Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionQuestions

Infinity War Discussion !!!!SPOILERS!!!6187

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Chris Pratt's success with Jurassic Park makes it unlikely that he'll be in the next Guardians movie. I think all the characters standing at the end of the movie are standing because Marvel considered them the biggest box office draw. How many people would give up on Avengers 4 if they saw Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk dead at the end of this movie? For that reason, I think you see them all alive. Falcon is not so critical for box office sales.

I'm wondering if all the CGI guys that normally work on Hulk were too busy working on Thanos for this movie.

I know that wiki is not that reliable but look at the starring list
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Avengers_film

Even Loki is in the list
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Also I don’t understand the battle scene in Wakunda

not sure who the military strategists they used on the movie. I would have thought that In a situation like that - you only let as many in as you think you can defeat. Hence - they should have block the access to the section they opened after a while

But of course that was not the point of the movie 😆

There's a lot of things they should've done. Starlord should've been helping get the guantlet off his hand or prying the stones loose. The people with the stones should've been using them as a weapon instead of hiding them or handing them over.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Also I don’t understand the battle scene in Wakunda

not sure who the military strategists they used on the movie. I would have thought that In a situation like that - you only let as many in as you think you can defeat. Hence - they should have block the access to the section they opened after a while

But of course that was not the point of the movie 😆

There's a lot of things they should've done. Starlord should've been helping get the guantlet off his hand or prying the stones loose. The people with the stones should've been using them as a weapon instead of hiding them or handing them over.

Thanos' cronies and even Thanos himself seemed to have some awareness of the general locations of the stones, so trying to hide them was pretty much pointless.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Chris Pratt's success with Jurassic Park makes it unlikely that he'll be in the next Guardians movie. I think all the characters standing at the end of the movie are standing because Marvel considered them the biggest box office draw. How many people would give up on Avengers 4 if they saw Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk dead at the end of this movie? For that reason, I think you see them all alive. Falcon is not so critical for box office sales.

I'm wondering if all the CGI guys that normally work on Hulk were too busy working on Thanos for this movie.

Even Loki is in the list

I think it's incomplete. We could still see Lawrence Fishburne as Black Goliath or as an assisting character.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
I dont think it was a coincidence that the Avengers 'original 6' remained at the end. After all it is still an avengers movie. But for 1 or 2 of them, its more than likely their last hurrah.

As for who remains dead, Loki and Heimdall are safe bets. Id say everyone that was 'dusted' with the snap, comes back. Gamora lives. I think she is going to be the key to defeating Thanos. Plus i cant see a Guardians 3 without her..

As for Doc Strange giving up the Time Stone. I think he saw that the only scenario where they come out (of the 14 million) involves Tony Starks.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino_013
I dont think it was a coincidence that the Avengers 'original 6' remained at the end. After all it is still an avengers movie. But for 1 or 2 of them, its more than likely their last hurrah.

As for who remains dead, Loki and Heimdall are safe bets. Id say everyone that was 'dusted' with the snap, comes back. Gamora lives. I think she is going to be the key to defeating Thanos. Plus i cant see a Guardians 3 without her..

As for Doc Strange giving up the Time Stone. I think he saw that the only scenario where they come out (of the 14 million) involves Tony Starks.

I think Marvel is going to reverse things back far enough to revive Heimdall & Loki. Idris Elba is a respected talent and Loki has been a popular villain. Valkyrie has a lot of potential for a Defenders movie. Groot was playing Defender.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
What I wanna know is; guessing reincarnation is real or maybe Thanos made it reality thats how he comes back as Nathan Summers in the future and becomes Cable as we see him go back in the past in Deadpool 2. Also when did Deadpool turn into the Green Lantern and jump into another comic book realm? Or is it the other way around?
Post 82 IP   flag post
There was the key line in Deadpool that the character did not want to come back in a green suit. There's a definite memory about Deadpool being Green Lantern.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
There's a lot of things they should've done. Starlord should've been helping get the guantlet off his hand or prying the stones loose.

Yeah, he really screwed the pooch getting so emotional just then, ruining the plan. All he had to do was pull out a laser cutter and slice off Thanos' arm. Or put a bullet in his eye. Just, you know, keep the eye on the big picture. That way, he gets some revenge AND saves the day. But no. Had to be angry guy ... wakes 'em up and gets his ass kicked.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
There was the key line in Deadpool that the character did not want to come back in a green suit. There's a definite memory about Deadpool being Green Lantern.

Did you see the new Deadpool trailer? Best line of all was Deadpool talking to Cable: "Wow, you are SO dark. Are you sure you're not from the DC Universe?"
Post 85 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have never read any Dr. Strange comics. Well, not since the 60's. It was sure surprising to me how powerful he is in the movies.

I get the feeling that Stark is going to be instrumental in ending this Thanos thread. He is looking old and tired and rumors have it he wants out of being Iron Man. So I see him dying off for good and another person wearing the suit.

It saddened me to see Thanos crying. This is Thanos, who wants to destroy everything and everyone.

And where is the FF, DD, Silver Surfer, and all the rest of the Marvel heroes? Even the Marvel villains should be wanting to fight against the end of the solar system.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Even Loki is in the list

I’m sorry but I can’t see a GOTG without Chris Pratt. No Star Lord? That can’t work, I can’t begin to comprehend that.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I think Marvel is going to reverse things back far enough to revive Heimdall & Loki. Idris Elba is a respected talent and Loki has been a popular villain. Valkyrie has a lot of potential for a Defenders movie. Groot was playing Defender.

Doubt it. I'd be shocked and disappointed if they did. If some of the consequences aren't permanent, itd just feel cheap. They might as well just make so it was all just a dream, since there wass nothing ever really at stake.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
BTW @GanaSoth, that's a pretty impressive feat of eidetic memory there, with the direct quotes. Or do you have access to the movie somehow?

Actually, I messed up...

Dr. Strange: I went forward in time, to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.
Tony Stark: How many did you see?
Dr. Strange: 14,000,605.
Tony Stark: How many did we win?
Dr. Strange: One...

It was STAR-LORD that asked Dr Strange the question: How many did you see? Not Tony.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I agree except I believe Gamora will stays dead. I think she brings the most emotional part to the movie and if she comes back along with all the others it will seem like it would weaken the premise of the movie. Overall I liked the movie, except I feel it had a few too many goofy moments with Starlord, Thor and a few other moments. This lady behind me was laughing histerically like it was a dambed Melissa McCarthy comedy. Uuhgg.
Post 90 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I saw the movie on Saturday and I definitely have some thoughts about it.

Apparently Avengers 4 = 'Avengers: Endgame'
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Saw it on Saturday and completely enjoyed it. Worst part it that we have to wait a year to see the conclusion.

As to the Dr. Strange giving the time stone to Thanos, yes I think it is part of his plan and the 1 scenario he found that would lead to defeating Thanos in the end. And as he says, "We're in the end game now." So in the next movie, we'll find out what the game is.

It reminds me a bit of the first season of "The Magicians" on SyFy. During that season, one of the characters had a device to create a time loop where they used different scenarios to find one that would defeat "the beast", the bad guy in that season. The person finally did something counter-intuitive, which somehow led to a scenario where the beast was defeated.

I think it will be something similar, that giving up the time stone voluntarily is counter-intuitive to defeating Thanos, but it caused just enough of a change to allow them to ultimately defeat him.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I was pretty satisified with how Thanos looked and sounded. In comparison, much better than how Sony portayed Apocalypse.
I wish Marvel had the rights for Scarlet Witch to be wearing her traditional red costume. That would have been bad ass. I figured they would have worked that out since the last time they used her in Civil War. Guys, let me know if I am missing something. Again, I think it would have been SO much more appealing especially with her having some serious moments with Vision. Any one agree?
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips - yes, she should have looked more like her character in the comics, for sure.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Doubt it. I'd be shocked and disappointed if they did. If some of the consequences aren't permanent, itd just feel cheap. They might as well just make so it was all just a dream, since there wass nothing ever really at stake.

It'd be just like the comics if that happened.
Post 95 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Man and Nebula still have vital roles to play, in fact I would posit that these are the two who Strange saw in his magical look at the possible future outcomes.
Post 96 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Maybe he lives so Paltrow suits up to come save him.

Oh my god I'd pay extra to see THAT.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Maybe he lives so Paltrow suits up to come save him.

Oh my god I'd pay extra to see THAT.

Yes, you never know what Glyneth is carrying in her pocket.
Post 98 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Stark did ask Dr Strange the question. My short term memory blows now.
Post 99 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I had a hard time distinguishing between Iron Man and Spidey. Their outfits look so much alike.

And to be honest. It took me several minutes to figure out who the handsome guy with the facial hair was. It was of course Cap. I kind of need the recognizable costumes in the action sequences.

Yea, I'm old.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I had a hard time distinguishing between Iron Man and Spidey. Their outfits look so much alike.

And to be honest. It took me several minutes to figure out who the handsome guy with the facial hair was. It was of course Cap. I kind of need the recognizable costumes in the action sequences.

Yea, I'm old.

No, it wasn't just you. Every ad I was like, who is that guy? He looks so different with his beard. I kept thinking it was almost Thor but not quite. It sure didn't look like Chris Evans.

Also, the Spidey suit with the legs was silly. I prefer Spider-Man to just be Spider-Man, and not some weird version of Iron Man.
Post 101 IP   flag post
White people all look alike.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Iron spider I liked it
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
White people all look alike.

We really do.
Post 104 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
With Disney buying Fox it should be interesting to see if any X-Men make it into the next chapter. Wolverine had a big role in this story in the comics.

With Loki dead I was surprised they didn't bring Mephisto into the story yet.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601256 162 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?