Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionQuestions

Infinity War Discussion !!!!SPOILERS!!!6187

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The scenes with Thanos really dragged after starting with an amped up beginning.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
If he found a way and had a plan, I believe it died with him when he went poof. He never left (portal) he never told anyone anything different. He told Tony there was a 1 in 14 million+ chance they could defeat Thanos in the battle on Titan (Which he confessed before he died he lied, there was no chance in defeating Thanos.)

No, I think he said there was only one way to defeat Thanos, period. Not "defeat Thanos in the battle on Titan." And I don't know what lie you are referring to ... what Dr. Strange did WAS "the only way" to defeat Thanos.

Remember, it's not one CHANCE in 14 million. It's one SOLUTION out of 14 million possible combinations to try. And Strange saw that solution.

I was going back and forth, on whether the 50% cull will be undone in Avengers 4. Morales could replace Parker in Homecoming 2; Shuri could be the next Black Panther (which would be awesome); Dr. Strange can be replaced with the next Sorcerer Supreme.

The Guardians of the Galaxy is a little problematic, with only two of them left and Starlord gone. Not sure what the next movie could be, unless Starlord's genetic heritage somehow allows him to come back. But its a bold choice, to end 10 years of a single arc like that, with so many key characters dead and the Avengers defeated.

But in the end, that won't stick. They WILL reverse it somehow. Foghorn_Sam said it: if they don't, then what's the point? Thanos did what he wanted to do, killed half the universe. He's done. Retired. The heroes dont have anything to stop in the next movie, without Thanos.

But they do have one thing to undo.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
If he found a way and had a plan, I believe it died with him when he went poof. He never left (portal) he never told anyone anything different. He told Tony there was a 1 in 14 million+ chance they could defeat Thanos in the battle on Titan (Which he confessed before he died he lied, there was no chance in defeating Thanos.)

No, I think he said there was only one way to defeat Thanos, period. Not "defeat Thanos in the battle on Titan." And I don't know what lie you are referring to ... what Dr. Strange did WAS "the only way" to defeat Thanos.

Remember, it's not one CHANCE in 14 million. It's one SOLUTION out of 14 million possible combinations to try. And Strange saw that solution.

I was going back and forth, on whether the 50% cull will be undone in Avengers 4. Morales could replace Parker in Homecoming 2; Shuri could be the next Black Panther (which would be awesome); Dr. Strange can be replaced with the next Sorcerer Supreme.

The Guardians of the Galaxy is a little problematic, with only two of them left and Starlord gone. Not sure what the next movie could be, unless Starlord's genetic heritage somehow allows him to come back. But its a bold choice, to end 10 years of a single arc like that, with so many key characters dead and the Avengers defeated.

But in the end, that won't stick. They WILL reverse it somehow. Foghorn_Sam said it: if they don't, then what's the point? Thanos did what he wanted to do, killed half the universe. He's done. Retired. The heroes dont have anything to stop in the next movie, without Thanos.

Chadwick Boseman and Benedict Cumberbatch are too large of a draw to be replaced so soon. So I doubt that they will remain dead, as for Guardians, only Rockets left I thought, Gamora was obviously taken out and Starlord, Mantis, Drax and Groot dissolved. Though I’m assuming you are referring to Nebula as the second, which makes sense. Holland’s no going anywhere either, they’d set up an Ultimate universe or some transitions for Miles Morales. Marvel always sets up the next move, so any of the aforementioned characters have no heir apparent. One of the big 3 is gonna be the big sacrifice, Cap has the most “replacements” as Bucky or Falcon could succeed him, Iron Man doesn’t really have someone set up but I think he will “retire” rather than be killed and Thor could go, but again, I don’t know who would “replace” him. Ultimately, my opinion is Cap will likely die, and of the current dead, I’m really only concerned with Gamora, Scarlett Witch and Vision not coming back. Nebula could replace Gamora while Vision and Scarlett Witches story line seems to be at the end. Falcon, War Machine and Bucky are likely to come back. Though as I type, I realize War Machine could replace Iron Man, but marvel might want to retire Downey so they could conceivably call him back if they need a ratings boost?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid If we gotta get technical:

Dr. Strange: I went forward in time, to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.

Tony Stark: How many did you see?

Dr. Strange: 14,000,605.

Tony Stark: How many did we win?

Dr. Strange: One...

Dr. Strange says "Coming Conflict." They were on Titan at that moment and they knew Thanos was coming. This was the coming conflict he was running through his mind with his gem to see if they had a chance. One out of 14,000,605.

But then again, he could have been talking about the entire conflict... But he never told anyone that he would be dead nor all the other super-heroes that would go poof. If he knew he was going to go poof, he also would have seen that Tony would have been left alive, therefore he would have told Tony about the ONE possible win and what he needed to do in order to make it happen. Just my opinion.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:

Dr. Strange: I went forward in time, to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.

Dr. Strange says "Coming Conflict." They were on Titan at that moment and they knew Thanos was coming. This was the coming conflict he was running through his mind with his gem to see if they had a chance. One out of 14,000,605.

But then again, he could have been talking about the entire conflict... But he never told anyone that he would be dead nor all the other super-heroes that would go poof. If he knew he was going to go poof, he also would have seen that Tony would have been left alive, therefore he would have told Tony about the ONE possible win and what he needed to do in order to make it happen. Just my opinion.

I’m gonna play devils advocate here. He couldn’t tell Stark. If he told Stark, Stark might have tried to make it happen, where the one scenario where they win, has to happen organically. It’s like being told your future, if you know where you are going to end up, you will go out of your way to try and get there, and during that process you may make a wrong decision thinking that it’s the right one. That make sense or is that too out there?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Chadwick Boseman and Benedict Cumberbatch are too large of a draw to be replaced so soon. So I doubt that they will remain dead, as for Guardians, only Rockets left I thought, Gamora was obviously taken out and Starlord, Mantis, Drax and Groot dissolved. Though I’m assuming you are referring to Nebula as the second, which makes sense. Holland’s no going anywhere either, they’d set up an Ultimate universe or some transitions for Miles Morales. Marvel always sets up the next move, so any of the aforementioned characters have no heir apparent. One of the big 3 is gonna be the big sacrifice, Cap has the most “replacements” as Bucky or Falcon could succeed him, Iron Man doesn’t really have someone set up but I think he will “retire” rather than be killed and Thor could go, but again, I don’t know who would “replace” him. Ultimately, my opinion is Cap will likely die, and of the current dead, I’m really only concerned with Gamora, Scarlett Witch and Vision not coming back. Nebula could replace Gamora while Vision and Scarlett Witches story line seems to be at the end. Falcon, War Machine and Bucky are likely to come back. Though as I type, I realize War Machine could replace Iron Man, but marvel might want to retire Downey so they could conceivably call him back if they need a ratings boost?

None of the leading characters will die. Like in comics - characters can be revived. Will guarantee that even Loki is not dead
Post 56 IP   flag post
If Loki comes back that would be cheap, I’d seriously be disappointed if everyone was ok in the end. They even alluded to Loki cheating death so many time, that would be weak in my opinion
Post 57 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I’m gonna play devils advocate here. He couldn’t tell Stark. If he told Stark, Stark might have tried to make it happen, where the one scenario where they win, has to happen organically. It’s like being told your future, if you know where you are going to end up, you will go out of your way to try and get there, and during that process you may make a wrong decision thinking that it’s the right one. That make sense or is that too out there?

Exactly
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
If Loki comes back that would be cheap, I’d seriously be disappointed if everyone was ok in the end. They even alluded to Loki cheating death so many time, that would be weak in my opinion

Precisely - how many times has he not died before - he is the master of presumably dying. Remember he is very skillful with illusions
Post 59 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Loki is a master of illusion. So is Dr Strange. Never forget that. We may have witnessed copies of them dying. Dr Strange could have still had an illusion give the real stone to Thanos.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This has the potential to be the highest grossing film of all time. Unlikely you would kill the golden goose, or Loki, Star-Lord or any of them. Had it bombed, maybe.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Loki is a master of illusion. So is Dr Strange. Never forget that. We may have witnessed copies of them dying. Dr Strange could have still had an illusion give the real stone to Thanos.

But if it was an illusion, Thanos couldn’t have used it to reverse time and take the Mind stone from Vision right? An illusion of the Time Stone wouldn’t be able to actually DO the same thing, it would only look like it?
Post 62 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I said real stone tho
Post 63 IP   flag post
Oh I get it, it was Dr Stranges illusion of giving away the stone, like a copy of him
Post 64 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
It's obvious Capt. Marvel is part of the puzzle and I believe her, Dr. Strange and the time stone are connected in some way that will bring about a victory for our heroes in the next movie. How they play it out is of course why we will go see the next movie.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
But Strange's Illusion's were shattered by Thanos when they fought on Titan. (It was a great try by Strange tho.) I''m sure Thanos would know if he was the real Strange or an illusion. And when Strange disintegrates, it wasn't that Thanos' power could be fooled. It was omnipresent, and there was no running or hiding from it.

As for Strange not telling Tony the one way to defeat Thanos because it might actually change the real outcome, well, by telling him how could have also forced Tony into actually making the one possibility happen as well. It could go either way.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Remember the old times where every Saturday night there would be an episode of any given series where the superhero either appeared dead or was in a total hopeless situation just for the next episode to show have he managed to get away with it.

It is called a cliff hanger 😆
Post 67 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
But he never told anyone that he would be dead nor all the other super-heroes that would go poof. If he knew he was going to go poof, he also would have seen that Tony would have been left alive, therefore he would have told Tony about the ONE possible win and what he needed to do in order to make it happen. Just my opinion.

Well, they had a couple hours off-screen. That's time enough for a long conversation about what's going to happen, and what Stark needs to do. They wouldn't show that in this movie, as it would ruin the surprise and suspense.

I think Dr. Strange is still connected somehow to the Time Stone, as someone suggested. That will come into play. And I think Vision will be repaired, but will still have a connection to the Mind Stone. He alluded to maybe being able to control it eventually. That will come into play, too.

And perhaps Loki pulled a trick with the Space Stone? As well as a very difficult illusion on the whole dying ploy? I think it wasn't him with the knife, somehow, but an illusion. I mean, where did the knife come from, anyway? Does Loki have the power to make one out of thin air like that?

Well, it makes sense, that a bunch of things have to come together to make an attack on Thanos successful. Maybe that is the way ... to find an approach to attack / control some or all of the infinity stones individually.

BTW @GanaSoth, that's a pretty impressive feat of eidetic memory there, with the direct quotes. Or do you have access to the movie somehow?
Post 68 IP   flag post
Let us remember who and what Dr. Strange is, this movie in terms of magic was "the Pledge" and "the Turn", the next movie will be the "the Prestige". As far as Dr. Strange telling Tony anything, the secret of the trick, the first rule of magic is “Never reveal the trick”.
Post 69 IP   flag post
I think Dr. Strange said exactly what needed to be said to achieve that 1 in 14 million outcome. I think everything he said is relevant.
1) He bargained for Tony Stark's life. That seems to be significant since Thanos was going to kill him. It also could explain why he wasn't choking up blood at the end of the battle. Maybe he lives so Paltrow suits up to come save him.
2) He said "This is the Endgame." That's a strange choice of words when every word matters. Perhaps the Grandmaster has a role later in the sequel and this is all a game.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Anyway - I thought scarlet witch was amazing whereas I was disappointed that vision didn’t used his skills better
Post 71 IP   flag post
Yes, it was disappointing that the Vision, who should have been one the most powerful, was rendered pretty useless and was essentially a liability for all the film. A big "miss" over what could have been.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Anyway - I thought scarlet witch was amazing whereas I was disappointed that vision didn’t used his skills better

Marvel doesn't seem to realize how cool the Vision was when he first appeared in comics. His relationship with Wanda really ruined everything cool about him. That's a horrible place to start with him.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Also I don’t understand the battle scene in Wakunda

not sure who the military strategists they used on the movie. I would have thought that In a situation like that - you only let as many in as you think you can defeat. Hence - they should have block the access to the section they opened after a while

But of course that was not the point of the movie 😆
Post 74 IP   flag post
Chris Pratt's success with Jurassic Park makes it unlikely that he'll be in the next Guardians movie. I think all the characters standing at the end of the movie are standing because Marvel considered them the biggest box office draw. How many people would give up on Avengers 4 if they saw Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk dead at the end of this movie? For that reason, I think you see them all alive. Falcon is not so critical for box office sales.

I'm wondering if all the CGI guys that normally work on Hulk were too busy working on Thanos for this movie.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Chris Pratt's success with Jurassic Park makes it unlikely that he'll be in the next Guardians movie. I think all the characters standing at the end of the movie are standing because Marvel considered them the biggest box office draw. How many people would give up on Avengers 4 if they saw Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk dead at the end of this movie? For that reason, I think you see them all alive. Falcon is not so critical for box office sales.

I'm wondering if all the CGI guys that normally work on Hulk were too busy working on Thanos for this movie.

I know that wiki is not that reliable but look at the starring list
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Avengers_film

Even Loki is in the list
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:

not sure who the military strategists they used on the movie. I would have thought that In a situation like that - you only let as many in as you think you can defeat. Hence - they should have block the access to the section they opened after a while

There's a lot of things they should've done. Starlord should've been helping get the guantlet off his hand or prying the stones loose. The people with the stones should've been using them as a weapon instead of hiding them or handing them over.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

There's a lot of things they should've done. Starlord should've been helping get the guantlet off his hand or prying the stones loose. The people with the stones should've been using them as a weapon instead of hiding them or handing them over.

Thanos' cronies and even Thanos himself seemed to have some awareness of the general locations of the stones, so trying to hide them was pretty much pointless.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I know that wiki is not that reliable but look at the starring list
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Avengers_film

Even Loki is in the list

I think it's incomplete. We could still see Lawrence Fishburne as Black Goliath or as an assisting character.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
I dont think it was a coincidence that the Avengers 'original 6' remained at the end. After all it is still an avengers movie. But for 1 or 2 of them, its more than likely their last hurrah.

As for who remains dead, Loki and Heimdall are safe bets. Id say everyone that was 'dusted' with the snap, comes back. Gamora lives. I think she is going to be the key to defeating Thanos. Plus i cant see a Guardians 3 without her..

As for Doc Strange giving up the Time Stone. I think he saw that the only scenario where they come out (of the 14 million) involves Tony Starks.
Post 80 IP   flag post
598060 162 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?