CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

My first CBCS book...614

Collector JayLefler private msg quote post Address this user

Pretty snazzy. Nice appearance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Damn know I am kicking myself for not getting a copy of it. But I went to Dallas Fan Expo and got 3 books signed, witness, and getting graded. Will be getting that Justice League Aspen that is coming up. Great first book
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I missed the original sale, but did manage to grab 2 copies of the color version from a 3rd party eBay seller the day after and before the prices got too insane.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector markalyn private msg quote post Address this user
That is awesome! Looks great.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
What a great first CBCS book!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Point6God private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats!! Still waiting on mine, though I will likely have the Color version on display.

As for those who missed out I believe limited quantities are going to be at the Aspen booth at SDCC and some other cons while supplies last. (AKA run there first day)
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bet the Aspen booth sells out in 10 minutes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
They had the Justice League covers go on sale yesterday. Those sold out pretty fast too!
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Justice League sale was a complete cluster blam! They really need a server overhaul. Their site completely refused to cooperate with Firefox, by the time I thought to try Microsoft Edge the sketch cover sets were completely gone, I was lucky enough to grab one of the full color covers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I also feel they need to start limiting sales to one per customer from the start of the sale. EBay flippers are killing it on these things for the collectors who just want a personal copy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I was able to get the maximum number of sets (3), but I had to order 1 at a time.

I was fortunate, but I was in front of the computer right at the time they went on sale (still didn't manage to get any Wave 1 books -- all of mine were from Wave 2).
Post 11 IP   flag post
I was on the computer right at the start too. Unfortunately their shopping cart was not cooperating with my Firefox browser at all, I'd add to cart and my cart would jump to -14 items, and start counting backwards to zero when new items were added, but only non JL#1 items would work. Monkeyed around with it for 30 minutes before thinking to try a different browser. On Edge I had no problems, I actually had a sketch set added to my cart too and by the time I typed in my dang phone number and hit the submit button bam it was gone.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I was able to get one B&W Wave 1 and got two of the colored variants from Wave 2. I am getting this for my Personal Collection because I am not going to resell these to make a quick buck. I got them because they were drawn by one of favorite artist Michael Turner. His work is very inspiring and love his line work for any character weather Witchblade, Darkness, Justice League, Supergirl, Spiderman, Fathom, or Soulfire. I am still hunting for Signed comic that has yellow label from CGC to get with his John Hancock on it lol. I really wanted the Batman ones but spent alot of money at Dallas Fan Expo this month lol.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Turner is my favorite too. Seeing the Batman #1 variant is actually what brought me out of my two year collecting hiatus. Unfortunately I saw it 24 hours after it sold out, which ended up making an eBay seller very happy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
598038 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?