Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:
@Wraith yeah but i reckon someone is gonna die in 800
you think spidey will put on his black costume and rip Norman in half?

My bet is he rips Normie in half....ooooh that'd be bad....then he'd have a green, red and maybe Harry could pick a new color....or venom can join with Harry and make a black goblin!!!

Remember Harry has a son. Anyway we’ll see

That's who I was referring to when I said "Normie".

Yeah - but I think Normie is gonna be safe
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
When will a goblin go to plaid?

When "then" becomes "now"...

IOW, #soon
Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Wraith yeah but i reckon someone is gonna die in 800
you think spidey will put on his black costume and rip Norman in half?

My bet is he rips Normie in half....ooooh that'd be bad....then he'd have a green, red and maybe Harry could pick a new color....or venom can join with Harry and make a black goblin!!!

Remember Harry has a son. Anyway we’ll see

That's who I was referring to when I said "Normie".

Yeah - but I think Normie is gonna be safe

Agreed. Marvel wouldn't go THAT dark.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Something has to make spidey flip his lid and go back to symbiote too.. So someone on his side he generally cares about must get done in early.

Then I reckon he might end Norman for all the shenanigans over the years and two significant deaths of people Pete really cares about on his hands...

We'll all know soon ... Can't wait to read.
Post 229 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Something has to make spidey flip his lid
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I remember when I was actively reading comics, I liked to get Marvel Fanfare to see the pages of pin-ups and covers-that-weren't. To showcase new artists, etc.
Now they just put out variant covers, it seems.

For me, if I want to look at a variant, I just Google it. Heck, I could print it out on a high quality printer if I wanted.

Do I need to own the book? Nope
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
KaptainMyke might be onto something here. This IS getting silly. This is from Dynamic Forces daily deal listing- (emphasis added):

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #800 RARE JOHN CASSADAY VARIANT ULTRA LIMITED ELITE GOLD SIGNATURE SERIES SIGNED BY JOHN ROMITA SR CHOSEN FROM THE FIRST 7 IN THE WORLD!!! (Regular MSRP $399.99)

Maybe I'll change my collecting emphasis to only collect books that were printed before noon.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Popcorn.
Post 233 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
first 7 in the world? oh my jehovah
Post 234 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't realize comics were birthed...
Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
$400...? Can pick up a Marvel Super Heroes #13 mid-grade for that kind of money.
Post 236 IP   flag post
do you think there was conversation at the dynamic forces corporate offices and they decided that the eighth one wasn't really collectible?
Post 237 IP   flag post
@infinityG there are other books in the deal (if that matters)
https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/infoforspecial.html
Post 238 IP   flag post
like 4 out of 5 dentists agree that #8 is OUT
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I caved... but only for Vampi. Her 50th anniversary is coming up in 2019 so I KNOW there will be tons of variants I will be buying for it.

Post 240 IP   flag post
Looks like yet another Betty Page swipe. Love me some Vampirella and Vampironica. But come on, folks.... this is just lazy. Gorgeous cover, but lazy.

I do admit painting silk sheets is NOT easy.
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Looks like yet another Betty Page swipe. Love me some Vampirella and Vampironica. But come on, folks.... this is just lazy. Gorgeous cover, but lazy.

I do admit painting silk sheets is NOT easy.

I will admit that I don't like the "add a slight something to the cover" variant idea. I think it's lazy and reminds you that the painting is edited via computers later.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Yuuuuup
Post 243 IP   flag post
Aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd they are all gone.

Wow. It will always keep happening as long as people buy them up. What a scam.

Post 244 IP   flag post

Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@poka was right.
Post 246 IP   flag post
yep.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Ok, I caved... but only for Vampi. Her 50th anniversary is coming up in 2019 so I KNOW there will be tons of variants I will be buying for it.

i bought the OA for this one
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
i bought the OA for this one

Post 249 IP   flag post
let me see it nooowwwwwwwwww!
Post 250 IP   flag post

haven’t received it yet. I am being told that it is more red than what it appears on this scan
Post 251 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@poka That's freaking incredible!!!
Post 252 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I havent visited my pull box since Action 1000 came out. I’ve considered closing it, but keep thinking I might get over it (but havent). All for those reasons you mentioned, Kap. That was the last straw for me I think.

I remain master of my domain. Still have not visited the box, and suspended it temporarily.

The break feels good. Enjoying my older books for a while, pissed off at DC for not closing out the Rebirth story properly anyways.

Now as for that original art “variant”... I’ll take that! Congrats on the purchase poka!
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga

@Darkga - Thanks for confirming that I made the right choice. I wanted a Mayhew original art of a cover, but wasn’t sure about this one. But when offered I had to say yes!
Post 254 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd they are all gone.

Wow. It will always keep happening as long as people buy them up. What a scam.

Did you see that a few hours before they went live eBay SALES were already pushing past the $150 range? That was the raw copy. I think I saw a sale of the 300 copy limited edition of $600.

Incredible.
Post 255 IP   flag post
597875 419 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?