Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Strange Tales question6157

Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
Because I value your opinions (lord knows there are plenty on here..lol) Is $1900.00 too much for Strange Tales 110, CGC 5.5??

Thanks folks!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
$1950 is the 12 month average per GPA for a 5.5.

Last 5.5 sold for $2019.

90 day is $1887.

Doc Strange 169 and ST 110 are trending upward again,after a post Doc Strange movie slump, due to Infinity War and Black Panther.

$1900 is a fair price.

Breakdown:
4) $1,950 (3) $1,887 (1) $2,019
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Ginosdad I got a 6.0 st 110 if you want to buy
Post 3 IP   flag post
@kingnampa thanks! But I’m actually looking to sell mine. Some unforeseen medical expenses have forced me to sell one of my books and it drew the short straw
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
That data is not really much use, but it's good of you to try to help the OP out.

@Ginosdad

I would say if you have an offer of $1900, take it.

Request that the buyer pay $25 towards insured shipping, you pay the rest.

Pack the slab very well, ship with full insurance....and ship with signature confirmation of the addressee required

Pay for the shipping online, less paperwork and you get a shipping discount. Especially if sold on eBay.

Good idea to record yourself boxing up & taping the slab, as well as handing the box to the ups clerk.

Shoot your camera lens over all corners to show the tape is secure and the box had not been tampered with.

I do this on all higher dollar shipments.

Lower dollar shipments as well, when I am selling to an eBay buyer with low feedback.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
@kingnampa thanks! But I’m actually looking to sell mine. Some unforeseen medical expenses have forced me to sell one of my books and it drew the short straw

See my post above.GLWTS!
Post 7 IP   flag post
If this is not your listing....having a 5.5 listed at this price makes $1900 look all the better, for the buyer.

👍
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I've owned 5 lower grade ST# 110's in my collecting history. I have 3 now. I bought one in Good condition for $30. My best copy was acquired in trade. I've never had more than $105 in one. $1900 is probably a fair price, but that really makes me glad that I'm not a high grade collector. I like simply owning the comic. I'd never pay that much for one. Before anyone asks, none of mine are for sale.

Post 9 IP   flag post
@copperagekids thanks for the advice! Will put it up today. Appreciate the help, that’s why I like this group. Plenty of opinions but very helpful! Forced to sell a few books. Heavy heart but without hesitation..son needs an insulin pump.

Thanks guys! Will post soon with pics
Post 10 IP   flag post
597867 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?