Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestions

Steve Borock interview - move to Dallas6041

Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I have been a member here for nearly two years and have sent off several lots to be graded and encapsulated and I have always been pleased with the final results.

The last lot of ten comics took 22 weeks to arrive which is about the same as the first lot all those months ago.

I have another group of comics to send but with a TAT of nearly 6 months coupled with a relocation that is going to take until June with all the problems of transporting current submissions to a different facility I am quite frankly scared of sending anything to CBCS at this current time.

I shall wait to see what happens of course but my next submission is not going to be here.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Redshade Current TAT is 12 weeks.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know if this has been asked/answered as yet, so my apologies if this is a repeat. Is it the intent to move the press/clean operation of CBCS to the Dallas area as well? I heard that they are staying in Florida.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Redshade Current TAT is 12 weeks.

Are you part of CBCS and can you guarantee that this is true?
Post 129 IP   flag post
@Redshade First pinned thread "CBCS Turnaround" post #12 by Tim Bildhauser (a CBCS employee) states TATs at 12 weeks one week ago. Steve Borock also mentioned it on an interview on Monday.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Also, before this gets screwed up, Steve Borock addressed if grading would be effected because of the move. His reply was that grading would effectively stop for 4 days with two of those days being Friday and Saturday. Steve said it will take two days of traveling just going from Florida to Texas.
Post 131 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 132 IP   flag post
Quote:
Also, before this gets screwed up, Steve Borock addressed if grading would be effected because of the move. His reply was that grading would effectively stop for 4 days with two of those days being Friday and Saturday. Steve said it will take two days of traveling just going from Florida to Texas.

Your "effected" should be "affected".

Sorry
Post 133 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Good news! The illustrious Steve Borock will be joining me and the crew this evening on our weekly YouTube โ€˜cast to tell you all about the move
We start at 8:30 but Steve will be with us closer to 9pm Eastern. Swing by for the details and to ask your questions

https://youtu.be/MnTqqB0Syc8

@JLS_Comics I hit the link about 10 minutes before Steve Borock arrived and remained for the entire duration of the live-cast. It was informative and a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting this!
Post 134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

Sorry

My bad.

But current TAT's are at 12 weeks, not six months.
Post 135 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I got there about 5 minutes early, but I did the same thing!!! LOL
Post 136 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

Sorry

My bad.

But current TAT's are at 12 weeks, not six months.

And Fast Track modern/expanded/consumer as well as raw grade are right at six weeks, based on books I just received.

TAT's have improved.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Etkt Quote:
Originally Posted by Etkt
I do not know if this has been asked/answered as yet, so my apologies if this is a repeat. Is it the intent to move the press/clean operation of CBCS to the Dallas area as well? I heard that they are staying in Florida.

Ya, that ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿป
Post 138 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@JLS_Comics I hit the link about 10 minutes before Steve Borock arrived and remained for the entire duration of the live-cast. It was informative and a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting this!

Quote:
@Pre_Coder I got there about 5 minutes early, but I did the same thing!!! LOL

Thanks, guys! We had a few other topics on the schedule but we ran long on the CBCS topic and the conversation just flowed in to a variety of other topics (as you saw lol) Steve is a great guest! We had him on when the news broke of the Beckett/CBCS merger last year as well. One of our goals was to get all the right information out from the start and I think we accomplished that!
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics We will have to check out the new video! Can't wait, sounds like it was a good show
Post 140 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHaulics Drop a comment when you check it out, let us know you stopped by
Post 141 IP   flag post
598059 141 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?