Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Golden AgeComics Restoration and ConservationSignatures

Golden Age Comic Spine Roll Question6143

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
@martymann that's amazing, must have some great books!

Love hearing about these types of collections, and even better that you are here to share it with us!

It's my pleasure to share whenever I can!

Marty
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Savage_Spawn those are easy ones.

Here’s a good example. Saw some weird lookin meeseeks dude post this one recently

(credit to @kaptainmyke)

What would be a real doozy is seeing this book get a restored label for trimming, when subbed for grading.

The book was miscut at the top, original staple placement being off center looked like it had a lot to do (by way of causation) with the original spine roll.

But upon pressing, all of that would be much less readily apparent.

The book would just look like a book that may have been trimmed at the top.

I pressed the book myself. It was not trimmed nor will it get a restored/trimmed notation on the label.

Post 27 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@QuaBrot
The staples way off center.

OO

mm
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
A lot of EC horror books have miswraps and staples off center. It certainly effects grade.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
There is a smugness when you take a spine roll book that will barely fit into a bag and turn it into a more normal book.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Definitely.

Post 31 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'll give you smug.

Post 32 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Spine roll removal before final pressing and cleaning.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics Joe, show off!
Post 34 IP   flag post
596795 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?