Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Silver AgePop CultureSignatures

RUNAROUND5989

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
my books said to be delivered on Monday April 2nd then April 3rd then April the 4th now April the 5th i am guessing the 6th , 7th , 8th and so on fedex is a joke
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i do not like fedex myself
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
i do not like fedex myself
one minute fedex tracking says it was received in tracy ca then it says it is in transit to tracy it has changed 6 different times back and forth
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
fedex is garbage. they dropped off my last CBCS submission at my front door while i was NOT home (sig required, you guys know) and the package was stolen. Gone. $700+ gone. all their fault, no compensation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
fedex is garbage. they dropped off my last CBCS submission at my front door while i was NOT home (sig required, you guys know) and the package was stolen. Gone. $700+ gone. all their fault, no compensation.

Sorry to hear that happened.

Fedex dropped nine boxes full of Signature Series CBCS books outside my garage about a week ago.

Thankfully I saw the e-mail alert that my package had been delivered and was able to bring in all of the books before they could be stolen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

All of us here are under the belief FedEx shipments by CBCS are insured for their declared value. Unless shipped under the submitters self insured account.

Was the package insured? If so whose insurance is refusing to pay?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@IronMan

oh man, this happened back in Nov. I was on the phone with both CBCS and FedEx. Both were polite per usual about everything, "sorry this happened" - yada, yada etc. I did receive a letter from FedEx stating that they needed more info and wanted CBCS to waive their right to pursue the claim so FedEx could finalize a sum for me. The excuse was that when I had called FedEx and opened the claim about the books, some how that stopped FedEx from looking for the package any further, which makes no sense.. I called several times to follow up with both of them and always got the same kind of response that they were going to investigate, that they needed the docs from CBCS to waive their right, etc. I even had personal email addresses from both companies so that the flow of info and docs can be seamless. And had FedEx send the waiving docs a 2nd time. I had photos of all my books graded, the invoices, everything to back my claim. Jake at CBCS even provided the proof of delivery signature (not mine of course) to show that it had been delivered.

So, it's April and nothing. Who's fault is it? Ultimately, CBCS did their end by grading and shipping. I can't really fault them. FedEx dropped the ball and pretty much ignored my claim and I'm out the books, grading and shipping fees.

This all kind of happened around the Beckett buyout and I'm a little concerned that customer service isnt what it used to be. I've seen some complaints and FedEx mishaps on the boards, just never mentioned mine.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
If the package required your signature and you didn't sign for it, how is FedEx not responsible for it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@moodswing FedEx is responsible but they closed my claim and pretty much did nothing about it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
That is so messed up. I would look to lawyer up. Seems like a cut and dry case. Package required a signature and didn't get yours...case closed
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@infinityG That’s absolutely infiriating and I’m sorry you’re having to go through that.

I stopped trusting FedEx with delivery when they faked my signature and dropped off a package at my home, WHEN I WAS HOME. They didn’t even bother knocking.

Now, as soon as I see that CBCS has shipped a package, I request that it be held at a nearby location for me to pick up.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
Best by far is the USPS every package I get is like new all but once over 20 years. FedEx, UPS beat the hell out of your packages...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Now, as soon as I see that CBCS has shipped a package, I request that it be held at a nearby location for me to pick up.

I do this, too.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite The FedEx service down here is terrible. I'll get the notification that it will be out "next day" for delivery; which means I have to be available between the hours of dawn and dusk to sign for it; so I have to take a day off work, which all supervisors and managers "love" to approve on short notice. B/C I live at the far end of the delivery driver's route, if the clock hits 8pm before he gets to me, he turns the truck around and goes back to the delivery center; and FedEx has the gall to consider that an "attempted delivery." So if the driver has a heavy load & can't get to me by 8pm three days in a row, I have to drive three hours to go pick it up at the delivery center. Total pain in the rear. Would greatly prefer other shipping options.

I understand the response "move closer to civilization" sounds good; but is impractical given real-estate prices and the travel distance from work.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I've always had to sign for my fedex packages from CBCS. Even missed a few because @TrinityComics did not give me a tracking number or a heads up they were coming so I had to wait 2 days later with a note on the door.

To those in this thread with signature problems: Your local FedEx drivers SUCK. Call the head offices.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@moodswing lawyer up for a few hundred isnt worth it... if it was like AF 15 or something super key lol just imagine!!! I'd be going nuts even more.

@dielinfinite dude, that's pretty much what happened... I was so mad, even my wife was pissed and she doesn't care about comics, lol. I did the same as you and now have my all shipments go to my LCS.

Just for sh*t n' giggles, here's what they lost:
Thor 132 9.2
Marvel Feature 2,3 at 5.0
SS #1 (1969) 4.0
Defenders 1 (3.5), 2 (7.0), 18 (7.5)
Sub-Mariner 35 5.5
Strange Adv. 190 6.0

@kaptainmyke FedEx sucks some major dog turd and I wish I could find out who the driver was.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Another reason to use CGC: UPS or USPS.

I can't stand FedEx. Why on earth would anyone use the most expensive carrier who has the most liability issues?

Edit: okay I’m a dum dum didn’t see the option for registered usps mail during checkout screen.
Post 17 IP   flag post
i would prefer USPS too @kaptainmyke
Post 18 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I put a pair of very obvious cameras on the front of the house; one aimed straight at the mailbox, the other at the front door. FedEx & UPS got the idea PDQ; they don't just chuck boxes at the door, they go through the whole walk up/ring bell/ask for signature routine. The normal USPS guy caught on, but I still get the occasional moron filling in when he's on vacation; I've had my mail folded over and crammed into the box w/ small Amazon mailers or softcover envelopes. I called the postmaster & went ballistic when they folded over a Lethal Protector 1 Gold variant that was in a mailer w/ cardboard shipping reinforcement. I sent the guy the video in an e-mail, and got a personal callback & apology fifteen minutes later; they also covered the cost of replacement, which was nice.

Naturally, when determining the replacement cost, I evaluated the condition of the one that had been folded over as a raw 9.8 before it was ravaged by the carrier who didn't want to get out of the vehicle. The replacement only graded out at 7.5.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Yep. Back of my gold venom broke my heart as well. Must be something in the water.

Post 20 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Corner Abuse is a thing. Would look nice w/ Bagley, De La Rosa, & McFarlane's signatures though.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear about all the Fed Ex issues. I have had problems with them as well (see my older posts) CBCS does offer USPS registered mail during check out. That is what I use now and haven't had any issues.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
that's what I'm afraid is going to happen to my books stolen
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
CBCS does offer USPS registered mail during check out. That is what I use now and haven't had any issues.

When did this start? Is this new? I wouldn't know, I haven't actually sent off anything to CBCS personally in a very very long time. It's always third party now via facilitators for me.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
I don't trust FedEx anymore. Sometimes my package decides to take a multi-state tour of the United States. What I do now is as soon as it is in route, I put a hold on it for the nearest FedEx store. Yep I have to go out of my way to pick it up but at least it's not sitting on my front porch. I usually combine that trip with another errand.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Sounds like CBCS should start re-considering their contract with FedEx... plenty of complaint here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke CBCS has had USPS on their shipping selection when I first subbed any books and that was July of 2016.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Shipping with USPS & UPS has always been an option we've offered, the rates are just higher.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Okay thanks I’m a dum dum
Post 29 IP   flag post
@TimBildhauser Someone needs to draw Wolverine in the old school uniform w/ a UPS logo, slicing the FedEx logo in half: "What can brown do for you?"
Post 30 IP   flag post
600782 72 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?