Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

[PSA] Publishers: Variant Fatigue Syndrome6295

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I miss it when there was one cover and everything was simple.

Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Truer words have never been spoken!
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I was discussing with a friend the other day and He began me wondering about something I thought perhaps someone could weigh in on.....While Variants abound , and are beyond overdone......I was attempting to differentiate alternate covers with vaiant covers. By this I mean by example...consider Teen titans 20....the main print run seems divided between two separate covers if you ignore the various retailer incentives etc. I had offered that because the normal cover of the book was divided between these two they would be more accurately called alternative covers, while the more rare or shop specific ones would be actual variants...thoughts?
Post 404 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Another thought. Are all the shop and artist special editions or variants counted in the total advertised print run. As far as I can see they only give you one number so a so called 500/700/1000/3000 or a 1:10/1:100/1:1000 print run could be a very large ....BS... story who verifies all this. What about this, I think it’s X-Men masked & unmasked book. Is there such a thing as comic print run police. I not trying to be sarcastic but this question arises and should be pondered
Post 405 IP   flag post

Well, just because they solicit something as 1:1000, that doesn't mean they can't make 10,000 copies and give away the extras as promo items or comp items to the creators. Boycott modern comics!
Post 406 IP   flag post
From Unknowncomocbooks.com. Seems this happens A LOT with marvel variants..it's just that the shops who offer the exclusives push back. The non-shop incentives just get put out for sale because, well, what are you gonna do? I assume it was free to begin wi given its an incentive.

"This has absolutely one of the worst summers I have ever had in comics.

We have had 5 straight weeks of receiving Marvel exclusives where either all or a large part of the print run has to be replaced due to severe printer damage. Some of these replacements we have been able to squeak by without anyone noticing the delays but I have to inform you of the two we are now waiting on from Marvel.

Infinity Wars Prime is set to be in on 9/5 along with Infinity Countdown #5 (which we have never even launched due to how severe the damages were on the books....)

Fantastic Four #1 has also suffered severe printer damage on all 7 covers.

We truly hate the delays that this is causing but we truly believe that it is better to get these replaced so that better condition goes out.

We have also experienced major delays due to major mistakes from Diamond Comics.

On 7/11 they shorted us our entire weekly order outside of a hand full of books and our exlclusives. Marvel and Dc Comics did help us secure a lot of our order after the fact but it has taken several weeks to secure everything. Some titles we have even had to go out and buy at retail to secure our books for orders.

Again I am truly sorry for the delays of this summer and as replacements arrive we are trying to get them out as quickly as we can.

Darren and the Unknown Team"
Post 407 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Passing the buck.
Post 408 IP   flag post
I almost went the whole summer without buying a shop variant...but couldn't pass these two up. Sometimes when I want an issue and the regular art work is crap, I'll pay a little more for a shop variant, I suppose...Scorpion Comics did a good job picking me out 9.6/9.8s and packaging too.

Post 409 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
You could always go for one of these:
Post 410 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
You could always go for one of these:

When I quit collecting in the 80's that was one of the last comics I bought. It went into a long box without a bag or board and stayed that way for almost 10 years.
Post 411 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

i wonder how @masochism feels about this
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Question: will there be more “wang” variants for superheroes moving forward? The speculation money seems to be there $$$$
Post 413 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Question: will there be more “wang” variants for superheroes moving forward? The speculation money seems to be there $$$$

confused...like different types/styles of wangs??
retro wang, steampunk wang, venomized wang??? this could be fun!!!
Post 414 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

i wonder how @masochism feels about this

Ooohhhh...guest staring wolverine!! I wonder if it's the old one, girl one, or dead one...
Post 415 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

Does venom have a wang? Or does he have the ability to enhance the host's wang?

Can you imagine Mr. Fantastic's wang? They don't call him Mr. "Fantastic" for nuthin!

No comic thread is safe from being hijacked by wang talk these days....
Post 416 IP   flag post

Available for $9.99 tonight only.

clickable text
Post 417 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
My God! There's a giant earthworm trying to escape out his mouth!
Post 418 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
My God! There's a giant earthworm trying to escape out his mouth!

That's his wang....do shop variants count as first appearances?
Post 419 IP   flag post
597883 419 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?