Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Westworld tv show (Spoiler-Free!)6213

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody watch Westworld?

I am elated they finally revealed the identity of the Man in Black! Yet again, the show teaches you to "pay attention to the clothes" and "choice of words" through dialogue. This show likes to throw you 30 years ago, then flip scenes and show you the present.

Did anyone else figure out who the Man in Black is? A character at the end of Season 2, Episode 2 finally kept calling him by his first name. The beginning of the episode gave away his last name. By the end of episode 2 you figure out quickly what has been going on and who he really is!

Simply one of the most amazing intelligent shows I've ever watched.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
It's damn good. It's exciting to see how they've been taking the hosts out of the park since the get. I'm sold on season two and excited to see it progress.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I just binge watched season 1.. I wasnt expecting much when I started, almost turned it off, but now I'm hooked!!

S2 E2 tomorrow for me
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Season 1 is key. Season 2 builds off of season 1 to where you understand why Season 1 introduces you to the brothers and their visit to the park. (Non spoiler sentence for Season 1 people)
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Man in Black's identity was revealed in season one.

Great show for anyone who has yet to watch it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I guess that wasn't made clear for me until this week. I didn't know who that was when Delores for said his first name in Season one.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I like the show and Thandie Newton.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

I guess that wasn't made clear for me until this week. I didn't know who that was when Delores for said his first name in Season one.

Have you seen the movie The Sixth Sense?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Everyone has.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I've just in the past couple of weeks watched it. I used Playstation Vue for cable TV and wasn't willing to pay $15 a month for HBO. But Direct TV has a three month offer of $10 a month and they offer HBO for $5. So I signed up. A year ago DirecTV Now was virtually unwatchable. Constant freezing and buffering. It seems just as stable as PS Vue now. But I digress....

Anyway, I've enjoyed Westworld a lot. As much for the acting as the actual story. But I was sorta disappointed and put off with the Man in Black's ID reveal

****SPOILER ALERT****.

I mean come on. He used to lover her, he realized she was different. But that was sooo yesterday and now he spends his time killing her father, boyfriend and raping/stabbing her. Apparently over and over - except when he's involved in his own equally violent story lines. The Man in Black is nothing more than a (rich) nothing whose life is spent in a violent, Grand Theft auto style virtual world.

I've also apparently gotten spoiled by other streaming services (Netflix) and was surprised and annoyed to find out Season 2 Episode 2 is all there is. I actually have to wait a few weeks to see episode 3. And I guess months to finish Season 2.

I could also do with a bit more linear storytelling, rather than the choppy, back and forth between multiple time lines and character arcs. I mean come on. Season 1 ends in the middle of a synthetic human insurrection and lots of carnage. And season 2 picks up two weeks after that and they are going to tease that carnage out over the next 10 episodes. Many, perhaps most people like this method of storytelling. I find it wearying
Post 10 IP   flag post
I do not care for the nonlinear form of storytelling either. I prefer it told in sequential order. But we live in the Post-Pulp Fiction world now, and everyone thinks that's how movies should be filmed now. Or, or, what they do is show you the final 5 minutes of a movie in the very beginning before the opening credits, and then the "1 month ago" or "2 years ago" drops across the screen after opening title shot. It's the new "pulled pork" of movies and tv storytelling.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Everyone has.

Want me to explain it to you?
Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Good series
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
It's getting worse and worse, to the point i have to force myself to watch it, for no other reason then to get some sort of payoff for the time already invested. And I really "want to like it."
Post 15 IP   flag post
Last week's episode was terrific with the Ghost Nation leader.
Post 16 IP   flag post
So, I don't know if you guys know this or not...but there was an original film named "Westworld" starting Yul Brynner and James Brolin. Here's where it gets weird: There was a sequel as well named "Futureworld", starring Peter Fonda. I can't believe I never knew this or missed this one. I have all of Peter Fonda's movies because I am somewhat a fan of all his movies from the 60s and 70s. Even further than that there was a tv show that was cancelled called "Beyond Westworld". (It's terrible btw) I never knew about the sequels to the movie.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So, I don't know if you guys know this or not...but there was an original film named "Westworld" starting Yul Brynner and James Brolin. Here's where it gets weird: There was a sequel as well named "Futureworld", starring Peter Fonda. I can't believe I never knew this or missed this one. I have all of Peter Fonda's movies because I am somewhat a fan of all his movies from the 60s and 70s. Even further than that there was a tv show that was cancelled called "Beyond Westworld". (It's terrible btw) I never knew about the sequels to the movie.

I saw Westworld & Futureworld when they came out, so I remember both.

The TV show is okay, but it's a mess. It's too much like Lost where they just drag things out and try to spin you in circles. Whatever. If it gets too stupid, I'll just quit watching it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

"Discovered" these movies in the early 90s while at University - absolutely love them!!!
Waiting for the long game on the TV show - was kind of expecting similar motives to Future World.

BTW - can't remember what episode in season 1 but I loved that they had the original music and in the far back ground while in a tunnel there was a very Yul Brynner looking (although out of focus) black gun slinger against the wall
Post 19 IP   flag post
Good eye.

They did a piano rendition to nirvana’s "heart shaped box" 2 weeks ago
Post 20 IP   flag post
Last night's episode was shocking. Wow brah
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
ok, the indian ep was really good, easily best of Season 2. (Hanzo from Fargo!)
Haven't seen the follow-up, but will catch up tonight
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm up to date. It stays interesting because I like Anthony Hopkins. I'm getting tired of the characters.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I found the subtitles really annoying in the episode featuring the indian.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
I found the subtitles really annoying in the episode featuring the indian.

Yeah. Me too, but I figured out the stuff on screen pretty much told the story without most of those words.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The Ghost Nation episode was better than the Shogun World episode. I am loving the show and I hope the finale does not disappoint.
Post 26 IP   flag post
598100 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?