Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Has this been discussed yet? Daughter of Lobo Debuts in Teen Titans #20. An All New All Different Teen Titans team is coming out in Teen Titans #20. This includes several first appearances, including what appears to be the daughter of the Main Man himself, Lobo. - Posted in comicsheatingup.net

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
What ever happened to the Lobo movie?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Never heard but it would be cool if done right
Post 3 IP   flag post
Lobo movie info.

clickable text

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Has this been discussed yet? Daughter of Lobo Debuts in Teen Titans #20. An All New All Different Teen Titans team is coming out in Teen Titans #20. This includes several first appearances, including what appears to be the daughter of the Main Man himself, Lobo. - Posted in comicsheatingup.net

Seeing as how the release isn't until July and CHU just broke the story...no I don't think it's been discussed. Not sure how big a deal Lobos daughter is, to be honest. Does anyone really care about lobo to begin with? I know he has his followers, but his first appearance isn't off the wall crazy in value. Looks like you can get a 9.8 for less than $300. for a comic from 1983, that isn't a lot.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Nevertheless, as a fan of Lobo, I ordered a "few".

Just hope her boobs are as big as Power Girls. That makes or breaks a comic character female.

As a point of reference. I ordered NO Red Goblin stuff.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Just hope her boobs are as big as Power Girls
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just hope her boobs are as big as Power Girls. That makes or breaks a comic character female.

Are you saying if the red goblin had boobs like power girl you would have picked up some issues? I'm confused by your point of reference 😉
Post 8 IP   flag post
Like the old adage, sex sells. Or in this case, boobs.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Lobo has a deadpool vibe to him. I would think a crazy violent movie would be well received. I know I would be all about it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Are you saying if the red goblin had boobs like power girl you would have picked up some issues? I'm confused by your point of reference 😉

Like the old adage, sex sells. In this case boobs. OGJ answered it before I did.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster When does Teen Titans #20 come out? I'm guessing there will be multiple variant covers for this issue too?
Post 12 IP   flag post
On sale 7-4-18
Post 13 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Thank you. One more question. Is the above image the Babs Tarr variant or regular cover? Any idea which cover will the limited one or will they be 50/50?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Sorry, I don't know that info.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@OGJackster That's cool. Thanks for the heads up on this book. 👍🏻
Post 16 IP   flag post
There is a going to be a TEEN TITANS #20 (VARIANT COVER - BABS TARR). Haven't seen it yet.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Yeah. That's the one I was asking about in my above post. I wonder if it'll be more scarce than the regular cover.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I ordered a few of each. But the Babs Tarr variant cover pic has not been released yet. So I ordered some of each. The above pic is the regular cover (cover A).

They will come out in July.

It is supposed to be the first appearance of more than just Lobo's daughter (wonder what her name will be), and the formation of a new Teen Titans group.

For two or three dollars each, you can't go wrong with getting one of each. You know, just in case.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Did you order them from your LCS or somewhere else? I was looking at Things From Another World, but I've never ordered from them. Any suggestions?

The character's name is Crush. Seems a bit lame, but maybe the character will be cool.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I went with Midtowncomics. Ordered ten of each, with cover B being sight unseen. All told, it cost me $57 and change delivered for 20 copies. But they do have in the small print that they CAN increase the price if demand for something goes haywire. Even after you already ordered and paid. But they say it is rare that they do that.

"Crush" huh. Would be cool if she were orange. Ha Ha
Post 21 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Thank you. I'll take a look at Midtown. An orange character would be fun.

Well, here she is:

Post 22 IP   flag post
Hmmm.... no big boobs. Looks like a pink rocker who weighs 79 lbs and wearing a smile face belt buckle.

Not impressed with my speculation thus far.

I was so looking forward to calling her Orange Crush, after the soda pop and the Denver Broncos.

Ha Ha

She looks better on the cover above.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hmmm.... no big boobs. Looks like a pink rocker who weighs 79 lbs and wearing a smile face belt buckle.

Not impressed with my speculation thus far.

I was so looking forward to calling her Orange Crush, after the soda pop and the Denver Broncos.

Ha Ha

She looks better on the cover above.

The funny thing is, Teen Titans #20 could be one of those books that sells for $25 shipped a week sith in its' release.

It could also have legs, if Lobo's daughter is confirmed as a character in the Lobo movie. Actually, it would have legs, if she is used in the movie.

The speculation of that alone could make it a hot book.

Or it could be a book that everyone abd their mother, buys 20 copies of, as you're doing...and she isn't used in the movie.

Than it'd be a $2-$3 book..maybe a $5 book...or a $10 book.

I can order as many copies as I want at 40% off cover thru a LCS in my area, long as I prepay for them.

Gotta say I'm tempted.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
This book will be known to many collectors. It is not something which should catch people by surprise given the news broke while it can still be pre-ordered and before printrun is determined.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
This book will be known to many collectors. It is not something which should catch people by surprise given the news broke while it can still be pre-ordered and before printrun is determined.

Yeah, I know.

I think the sfter market will push/feed the eventual speculation of Lobo's daughter as a character in the Lobo movie.

It depends, though.....as you noted, this book is being touted as the 1st app of a new team, and the book itself is already a good seller i.e. not short printed.

The only modern, mainstream superhero book that has come put in the past couple of years and that blew up to a $20-$30+ book and did not tank....that I can think of, is Totally Awesome Hulk #22.

That is a book that was touted as the 1st appearance of Weapon H; a Hulk/Wolverine hybrid character, in Diamond pteviews, 2 months before it hit stands (maybe 6 weeks before it was printed)...and that book is averaging around $190+ in 9.8, trending upward.

But, it was a title that most shops never really carried, to begin with, so it was still very short printed.

Teen Titans is not a short printed book.

Than again, neither is ASM....and people are paying good money for the 1st app of Red Goblin and the assorted variant schlop.

Not TAH 22 kind of money, though.
Post 26 IP   flag post
what DC books (non shop variants) with new characters (or leading up to new characters) in the past few years have been good flips? Other than TT12, I can't think of any. Maybe DNM Red Death? On the other hand, marvel has a fair amount (TAH 22, Avengers 676, ASM 795, Moon Girl 28 are the ones off the top of my head).

DC just doesn't generate the same flip interest...at least not out of the gate. Given that trend, I'm not seeing how TT20"this will be differnt or the next TT12 for DC. But we'll see. Will likely grab the best conditioned copy I can find off the rack.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Lobo's daughter (wonder what her name will be)

My money is on Oboe... Lobo and Oboe.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
what DC books (non shop variants) with new characters (or leading up to new characters) in the past few years have been good flips? Other than TT12, I can't think of any. Maybe DNM Red Death? On the other hand, marvel has a fair amount (TAH 22, Avengers 676, ASM 795, Moon Girl 28 are the ones off the top of my head).

DC just doesn't generate the same flip interest...at least not out of the gate. Given that trend, I'm not seeing how TT20"this will be differnt or the next TT12 for DC. But we'll see. Will likely grab the best conditioned copy I can find off the rack.

Yup, Marvel books do generate more "flippage" material...my guess is it is due to the combination of Marvel's more prominent position in the film/TV market, which influences the speculator after market.

Waaaay more Marvel TV shows are successful, and even exist, on TV/cable, than DC. (just look at Netflix for the TV/cable side....are there any DC Netflix shows at all?) and the fact that most of the past few years film wise,Marvel movies being, as a whole, much more critically , fan and commercially well received than DC movies.

Wonder Woman is the only DC film that was a huge success for DC, on all fronts.

DC had finally wised up though, with capitalizing on the cultural aspect of WW and the whole #metoo cultural shift by picking a female director for Birds Of Prey, followed with having a huge name like Spielberg usher forth a Blackhawk movie.

That said, I think the tide will change for modern DC's.

TT 12 though, is a hell of a slammer and AFAIK, the Batman who laughs has nothing to do with DC film or TV properties so it is an outlier....With GPA on 9.8's averaging just under $300, with (3) 9.8's selling at the $400 and above mark ( $400, $400 and $450 )...it is insane to think that a modern book, just published a few months ago, would be an instant $250-$275 sale in 9.8, if popped on eBay for a quick BIN.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh god this is super lame. i just died and came back to tell you all that.

Post 30 IP   flag post
600638 91 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?