Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

[PSA] Publishers: Variant Fatigue Syndrome6295

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Damn.. Long wait ahead. I got shipping notification for my shattered comics at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Damn.. Long wait ahead. I got shipping notification for my shattered comics at least.

Yeah, my two shattered ASM 300 homage covers are on their way.

Still waiting to hear where the other 2000 copies are going to show up...
Post 326 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Lame.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Lame.

Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Variant Cover Coming Soon.
Kinda cool cover, because the Green Goblin makes it that way.

Post 330 IP   flag post

Green goblin looks drunk.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

Lol!

Classic.
Post 332 IP   flag post
My copies of ASM 800 Shattered variant and Mayhew arrived today.

As with all ASM 800 raws, they have their binding issues, but since I ordered 2 copies each and sold the second for double (essentially paying for my PC), it's all good.

Free comic book day can be every day!

I said I was going to stop with the shop variants after ASM 800...so far nothing has tempted me...but Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 is on the horizon...if they come out with an homage cover (Marvel Spotlight #5 or Ghost Rider #1), I may be in trouble

And DC's Killer B's don't count!

Edit: BTW, Mayhew's cover for 797 is way better...anyone want to trade?
Post 333 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Variant Cover Coming Soon.
Kinda cool cover, because the Green Goblin makes it that way.

MY EYES
Post 334 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect they're is going to be a raft of left over shop variants for the marvel refresh.

Not jumping on that one.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Here come the Batman 50 wedding variants...

unknown comic books exclusives

The Jim Lee (regular cover C) isn't too bad, but the Neal Adams (cover B) don't look right...

Cover A is tops so far. Sticking with that.
Post 336 IP   flag post
I think Mr. Neal Adams had a mild stroke in the last few years because his art just isn't cutting it.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

The Jim Lee (regular cover C) isn't too bad, but the Neal Adams (cover B) don't look right...

I don't see a Neal Adams cover. I only see an Arthur Adams cover.
Post 338 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I can’t tell if the artist on that ASM variant started on Black Cat & realized about halfway “oh shit, Black *Cat*, not Black *Canary*!”

Not a fan of the new costume, that’s all.
Post 339 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered eight copies of Amazing Spider-Man #800, the regular Ross cover. Because I liked it, and because the Comic Mint had a sale on it, for 45% off ($44 plus shipping). So I thought, well, Ross's cover is nice so sure ... why not?

Anyway, it came yesterday (and I'd placed the order three months ago). I looked at them and said to myself, "Oh, it's that cover. Huh. I didn't remember that one. Oh, well .. not bad." So, I was a little confused, because I didn't remember ordering that cover, but not completely surprised, because sometimes I forget stuff after three months. (Hell, sometimes I forget stuff after three days.)

So today I get an email. "Hey, can you please check, did we send you the wrong comic?" I did check and yep - they did send the wrong one. Turns out, they sent eight copies of the Mayhew cover that is now selling on eBay for upwards of $165 bucks each. Wow. They sent me over a thousand dollars worth of comics by accident!

Heh. Lucky for them I'm an honest guy. I'll send 'em all back tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. I'm not in a hurry. :-)

Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I ordered eight copies of Amazing Spider-Man #800, the regular Ross cover. Because I liked it, and because the Comic Mint had a sale on it, for 45% off ($44 plus shipping). So I thought, well, Ross's cover is nice so sure ... why not?

Anyway, it came yesterday (and I'd placed the order three months ago). I looked at them and said to myself, "Oh, it's that cover. Huh. I didn't remember that one. Oh, well .. not bad." So, I was a little confused, because I didn't remember ordering that cover, but not completely surprised, because sometimes I forget stuff after three months. (Hell, sometimes I forget stuff after three days.)

So today I get an email. "Hey, can you please check, did we send you the wrong comic?" I did check and yep - they did send the wrong one. Turns out, they sent eight copies of the Mayhew cover that is now selling on eBay for upwards of $165 bucks each. Wow. They sent me over a thousand dollars worth of comics by accident!

Heh. Lucky for them I'm an honest guy. I'll send 'em all back tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. I'm not in a hurry. :-)

Would be a nice gesture if they gave you a gift!
Post 341 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I don't see a Neal Adams cover. I only see an Arthur Adams cover.

You're right. I saw "Adams" and assumed they would have gotten Neal to do the cover...
Post 342 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

It would be! I guess they probably won't say, "Hey, why don't you keep one of those for yourself?" But maybe they'll send super-nice copies of those JLA #1 issues I ordered.

But no biggie. I just sold my house (in another state - I had been renting it out) for $5,000 over asking price. So I'll be okay. :-) It's a nice cover though. And frankly, a lot nicer when you know what it's worth!

I forgot to add a "pics or it didn't happen," so here is that.

Post 343 IP   flag post
wow that's amazing

It would be very honorable of you to return them. I wouldn't judge you personally if you decided to keep them.
Post 344 IP   flag post
Quote:

One of them Is mine, because they shorted me one comic in my shipment. They were supposed to send another one out today, but I'm guessing they don't have a copy to give me right now as I got no shipment notice or repond to my inquiry about a tracking number...

Seems like they had a rough week fulfilling orders...
Post 345 IP   flag post
Quote:

One of them Is mine, because they shorted me one comic in my shipment. They were supposed to send another one out today, but I'm guessing they don't have a copy to give me right now as I got no shipment notice or respond to my inquiry about a tracking number...

Wow. Well, I'm being very careful with them. I already packed them up with bubble wrap (which they didn't have when they came to me). And then Steven Finkel just sent this message:

"Hi ted,

I have sent you a return label.
You are welcome to keep one copy for free for your honesty.
Thank you very much!
We will be packing the appropriate books for you tomorrow."

Wow. I honestly didn't expect that. I feel bad for ... someone. As you said, at least one person there had a really bad week. I guess I will take the gift, though I feel bad about even that. Like I'm profiting off someone's mistake. Also, now I have to unpack them again. *sigh*

Just kidding. I'll totally unpack them to get a freebie. But maybe I'll stick another comic in there instead, as a 'thank you.' Would that be weird? Also, I kind of want to put a message in each one, see if Drogio gets it.

@kaptainmyke I get that, I really do ... I really wanted to play dumb. But two things: 1) I tried not to think about it too much, which makes it easier; and 2) even though it was their mistake, it would literally be illegal to keep something I didn't order or pay for.

Anyway, not a big deal. I mean, how many times can a guy read a comic anyway?
Post 346 IP   flag post
Well said, Ted. 👏
Post 347 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

One of them Is mine, because they shorted me one comic in my shipment. They were supposed to send another one out today, but I'm guessing they don't have a copy to give me right now as I got no shipment notice or respond to my inquiry about a tracking number...

Wow. Well, I'm being very careful with them. I already packed them up with bubble wrap (which they didn't have when they came to me. And then Steven Finkel just sent this message:

"Hi ted,

Thank you very much!

Wow. I honestly didn't expect that. I feel bad for ... someone. As you said, at least one person there had a really bad week. I guess I will take the gift, though I feel bad about even that. Like I'm profiting off someone's mistake. Also, now I have to unpack them again. *sigh*

Just kidding. I'll totally unpack them to get a freebie. But maybe I'll stick another comic in there instead, as a 'thank you.' Would that be weird? Also, I kind of want to put a message in each one, see if Drogio gets it.

@kaptainmyke I get that, I really do ... I really wanted to play dumb. But two things: 1) I tried not to think about it too much, which makes it easier; and 2) even though it was their mistake, it would literally be illegal to keep something I didn't order or pay for.

Maybe he reads this Forum 😜
Post 348 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow. Well, I'm being very careful with them. I already packed them up with bubble wrap (which they didn't have when they came to me (and now Tedsaid!). And then Steven Finkel just sent this message:

"Hi ted,

Thank you very much!

Maybe he reads this Forum 😜

He's responded here before. When one of my Dark Nights Metal comics arrived with "achne" on the back cover (search for The Batman Who Has Achne thread) he responded here and instructed me to contact them and provide pictures....they sent me a replacement copy. They've been good to me, so I keep giving them my business.
Post 349 IP   flag post
And now back to more damaged shop variants!

From The Comic Mint:

Recently, we were fortunate to be able to offer 4 Variants for Amazing Spider-man 800. We wanted to alert our customers to issues affecting two of these books.

Both the Lucio Parrillo Red Goblin (trade and virgin) and the Inhyuk Lee (trade and virgin) variants have significant damages direct from the printer. This is extremely disappointing to us and our customers. Fortunately replacements are on the way.

We anticipate shipping BOTH affected versions starting the first week in July. We fully understand how frustrating this can be, but it is extremely important that we provide you, our customers, with a highly collectible item in great condition. The picture below roughly reflects the condition of both variants listed above, and as such could not be utilized.

Thank you very much for your business and support!
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
He's responded here before. When one of my Dark Nights Metal comics arrived with "achne" on the back cover (search for The Batman Who Has Achne thread) he responded here and instructed me to contact them and provide pictures....they sent me a replacement copy. They've been good to me, so I keep giving them my business.

Yeah, The Comic Mint is great. I didn't know they were forum fans, but I do remember your previous post, now that you mention it.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It would be! I guess they probably won't say, "Hey, why don't you keep one of those for yourself?" But maybe they'll send super-nice copies of those JLA #1 issues I ordered.

But no biggie. I just sold my house (in another state - I had been renting it out) for $5,000 over asking price. So I'll be okay. :-) It's a nice cover though. And frankly, a lot nicer when you know what it's worth!

I forgot to add a "pics or it didn't happen," so here is that.

What is that? A couple grand worth of variants? I don't know man, I'd have a hard time doing the right thing. It's their error, I'd probably adopt this philosophy

But I guess you're doing the right thing
Post 352 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

What is that? A couple grand worth of variants? I don't know man, I'd have a hard time doing the right thing. It's their error.

But I guess you're doing the right thing

Well, it was pretty cool "owning" them for a couple days. I almost sent them out to get graded right away (before I knew it was a special issue), because I've been wanting to try the, what's-it-called, pre-screening. But I decided to wait, and pick other comics to send with them over the weekend instead. I'm glad I didn't, because that would make it way more complicated.

It does make me curious though, if this was a problem with a lot of customers, and how many of them owned up to it. Probably, once they discovered the mistake, they know exactly who got the wrong issues.
Post 353 IP   flag post

Why? Why the 8bit variants?
Post 354 IP   flag post
It’s the new pulled pork of variants
Post 355 IP   flag post
601442 419 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?