Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

Grading "personally" valueable books628

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
You should see the ones I sent in to get graded. LOL

Some are worth $2. TWO DOLLARS.

I have a couple $2 books in the line to get graded if I can get wolfman to sign them.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
I have been submitting Godzilla to both CGC and CBC and I am pretty sure I am spending more to get them slabbed then what they are worth.

But I can not help myself. They look so cool in the case I want to protect them for as long as I can.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
It's your money. Do what you want with it. But honestly I don't understand it.

If a book has sentimental value. Why would you not want to be able to hold it, smell it, read it, and feel it in your hand? Instead of a cold hard slab?

To me, it would be like getting your dog stuffed by a taxidermist before he dies.

Any comic book that has sentimental value only, will certainly last a lifetime in a mylar or mylite baggie.

Having said all of that. I have a book that I doubt anyone else has ever slabbed.

I also have a book that should have never been slabbed, and is the highest graded, and is NOT in the CGC census as such. Old label and states graded in 2000. There is a 9.6 and 9.4 on the census, which is kind of silly as to why anyone would grade a 9.4 of this book. What a waste of time and money.

Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lpfan
I have. I'm waiting on my first sub to be graded right now. It's a first printing of Batman the killing joke. It was one of the first books I ever owned. (I got an amazing deal on it) I have no plans to sell it but I figured that I should grade it just so I can't do anything dumb and ruin the condition.

That's actually a valuable book worth slabbing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 1lpfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lpfan
I have. I'm waiting on my first sub to be graded right now. It's a first printing of Batman the killing joke. It was one of the first books I ever owned. (I got an amazing deal on it) I have no plans to sell it but I figured that I should grade it just so I can't do anything dumb and ruin the condition.

That's actually a valuable book worth slabbing.

I knew that going in. My point was that I have no plans to do anything with it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
My first comic wasn't something cool like Spider-man or the X-men. The first book I ever picked off the shelf was Power Pack # 8. I was 9 and the cover caught my eye because of the Kid super heroes, Cloak and Dagger, and several monsters. I have a copy of it graded 9.8. I also submitted a Power-Pack #1 I got signed by the co-creator at Heroes con. CBCS should be shipping it soon. Not valuable but priceless to me.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600899 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?