Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

[PSA] Publishers: Variant Fatigue Syndrome6295

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So far I've only seen 1:500 Variant covers. Has there ever been anything more "rare" than that? Like 1:10,000 or etc?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If there is a way to commission just one copy of a cover (not a blank cover with a sketch on it), I would do it. Then I could sell it as the 1:lifetime cover and we all know there's some dedicated collector who needs it.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
So far I've only seen 1:500 Variant covers. Has there ever been anything more "rare" than that? Like 1:10,000 or etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
If there is a way to commission just one copy of a cover (not a blank cover with a sketch on it), I would do it. Then I could sell it as the 1:lifetime cover and we all know there's some dedicated collector who needs it.

Already happend

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/6221/page/1/quantum--woody-2017-1-2nd-print-one-copy/#7
Post 103 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Just wait until all comic books have serial numbers like dollar bills.

The chase will be on for serial numbers 000001 and so forth.

Then an upgrade would include moving from owning Deadpool #1 ser.#0000121, to ser.# 0000033.

Man O man. I can't wait.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Then an upgrade would include moving from owning Deadpool #1 ser.#0000121, to ser.# 0000033.

Man O man. I can't wait.
imagine if it was on the inside face of the book.. Collectors may actually open their comics. ( at least 1 page)
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Man O man. I can't wait.

Is 2399 too high of a number?
Post 106 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I have taken it on me to see if I can get people of our of their non-store variant fatigue. 😎

This Parrillo variant will go on sale tmr. Low print run as an image book

is that like a fat chubby pig demon girl?
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke lol
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
is that like a fat chubby pig demon girl?

...reminds me of someone I once met at 2am
Post 109 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Met one of those once at the Lava Rock in Honolulu. It ended well.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:

Man O man. I can't wait.
imagine if it was on the inside face of the book.. Collectors may actually open their comics. ( at least 1 page)

Have a 32 digit serial #, one number on each page.
Of course that's added pressure on the creative staff to make 32 pages of something worth looking at besides the cover.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Met one of those once at the Lava Rock in Honolulu. It ended well.

Ha @Studley_Dudley the fact that your avatar is Shipwreck makes that statement even better
Post 112 IP   flag post
I just "researched" this book more. I'm so confused

Post 113 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

You want unnatural?
Post 115 IP   flag post
holy cow
Post 116 IP   flag post
PSA @kaptainmyke Broke his pledge and ordered a Batgirl Variant today. He argues it's "Cover B"

Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Wrong "shame, shame, shame" pic. LOL
Post 118 IP   flag post
It’s not a homage or store exclusive Limited print variant so shut up
Post 119 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
"B" variants don't count. They just do two different versions of the cover and you pick one. (If you buy both, that probably counts. But not one.)
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
"B" variants don't count. They just do two different versions of the cover and you pick one. (If you buy both, that probably counts. But not one.)

Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Action 1000 aside, I like what DC does and puts out two versions on a cover which can be ordered in any amount. pick the one you like. No incentives. Very little difference in value. Rarely do I buy both, and only when they struck gold with both covers. But at $2.99/$3.99 it's still for the love of the hobby (for the PC) Not to flip.

...will cave and buy one shop variant of ASM 800...and will likely be done with shop variants after that. And will buy one cover where multiple options at cover price are offered after today.

Take the pledge!

This was the pledge (from 2 weeks ago)...at least how I wrote it up (post #13). It's my pledge.

Buy one where multiples are offered at cover (i.e., what DC does). No shop variants or incentives.
Post 122 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I just broke my own rule also. I ordered some variant new comics. Damn it. I got the urge and before I knew it, it was a done deal.

I was window shopping on Ebay and noticed some Vampironica books that looked cool. But I was not pleased with the pics or condition descriptions, so I thought "Hmmm...I wonder if I can order them directly from Archie Comics?"

I went to their web site and ordered three of every #1 they had. They don't address condition at all though, so it is a krap shoot.

I had searched for graded ones on Ebay and could not find any.

So here I am. Again.
Post 123 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak

You make me sick.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Almost bought a virgin Midtown ASM 800 set today and a few others...almost.
Just couldn't justify (even at only $40 for the vigin covers).
Cleared my basket and closed the site.
Post 125 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Goodjob you get a chip.

Post 126 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa Really???? You post a beer emoji with an AA one month chip? Totally classless. Way to show disrespect for people who actually had to earn one of those chips!! I'm disappointed. If you had ANY idea on what it took for an alcoholic to receive that chip, you wouldn't be so flippant about posting it with a beer, joke or no joke.

Yes, I am taking this personally because it IS personal to me. If it was against the rules, I'd have deleted it. Since it doesn't break any rules, I'm leaving a comment. I can't stop you, or anyone else, from posting tasteless jokes like this, but I can speak my mind. I'm saying this as member of the forum NOT as a moderator. I usually enjoy your humor. Not this time. And in case you decide to remove the beer emoji, here's a screenshot for reference.

I've debated about whether or not I'm being TOO sensitive about this and overreacting. Honestly, if you had posted JUST the chip, I would have laughed. OR, if you had posted just a beer and another type of chip or award, I probably would have laughed. But the combo of the beer AND the AA chip, that I've got a problem with.

I may take a lot of heat for this, but to me, posting those two together just makes a mockery of AA and everyone it has helped through the years. Right or wrong, I HAD to say something.

I expect there to be some push back about this. It's ok. I'm a big boy and I can take it.
Post 127 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I think you are overreacting. I respect you so I took out the beer emoji. We don't have a thumbs up emoji so that was the closest I could find. We are talking about variant comic addictions here.

It's a funny and serious topic.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jesse_O I think you are overreacting.

I won't rule out that possibility. It is an extremely personal matter for me, and I admit, it is one of my "buttons".

Thank you for taking down the beer emoji. I do appreciate that.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
@Jesse_O I think you are overreacting.

I won't rule out that possibility. It is an extremely personal matter for me, and I admit, it is one of my "buttons".

Thank you for taking down the beer emoji. I do appreciate that.

Sorry to hear that. How many variant comics do you buy a month?
Post 130 IP   flag post
600649 419 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?