Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Original Art Program OAPComics Modern AgeQuestions

Reholder into an "Art" Slab6019

Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
If I have a yellow label 9.4 OA sketch cover from CBCS, is it possible to get it reholdered into an "ART" slab instead and if so, what's the process to do so?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Drahcir I've not heard of it being done before but it sounds like something that should be possible. I'd definitely contact customerservice@cbcscomics.com to ask about it.

I'd imagine it'll be something like submitting it as a standard reholder and writing something like "place in ART slab" on the invoice when you send your books in

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I figured it was doable, but had no idea how to go about the process.
I strongly dislike seeing grades attached to OA because they distract from the point of the piece in my mind. Thanks for the input!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I know that it can be done and it will keep the yellow label. I asked CBCS that question myself about a sketck cover. Basically, it can be switched between the ART label and a graded label anytime and either way as long is it submitted in an intact slab.

As far as the paperwork, I believe you fill out the "submit a comic" form and check the OA option. Then in the notes you put that it is a graded slab that you want switched to an ART label. But like @dielinfinite wrote, call or email cs to make sure on that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
IIRC to do it would essentially be considered a re-submission not just a re-holder so it would run $18. Like Jesse said though, double check that with Customer Service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601280 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?