced drama starring Cameron Cuffe wrapped its sophomore frame.

The drama, which was produced by an outside studio — Warner Horizon — was unable to cut through and find an audience. Wednesday's finale drew just 350,000 same-day viewers, with season two averaging a total of only 408,000. That's down considerably from the 1.8 million viewers (with three days of DVR) from season one.

Syfy renewed the series for a second season in May 2018 after Krypton ranked as the Chris McCumber-led network's best series premiere in more than three years and its most-watched debut series in four. Season one of Krypton is streaming on DC Universe, with the sophomore season expected to join the Warners-backed platform in 2020.

Additionally, the DC Entertainment-produced spinoff Lobo has also been passed over at Syfy. Producers Warner Horizon will shop the project about the comic book character — played by Emmett J. Scanlan — to other outlets. Lobo was introduced and Scanlan recurred during season two of Krypton. The spinoff is overseen by Krypton showrunner Cameron Welsh.

Krypton is the latest series to get the ax at Syfy, which also recently canceled Deadly Class and Happy after one and two seasons, respectively.

Syfy's scripted roster now consists of The Magicians, acquisitions Wynonna Earp and Van Helsing, The Purge (which also airs on cable sibling USA Network) and the upcoming Resident Alien. The latter is awaiting a premiere date on the NBCUniversal-owned cabler.

On the development side, Syfy's pipeline includes pilots Cipher and (Future) Cult Classic and a script order for a Chucky update.
Post 430 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Today on A&E - Ghost Hunters reruns all day with the new series starting tonight!!!!
Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator bummer I liked Krypton 😮
Post 432 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Moon Knight and She-Hulk
Post 433 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The reason the first season of Krypton did so well was because it had The Magicians as a lead-in.
Post 434 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy

Figured all 3 of these would be announced. I thought Moon Knight would be a movie though. Too bad none of these help my investment portfolio ha. Moon Knight was already out of reach.
Post 435 IP   flag post
@moodswing I got mine about a month ago. Im glad I bought mine when I did.
Post 436 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Yep..moon knight out of reach now. Have she hulk 1 through 20 though. Maybe sell 2 through 20 when it launches??
Post 437 IP   flag post
@DrWatson I disagree. I liked The Magicians when it first started. Then it started with all of the weird sexual garbage and I lost interest. Krypton did well because of the production and storyline. There is talk that it may find a new home on Amazon. We'll see.
Post 438 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Yep..moon knight out of reach now. Have she hulk 1 through 20 though. Maybe sell 2 through 20 when it launches??

Probably not a bad idea.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@DrWatson I disagree. I liked The Magicians when it first started. Then it started with all of the weird sexual garbage and I lost interest. Krypton did well because of the production and storyline. There is talk that it may find a new home on Amazon. We'll see.

We totally disagree about Krypton. One of my pet peeves is sci-fi that has people flying around in high tech space ships, but everywhere they live and go looks like it was made in 100 BC. I call it "cheap" and too lazy to invest in a set. Someone on the show needs to install light fixtures because they walk around in the dark a lot.

I still can't get over them walking around in a forest in the beginning of Season 2. That's a new pet peeve. Sci-fi that has people wandering around on quests in forests. I don't know how writers can come up with so much drama in a Pacific northwest forest, but they do.
Post 440 IP   flag post
How sad

clickable text

Mythbusters' Jessi Combs dies in crash at 36 while attempting to break speed record

Post 441 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
How sad

clickable text

Mythbusters' Jessi Combs dies in crash at 36 while attempting to break speed record

very sad...rip.
Post 442 IP   flag post
I'm really loving the new Ghost Hunter series!!! Grant is great and I'm glad to see Kristen Luman on a regular show. The rest of the crew is unfamiliar to me, but they all seem to be pretty decent.
Post 443 IP   flag post
I tried watching a couple of episodes of it but I just couldn't get past the silliness of it. Glad you're enjoying it though!
Post 444 IP   flag post

Just finished watching Carnival Row. It's another good show that I enjoyed on Amazon Prime. Short season of only 8 episodes.
Post 445 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Ufff Carnival Row bored me to death. I got about 4 episodes in. Does it pick up?
Post 446 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Ufff Carnival Row bored me to death. I got about 4 episodes in. Does it pick up?
Carnival Row is certainly in the "slow TV" genre, so I don't know if you can ever say it "picks up". But I do think the story progresses more in the later episodes. There was a lot of "world building" in the early ones. probably not a show for everyone, but again, I enjoyed it.
Post 447 IP   flag post
So Grant got Ghost Hunters going again with a new crew and it appears that Jason, Steve and Tango started a new show called Ghost Nation!!! Ghost Nation will start airing on October 11th on the Travel channel. Honestly, I hope ONE of the paranormal shows will do a live show on Halloween!!! They have done this in the past and I enjoy the heck out of them!!! Last fall there was a show that was called "Haunted Live" where you could follow along on facebook live and ask questions. Other shows, you could actually pull up the camera feeds on your computer and watch them live. You could report anything you saw. I enjoy shows like that.
Post 448 IP   flag post
That does sound fun. Reminds me of all the late nights at work listening to Art Bell. I'd watch a Halloween special like that
Post 449 IP   flag post
Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail is rebooting Battlestar Galactica for NBCU's new streaming service
By Christian Holub September 17, 2019 at 11:44 AM EDT

clickable text

With Mr. Robot and Homecoming, producer Sam Esmail created two of the most original shows of the past few years. He introduced the world to eventual Best Actor winner Rami Malek, and successfully brought Julia Roberts to TV. For his next act, Esmail is going back to the future by producing a new Battlestar Galactica series for NBC’s new streaming service Peacock.
The new Battlestar Galactica was announced as part of the overall initial lineup for Peacock, but it was easy to lose track of amidst the Saved by the Bell reboot news and the general fact that pop culture obsessives now have yet another streaming service to keep track of if they want to keep watching shows like 30 Rock.
Esmail’s Battlestar Galactica will be the third series by that name. The first, created by Glen A. Larson in 1978, only lasted for one season. The more popular iteration came in 2004 from showrunner Ron Moore, and used its plotline of robotic Cylon saboteurs to parallel the then-incipient War on Terror. See below for some of EW’s recent reflections on that series and its lasting legacy.
In a tweet on Tuesday morning, Esmail clarified that his Battlestar Galactica “will NOT be a remake” of Moore’s show.
“Why mess with perfection?” Esmail wrote. “Instead, we’ll explore a new story within the mythology while staying true to the spirit of Battlestar.”

Peacock is set to launch in April 2020.
Post 450 IP   flag post
American Horror Story: 1984 starts tonight!!! I'm not expecting much honestly. I'll probably tivo it and watch later, but I'm hoping it will be a great one. IMO, AHS has had some hits and some flops. I'm hoping for a hit this time, but I'm not confident. LOL
Post 451 IP   flag post
BTW, Anyone else see Brightburn? I was really surprised at how much I liked it!
Post 452 IP   flag post
Tom Welling to reprise Smallville role for Arrowverse's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover

By Chancellor Agard September 19, 2019 at 01:00 PM EDT
Somebody save us from the biggest “Crisis on Infinite Earths” news that has just come in…
EW has learned that Tom Welling will guest-star in The CW’s upcoming Arrowverse crossover “Crisis on Infinite Earths” reprising his Smallville role of Clark Kent — because there’s no such thing as having too many Supermen in a massive superhero event (For those at home keeping count, the crossover will now feature three different actors as the Man of Steel). Details are scarce about how Welling’s Kent figures into the crossover; however, we do know that we’ll indeed find out what he’s been up to in the eight years since Smallville ended.
“For eight years, Arrow has stood on the shoulders of Smallville. Simply put, there would be no Arrow, and no Arrowverse, without it,” crossover executive producer Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. “So when we first started talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths, our first, second and third priorities were getting Tom to reprise his iconic role as Clark Kent. To say that we’re thrilled would be a Superman-sized understatement.”
As mentioned above, Welling isn’t the only actor appearing as the big blue boy scout in the five-hour crossover, which includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman. Tyler Hoechlin will reprise his role as the Arrowverse’s Superman, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow‘s Brandon Routh, who famously played the hero in Superman Returns, will appear as another version of Superman and wear a costume inspired by Alex Ross’ Kingdom Come design.
For 10 seasons, Welling played a young Clark Kent on Smallville, which tracked the Kryptonian’s journey from small-town high school hero to a superhero living in Metropolis — all while avoiding any flights and/or tights. In the series finale, Clark finally donned the cape and tights and took flight to defeat Darkseid and his Apokolips minions, the final season’s big bad (Following the show’s conclusion, a comic book series was released that chronicled this version of Clark’s time as Superman).
“We jumped onto this idea that at the end of the show, the idea is that Clark becomes Superman and he’s out there, and we know he’s out there, but we can’t go with him, but that we know and we feel good that he’s out there doing good,” Welling told EW about the finale in 2017. “That was what we strove for, and I think we hit it. I liked the ending of the series, because it’s like, ‘Yes, he did it!’ I hope the audience didn’t feel like we didn’t show them something that they needed to see. I felt like we gave them the jumping off point for their imagination as to what could happen.”
Since Smallville ended, Welling has also appeared in Parkland, Draft Day, and on Lucifer.
“Crisis on Infinite Earths” kicks off with Supergirl on Sunday, Dec. 8, followed by Batwoman on Monday, Dec. 9 and The Flash on Tuesday, Dec. 10. After the winter hiatus, the crossover resumes on Tuesday, Jan. 14 with Arrow at 8 p.m. and concludes with Legends of Tomorrow at 9 p.m.
clickable text
Post 453 IP   flag post

I've watched the first episode and half of the second. Been DVRing it, so I'll be watching the rest when I have time. Not a big country music fan, but I've found this incredibly interesting and informative. If you like music, even if you aren't necessarily a country music fan, then I still think you'll enjoy this.
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Loved Season 1 of the Arthdal Chronicles on Netflix. Sure, it's Korean and you have to read the subtitles (I close caption everything anyways), but the story is very good.

Every episode ends in a cliff hanger to keep you hooked.

Post 455 IP   flag post
601338 999 30