Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I was planning to get my hulk 181 at sdcc, but if you can make me a deal, I might bite. Send me a PM, bro.
Post 51 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've got ASM 14 as well.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Very nice, I’m looking for a slightly higher grade on the ASM 14. Thanks for posting, though.
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I traded an ASM 14 7.5 in my trade deal - you can see it and many others at socalcomics.com.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@GAC you have a picture of the back?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Oh, I can’t afford a 7.5. Appreciate the heads up though, @Stu.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@00slim I also traded a Hulk 181 7.0 signed by Len.
Post 57 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
@GAC you have a picture of the back?

@Stu I can certainly take a photo of the back if you're interested.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Here you go....

Post 59 IP   flag post
back

Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Avengers 4 graded 3.0 is valued on comicspriceguide.com at $1400 US. I could let it go for a little less then that.

And this is why one should not use comicspriceguide.com for pricing. $1400 is about double the market price for this one.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@GAC I’d highly recommend a GoCollect or GPA account. It’s worth the $6/month membership for accurate sales info.
Post 62 IP   flag post
@GAC Could you send me a PM what you’d like for your Hulk 181?
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Avengers 4 graded 3.0 is valued on comicspriceguide.com at $1400 US. I could let it go for a little less then that.

And this is why one should not use comicspriceguide.com for pricing. $1400 is about double the market price for this one.

Oh, ok...how do comicspriceguide.com come up with their values? Are they in line with Overstreet? What's the best way to determine FMV?
Post 64 IP   flag post
@GAC I’m interested. We just need to agree on a price.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Oh, ok...how do comicspriceguide.com come up with their values?

Something similar to this, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Are they in line with Overstreet? What's the best way to determine FMV?

The best way is to research the prices people are currently paying. The more sales a comic has, the better. Don't rely on prices that people are asking, only what they're actually getting.

As mentioned, GoCollect or GPA will give you that info (for a low and fair price, especially if you purchase frequently).
Post 66 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

CBCS endorses them on a regular basis on social media. They seem like good folks over there, but their pricing is all over the place 😑. Like, REALLY bad.

Anyone know what the connection is?
Post 67 IP   flag post

Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Oh, ok...how do comicspriceguide.com come up with their values?

Something similar to this, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Are they in line with Overstreet? What's the best way to determine FMV?

The best way is to research the prices people are currently paying. The more sales a comic has, the better. Don't rely on prices that people are asking, only what they're actually getting.

As mentioned, GoCollect or GPA will give you that info (for a low and fair price, especially if you purchase frequently).

There you go.

Doesn't get much better than that.
Post 69 IP   flag post
With that extensive damage to the back cover, and other issues, is that Spidey 14 a 2.0? 1.8?
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

CBCS endorses them on a regular basis on social media. They seem like good folks over there, but their pricing is all over the place 😑. Like, REALLY bad.

Anyone know what the connection is?

I would imagine the connection is money. Cold, hard cash. Well...since we don't trade much in metal anymore, "cold", "hard" metaphorical cash.

It will never cease to amaze me that every single person or group of people who attempt(s) to publish price "guides" always 1. overstate(s) the value of virtually everything they price, and 2. overstate it by a lot. If something is priced in line with market values, it's almost universally a mistake that hasn't been updated yet. Overvaluing collectibles is as predictable as the sun rising in the east.

And the reason why isn't a mystery: no one will use a price guide that tells people what they have is worth what other people are currently paying, or, GASP!, LESS than what THEY paid. They want to be lied to, to discover that what they have is "worth" much, much more than they paid for it. Silly human nature.

It DOES lead to some interesting hypotheticals, though...for example, in the area of "price resistance."
Post 71 IP   flag post
598015 71 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?