Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
After 5 seasons, Gotham is done. I just finished watching the finale. I'm going to be a little sad to see it go. It was fun while it lasted. Does anyone have any thoughts on the series or finale?

Post 301 IP   flag post

Just finished watching The Orville season finale. Best line "I had to swim with my shirt on till I was twenty." LOL!

Really enjoyed this season. I had my doubts early on but, Seth MacFarlane pulled it off.
Post 302 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
After 5 seasons, Gotham is done. I just finished watching the finale. I'm going to be a little sad to see it go. It was fun while it lasted. Does anyone have any thoughts on the series or finale?

Enjoyed the finale.

Grown up Catwoman looked hot.

I am going to miss this show.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I enjoyed this season of The Orville also. As I was going through the May Previews, I noticed a new Orville comic coming out in July. I did a little digging and it appears that they are going to do 4 issues of two episodes (two comics per episode). Apparently, the Executive Producer/writer of the tv series wrote the stories. They are going to have occurred between season 1 and season 2 of the tv series. So, it sounds like they are new material and not just book forms of tv episodes. I'm pretty confident that I'll end up ordering all 4. LOL
Post 304 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I was really disappointed with the last episode of Gotham!

I'm sad that a lot of stuff I like is ending this year but at the same time (to be honest) a little relieved as there's less I feel I have to keep up with now lol
Post 305 IP   flag post

Happy! is my guilty pleasure. So bizarre, just don't ask me about the gelatinous thing Christopher Meloni is spooning.
(No, it's not Patrick from Sponge Bob.)

Post 306 IP   flag post
LIVE-ACTION GHOST RIDER AND HELSTROM TV SERIES HEADING TO HULU IN 2020

Marvel.com has reported that a live action Ghost Rider and Helstrom TV series is heading to streaming service Hulu next year.

From Marvel.com:

Daimom Helstrom first appears in Ghost Rider #1 (Vol. 2) and Robbie Reyes first appears in All New Ghost Rider #1.

“Marvel’s Ghost-Rider” and “Marvel’s Helstrom” make their way to Hulu in 2020, as Marvel Television and Hulu expand their partnership with the addition of these two new live-action series based on fear properties.
“Marvel’s Ghost Rider” centers on Robbie Reyes, played by Gabriel Luna (“Terminator: Dark Fate,” “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”), the quintessential antihero, who lives on the Texas/Mexico border, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. When he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles controlling the power he wields. “Marvel’s Ghost Rider” is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.
“I couldn’t be more excited and honored to be handed the reins to a Marvel character as beloved as GHOST RIDER. This story hits every note for me—my love for grounded yet conflicted characters and my desire to scare the $&!# out of people! It’s important to me to find a take that thrills existing fans as well as wider audiences and I believe we’ve done just that,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Ingrid Escajeda.
Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer in “Marvel’s Helstrom.” The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the worst of humanity—each with their attitude and skills. “Marvel’s Helstrom” is executive produced by Paul Zbyszewski, who will serve as showrunner and Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.
“As a lifelong Marvel fan, I feel incredibly fortunate to help bring this darker, thrilling corner of the comic book universe to life, and I’m just grateful to everyone at Marvel Television and Hulu for the opportunity,” said Paul Zbyszewski, Executive Producer and Showrunner. “Marvel’s known for all the heart, humor, and action they put into every series, but this time around we’re adding some scares to that mix. I think we’ve found a compelling way to dissect some of our deepest fears through the experiences of our two lead characters.”
“We’re thrilled Hulu will be moving into a new—admittedly chilling—corner of the Marvel Universe with GHOST RIDER and HELSTROM. Paul and Ingrid are crafting gripping adventures into fear that live in our SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE cornerstone.”
Both series are co-productions with Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios and join the upcoming third season of “Marvel’s Runaways” and recently announced adult animated series based on the popular Marvel Television characters including “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.,” “Marvel’s Hit Monkey,” “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show,” and “Marvel’s Howard the Duck,” which will culminate in a special event, “Marvel’s The Offenders.”
clickable text
Post 307 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
oops sorry...I started a thread on this but I didnt see this post. my apologies.
Post 308 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster That scene from happy reminds me of this disturbing video I am still trying to unwatch:

On a lighter note, here is Paul Rudd singing the same song:

Post 309 IP   flag post
The CW Orders Batwoman and Katy Keene Series

It’s official, The CW has greenlit the standalone Batwoman series and the Riverdale spinoff Katy Keene for the 2019-2020 season.

Following her debut in the Arrowverse crossover “Elseworlds,” Ruby Rose will be starring in Batwoman, her own series as the protector of Gotham.

“Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence,” reads the description for Batwoman.

The series will be written and executive produced by Caroline Dries along with Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns, David Nutter, and Marcos Siega, who also directed the pilot. The CW launched official Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts for the series, sharing an announcement video to the latter with a full look at Rose’s Batwoman.

Based on the Archie Comics character, Katy Keene stars Pretty Little Liars’ Lucy Hale as the “aspiring fashion designer.” Joining Hale is Riverdale’s Ashleigh Murray, reprising her role as Josie McCoy as she chases her musical dreams in New York City.

“Their world is populated with kindred-spirit starving artists, including mysterious socialite Pepper Smith (Julia Chan) and Broadway-bound performer Jorge Lopez – and his drag queen alter ego, Ginger (Jonny Beauchamp),” reads the show’s description.

Michael Grassi will write and executive produce alongside Archie Comics Chief Creative Officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. Berlanti, Schechter, and Archie Comics CEO and Publisher Jon Goldwater will also executive produce, along with pilot director Maggie Kiley.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
So batwoman is the definition of a sjw ha.
Post 311 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Dark Horse and Netflix sign a "First-Look" deal. Sounds like Netflix get first right to make Dark Horse comics into TV shows. After the success of Umbrella Academy, this is no surprise. Netflix obviously trying to back fill after losing the Marvel shows.
Post 312 IP   flag post

For Amazon Prime watchers, season 3 of Sneaky Pete drops today. I really liked both season 1 and 2.
Post 313 IP   flag post
ABC Orders Stumptown TV Series

Deadline.com is reporting that ABC has placed a series order for a TV show staring Cobie Smulders based on the Greg Rucka Comic, Stumptown.

The unnamed series is based off the comic series which started with Stumptown #1, a 2009 One Press comic book series.

From Deadline.com:

ABC has handed its first new drama series pickup to one of its buzziest pilots, Untitled Cobie Smulders (Stumptown), a graphic novels adaptation headlined by the Avengers co-star. It is ABC’s second series order overall, joining the black-ish spinoff mixed-ish. Both project hails from ABC Studios. Hinting at their high hopes for Stumptown, which had been an internal favorite from the start, ABC Studios just signed a new overall deal with the drama’s creator Jason Richman.

The Cobie Smulders pilot was written by Richman and directed by James Griffiths. Based on the Stumptown graphic novel series, it follows Dex Parios (Smulders) as a strong, assertive, and sharp-witted army veteran with a complicated love life, gambling debt, and a brother to take care of in Portland, Oregon. Her military intelligence skills make her a great P.I., but her unapologetic style puts her in the firing line of hardcore criminals and not quite in alliance with the police.

This marks How I Met Your Mother aliumna Smulders’ returning to network television full-time. (She reprised her Avengers character Maria Hill in a recurring arc on ABC’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Richman executive produces with Ruben Fleischer and David Bernad via The District; Greg Rucka, author of the “Stumptown” graphic novel series; the graphic novels’ illustrators Matthew Southworth and Justin Greenwood.

Here is the full cast: Cobie Smulders as Dex Parios, Tantoo Cardinal as Sue Lynn Blackbird, Cole Sibus as Ansel Parios, Adrian Martinez as Tookie with Camryn Manheim as Lieutenant Cosgrove and Michael Ealy as Det. Miles Hoffman.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Has anyone out there watched season 2 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina? How did you like it?

Post 315 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
clickable text

Dark Horse and Netflix sign a "First-Look" deal. Sounds like Netflix get first right to make Dark Horse comics into TV shows. After the success of Umbrella Academy, this is no surprise. Netflix obviously trying to back fill after losing the Marvel shows.

Nice!! wonder which Dark Horse titles they are looking at??

Concrete could be interesting
Black Hammer???
Extended Mignola/BPRD/Hellboy universe??
Massive - really like this series!
Post 316 IP   flag post
‘The Orville’ Renewed For Season 3 By Fox

It’s official. Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi adventure series The Orville will return for a third season on Fox.

The renewal is not unexpected. Things were looking bright for a Season 2 renewal when the series received approval for $15.8 million in the latest round of TV tax credits for a third season, up from the $14.5 million incentive it got for Season 2. While landing a tax credit does not guarantee a pickup, it makes it more likely. The series also has strong support from the network.

The Orville has developed a devoted following and excels in delayed and on-demand viewing. In its first season, it averaged 10.7 million total viewers in multi-platform audience, up 149% from its Live+Same Day delivery. This past season-to-date. The Orville averaged 1.4 and 1.81 million viewers in adults 18-49 and 5.4 million total viewers. Its Season 2 ender drew a 0.7 rating and 2.92 million viewers in Live+Same Day.
clickable text
Post 317 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
DEATHSTROKE Animated Series Coming to CW Seed

Post 318 IP   flag post
Warner Bros. Pictures Releases Trailer for Animated ‘Batman: Hush’ Film
clickable text

Post 319 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
clickable text

Nice!! wonder which Dark Horse titles they are looking at??

Concrete could be interesting
Black Hammer???
Extended Mignola/BPRD/Hellboy universe??
Massive - really like this series!

Def Black Hammer. I would also throw Harrow County in there.

There is a lot of Dark Horse material that could make for cool tv shows. Let's hope NF doesn't FK it up.
Post 320 IP   flag post
An animated Concrete movie would be cool.

Post 321 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
‘The Orville’ Renewed For Season 3 By Fox

It’s official. Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi adventure series The Orville will return for a third season on Fox.

The renewal is not unexpected. Things were looking bright for a Season 2 renewal when the series received approval for $15.8 million in the latest round of TV tax credits for a third season, up from the $14.5 million incentive it got for Season 2. While landing a tax credit does not guarantee a pickup, it makes it more likely. The series also has strong support from the network.

The Orville has developed a devoted following and excels in delayed and on-demand viewing. In its first season, it averaged 10.7 million total viewers in multi-platform audience, up 149% from its Live+Same Day delivery. This past season-to-date. The Orville averaged 1.4 and 1.81 million viewers in adults 18-49 and 5.4 million total viewers. Its Season 2 ender drew a 0.7 rating and 2.92 million viewers in Live+Same Day.
clickable text

I have liked The Orville a lot more than I thought I would. Glad to see another season.
Post 322 IP   flag post
clickable text
Syfy Orders Comic Book Adaptation “Vagrant Queen” to Series

The Vault Comics series “Vagrant Queen” is heading to the small screen thanks to Syfy, Deadline reports today, with the network ordering an adaptation to series this week.

Syfy’s series, a “fun, violent, snarky, space opera,” will be produced by Blue Ice Pictures with an all-female team of writers and directors; Jem Garrard is creator and showrunner.

It’s set to premiere on Syfy in 2020 as a 10-episode, one-hour science fiction adventure series.

“Vagrant Queen follows Elida from child queen to orphaned outcast, as she scavenges the treacherous corners of the galaxy, always one step ahead of the Republic government out to extinguish her bloodline. When her old friend Isaac shows up claiming her mother Xevelyn is still alive, they head off with their new ally, Amae, to stage a rescue that will take her back into the perilous heart of her former kingdom and up against a deadly foe from her childhood, Commander Lazaro.”

Adriyan Rae (Light as a Feather), Tim Rozon (Diggstown) and Paul du Toit (Maze Runner) will star.

“Vagrant Queen” was co-created by Magdalene Visaggio (Kim & Kim) and Jason Smith.
Post 323 IP   flag post
clickable text
Netflix Orders Magic Order for TV Series

This should come as no surprise to comic book fans, mostly because this is the first book released under the Netflix banner of comic books, but Magic Order has been received a series order for the streaming service. This joins the lineup of books already optioned for tv shows and movies from Mark Millar’s Millar-world stable of comic book titles.

Deadline.com is reporting that the Mark Millar comic book series Magic Order has been ordered for a show on the streaming network.

The characters and concepts first appear in Magic Order #1 from Mark Millar and Image Comics.

From Deadline.com:

Netflix is expanding the Mark Millar film-TV universe with a series order to The Magic Order, with James Wan (Aquaman) and Lindsey Beer (Chaos Walking, Sierra Burgess is a Loser) attached as executive producers. Wan also will direct the debut episode and Beer will serve as writer/showrunner on the series based on Millar’s comic published by Netflix.

The Magic Order joins the two series based on the comic book writer’s stories, Jupiter’s Legacy and American Jesus, and three films, Empress, Huck and Sharkey The Bounty Hunter, which were greenlighted last year.

In The Magic Order, five families of magicians sworn to protect our world must battle an enemy who’s picking them off one by one. By day they live among us as our neighbors, friends and co-workers, but by night they are the sorcerers, magicians and wizards that protect us from the forces of darkness — unless the darkness gets them first.
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I was really disappointed with the last episode of Gotham!

I'm sad that a lot of stuff I like is ending this year but at the same time (to be honest) a little relieved as there's less I feel I have to keep up with now lol
this...I hate seeing stuff end but also glad no more having to keep up with it...
Post 325 IP   flag post

His Dark Materials is coming to HBO. No release date set. Based upon the trilogy of the Golden Compass (aka The Northern Lights), The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. I read these back when they came out and enjoyed the books.

Dafne Keen (Laura from the Logan movie) will play Lyra (the main character)& James McAvoy plays Lord Asriel.

They made a Golden Compass movie 10 years ago that was not well received. I was always surprised that they didn't finish the trilogy, but I guess with how badly the first one did, it didn't make sense.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the HBO series. Hope it does well.
Post 326 IP   flag post
From what I remember, I liked the Golden Compass. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks.
Post 327 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...it didn't make sense.

This sums up the movie in a nutshell.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Carlos Valdes as Vibe on The Flash

I just noticed how much he looks like Cheech Marin, back in the day!

Cheech and Chong 1968

Carlos Valdes

Post 329 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - So who would you pick to play Tommy Chong if they did a movie about those two?
Post 330 IP   flag post
598059 999 30