Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze Age

HULK 181 Insanity!6029

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my copy...I paid a buck. I think I got a good deal relative to what you crazy kids are paying for your copies!!

Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Here's my copy...I paid a buck. I think I got a good deal relative to what you crazy kids are paying for your copies!!

you got ripped off. I paid only $0.80
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I asked about this years ago at the CGC forum. Apparently John Romita, the Art Director at the time, asked Trimpe to redraw the Hulk's face, but copies of the original had already been sent to the UK, and that's what they used.

So the UK reprint is the original?

Copies of this can be had for a couple of quid on ebay UK.!!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

You both got ripped off. I paid 26 cents for my first copy.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Since we are doing the “you show me yours, i’ll show you mine”

I am not sure about the American sense of humour. Is this for real or is it extremely silly?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Just bought this Hulk 2. Hope to get 2.0 or 2.5. Roughly the value of a low grade 181. I am guessing the 2 will increase in value faster than the 181. Curious what you prognosticators think?

If the observations of the original poster in this thread are correct, then I'm not so sure. Silver age #2's from Marvel key characters typically lag in price and are much harder to sell.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
I asked about this years ago at the CGC forum. Apparently John Romita, the Art Director at the time, asked Trimpe to redraw the Hulk's face, but copies of the original had already been sent to the UK, and that's what they used.

Keep in mind it came out 1976 and Hulk 181 was 1974.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi.
Yes man I know. That's what I am saying. These reprints are worth pennies. What are you saying.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi.
Yes man I know. That's what I am saying. These reprints are worth pennies. What are you saying.

Just saying people apparently don't feel it's a big deal because it's almost 2 years later, even if it is the unaltered work.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thanks for this. I thought that I was hallucinating different covers. But just to take this a little further I am sure that I have seen a third version of this cover. Where, when and how I cannot remember. Possibly a trade paperback?
Post 36 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:

You both got ripped off. I paid 26 cents for my first copy.

mines's a front UPC variant.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

]

Oohhhh...You win. I need to get me a marvel milestone edition!

Edit: Hmm...on second thought these aren't cheap. Even the Marvel Comic Packs reprint is $45+.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for this. I thought that I was hallucinating different covers. But just to take this a little further I am sure that I have seen a third version of this cover. Where, when and how I cannot remember. Possibly a trade paperback?

There is also a version where less of the Hulk's face is seen. Not sure what it's about.

Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is also a version where less of the Hulk's face is seen. Not sure what it's about.

That's a different version for sure and thanks for taking part in this discussion. But I'm sure that I have seen yet a different version of this.
Post 40 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

]

Oohhhh...You win. I need to get me a marvel milestone edition!

Edit: Hmm...on second thought these aren't cheap. Even the Marvel Comic Packs reprint is $45+.

That’s actually pretty surprising since most MMEs go for like $10 but even when I bought it a couple of years ago it was $27 shipped (seller sold it as a VF+ so I think I did alright).

The Wizard Ace edition is now a bit cheaper with copies available for under $20 but it’s certainly less authentic.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry. I meant the original artwork. Not that the comic was the original.
Post 42 IP   flag post
597964 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?