Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Please rank these in order of collectibility and value. Value = room to grow as opposed to being mostly maxed out.
ASM 46
ASM 50
ASM 121
ASM 122

Thank to all
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know that Amazing Spider-Man will ever be “maxed out”. Of the issues you listed, 122 is the horse to bet on, although 50 and 121 are good choices as well. 46 is the dark horse here, but has perhaps the most potential upside if the Shocker ever got major movie exposure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
For room to grow, I’d go with 50, 46, 122, 121. I feel first appearance of Kingpin is still under valued. My opinion of course!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I would go highest to lowest on those four books.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
They all have their place in ASM's key issues. I find them all equally important (personally).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
I don’t know that Amazing Spider-Man will ever be “maxed out”. Of the issues you listed, 122 is the horse to bet on, although 50 and 121 are good choices as well. 46 is the dark horse here, but has perhaps the most potential upside if the Shocker ever got major movie exposure.
The Shocker ( 2 of them) had their debut in ASM Homecoming which I felt was done extremely well. So I do not think #46 has a whole lot of room left. I always thought #50 1st Kingpin seamed a little pricey to me compared to some of the other more colorful villians like the Scorpion and the Rhino. However besides Netflix Daredevil, I feel Kingpin could have a bigger roll on the Silver Screen. Kingpin was in the Daredevil movie back in 2003 but that movie was easy to forget.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with the consensus that appears to be emerging. Issue 50 is - IMHO - by FAR the best on the list. The first appearance of a MAJOR character. It also helps that it is an iconic cover.

Comic fans can't seem -- over time -- to decide which issue of the 121-122 storyline is more important. Gwen Stacy was an (important) supporting character. Who recently has come to be alive in an alternate universe and owns the "spider-person" title. But that's an alternate universe and Mary Jane Watson was to be the real love of Spider-Man's life. A move I approve of because it's hard to deny that MJW was and is a far more interesting character. The Death of the Green Goblin was indeed a major event - but much watered down by the fact he didn't stay dead.

The Shocker is a minor villain. End of story.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I think #42 is undervalued when you consider it's probably one of the best and iconic reveals in the Spider-Man mythos.
On the last few panels, fans were treated with this....

"Nuff said"
Post 9 IP   flag post
598083 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?