Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@OGJackster - So who would you pick to play Tommy Chong if they did a movie about those two?

Clearly Catman has the vibe

Nice, LOL!
Post 351 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I just caught episode 1 of Season 2 of Krypton. Lobo shows up in the very end scene and I'm LOVING it!!!
Post 352 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I finished Good Omens over the weekend. In one word: Brilliant!
It is on Amazon Prime. I got bored after 3 episodes of Jessica Jones season 3 so I started watching this and had to finish it in one go!

Neil Gaiman wrote it so it is equal parts quirky, crisp and diabolical. It tells the tale of an angel and a demon and the antichrist just before armageddon and all to the sound of Queen's Greatest Hits.

Look at this cast list:
David Tennant
Michael Sheen
Frances McDormand
Jon Hamm
Benedict Cumberbatch
David Morrissey
Brian Cox
Post 353 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics still not sure about Good Omens...the book was so great...might have to give it a try
Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
still not sure about Good Omens...the book was so great...might have to give it a try

As with everything, taste is subjective so YMMV but I would say at least try out the first episode to see if you enjoy it or not.
Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@JLS_Comics still not sure about Good Omens...the book was so great...might have to give it a try

I'm reading the book right now. I want to finish it before watching the show. Love the book so far.
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, I just caught episode 1 of Season 2 of Krypton. Lobo shows up in the very end scene and I'm LOVING it!!!

I thought he was rather wimpy looking.

I watched Season #1 Episode 1 and initially decided not to watch the show after that. The high tech mixed with low text sets is a pet annoyance for me. I don't understand why these people have space ships that fly, but choose to live in medieval architecture with stone walls and poor lighting.

When I saw Season #2 had started, I watched Episode 1 of that to give it a second chance. It didn't impress me either. Then it dawned upon me that superheroes end up wandering around in forests a lot on TV.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:

I'm reading the book right now. I want to finish it before watching the show. Love the book so far.

I mean Gaiman is ok and all...love his comics and other books...but i am a huge Terry Pratchett fan....his stuff is awesome....still have two books to read that came out just before he passed, almost feels like if i don't read them then i still have something of his i haven't read to look forward to...crazy yes!!
Post 358 IP   flag post
A few good things coming out.

Post 359 IP   flag post
Deadly Class is officially dead. No one is picking it up for a second season!!! If you don't like a show, let me know. I'll start watching it. I'll really get into it. It is a surefire way to get that show cancelled!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRRRR

comicbook.com article
Post 360 IP   flag post
Does anyone watch Live PD?
Post 361 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Does anyone watch Live PD?

On occasion I do. I used to watch it quite regularly, but then other shows popped up in those time slots that I wanted to watch more. I enjoy it, but I'm not an avid fan.
Post 362 IP   flag post
There’s a Chance We’ll Get a ‘Swamp Thing’ Movie!

Late horror legend Wes Craven directed the 1982 adaptation of Swamp Thing based on the Vertigo/DC Comics character of the same name created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. A sequel would be released in 1989.

30 years later, we’d get a new television series from DC, Warner Bros., and James Wan‘s Atomic Monster. Even with the near-full support of the comic/film/critic community, the show was canceled just a week into its first season. While we won’t get into the details of it all (just click the link for a recap), it left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths. Even with the season being released in full, it feels as if we’ve been robbed of Swamp Thing’s resurrection way too soon.

Thankfully, there’s chatter that this could flip into something positive – maybe even a full-length feature film based on the iconic DC character.

We Got This Covered is reporting that Warner Bros. may develop a Swamp Thing film. “The initial goodwill around the DC Universe series and the backlash against the cancellation seems to have inspired the studio to consider doing something with the character on the big screen.” They’ve been told that this wouldn’t be a continuation of the show, however, and would feature a whole new cast. They also note that producer James Wan would be involved.

Bloody Disgusting can confirm the validity of their report and the addition that it would be a horror movie, although it should be stressed that this report is astoundingly premature. As of this writing, it’s just internal chatter. With that said, there were creative differences behind the development of the DC Universe “Swamp Thing” series as it was initially developed as a straight-up horror show and eventually transformed into a procedural thriller. This is true. This is factual. Warner Bros. taking the character and doing their own thing without that of WBTV’s involvement is how we’ll get something special, something the character deserves after 30 years – especially if Conjuring Universe producer James Wan puts his stamp on it.

clickable text
Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
oh please be true of the Swamp Thing. The show has been pretty decent so far.
Post 364 IP   flag post
Starting tomorrow, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel starts their annual 2 weekish long "Christmas in July" movie marathon!!! This signals the start of my annual "Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel can kiss my @$$" marathon!!! I love their regular programming. I don't like when they go full bore on Christmas movies from basically Thanksgiving to New Years, but I can understand it. But WHY do this in the summer???!!!!! aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh
Post 365 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Christmas in July sucks.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Christmas in July sucks.

I 100% agree...er in doors LOVES it...….women why the frig cant we live without em
Post 367 IP   flag post

Post 368 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't even like Christmas at Christmas.
Post 369 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

Post 370 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't even like Christmas at Christmas.

I couldn't agree more!!! My top 2 Christmas films??? Krampus and Die Hard!!! The Island of Misfit Toys is ok.

Post 371 IP   flag post

Post 372 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Thank God you knew what I meant!!! LOL!!!
Post 373 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I got your back, LOL!
Post 374 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I have 5-6 issues left of Locke & Key. I must say this is a fantastic book. I cannot wait to see how Netflix tries to pull this off. Especially the head key...
Post 375 IP   flag post
Still likin' Krypton!
Post 376 IP   flag post
Stumptown
Post 377 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Stumptown

Ha! That one looks fantastic.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster looks very good I will have to see if we can get it this side of the pond 👍
Post 379 IP   flag post

Post 380 IP   flag post
597867 999 30