Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I think 2 day modern is running on time. My last Quickstream submission only took two weeks as expected.
Post 201 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I just mailed 15 books to Texas today. The on-line form is still saying there’s a 12-week turnaround time, and they should receive my books Thursday. Should I expect them back around Christmas? Figured I might as well get in line now.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
I’m on Week 31 of an order received on 12/13/17 with an estimated TAT of 25 weeks. I called about a week and a half ago and was told they’d check on it and call me back. Still haven’t heard from them. Let that sink in....
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector Merc51 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine has said processing for my two orders since April. I emailed them and they told me that it is in pre grading phase but online it says processing.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Has there been any update on how those of us that were expecting to pick up our books in St Pete are going to get them back? I dropped mine of on March 16th, and was told they would be ready in about 12 weeks. No mention of any upcoming move. They went to grading in the middle of April, which I thought was nice, but nothing since then. The last time I asked this question a few weeks ago, I was told they were still not sure how we are getting them. If anyone has any info, please let me know. Thanks.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Collector RavenBeard private msg quote post Address this user
It would be my guess that you will have to pay for the shipping now. They no longer have a facility in Florida. You can always drive to Texas. That is just my guess. Let us all know what happens with it.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Processing
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
#soon
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
The wait is the worst part right now. My books have been in the "grading" phase for almost 2 months now. I reached out and they told me that they had been graded and were awaiting encapsulation and quality control, but that was June 20th. This is the first time I've ever sent books off for grading, so I'm trying to have an open mind that this takes time, but man alive the wait is killing me!
Post 209 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent in my 12th order (started submitting almost 3 years ago) and the wait does get somewhat easier. But I still get antsy when I get near the "TAT" and start checking all the time to see if the status changes. I really should do what someone else suggested - space out my orders so that I am never more than a month or two from getting books back.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Processing

Submitted
Post 211 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just realized my credit card will expire wayyyyy...before I even move out of submitted!!!
Account Edit/Update here I come
Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector agoss362 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted May 14 with fast pass - still processing. This was my first submission and I included 2-day modern with them. When I asked how come my 2 day modern arent done yet they told me this

"your 2-days have not been completed is because the invoice has all tiers set to ship together. When all the tiers are shipping together the invoice as a whole will move through the queue with the slowest tier, in this case being the Modern Fast Pass."

Would have been nice if someone told me that. Any remind me what fast pass is? I paid $100 for 2 2-day modern and 3 fast passes and its been 3 months.
Post 213 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoss362
Submitted May 14 with fast pass - still processing. This was my first submission and I included 2-day modern with them. When I asked how come my 2 day modern arent done yet they told me this

"your 2-days have not been completed is because the invoice has all tiers set to ship together. When all the tiers are shipping together the invoice as a whole will move through the queue with the slowest tier, in this case being the Modern Fast Pass."

Would have been nice if someone told me that. Any remind me what fast pass is? I paid $100 for 2 2-day modern and 3 fast passes and its been 3 months.

Fast Pass cuts processing time in half. It's $10 a book for non-members, so $28 for modern.

So, you could have done them all 2-day modern for $24 more total.

On the shipping page, does anyone remember if there are details about tiers shipping together. I thought I did see somewhere on the site that it said if you want all books shipped back together, they will ship with the slowest tier (I remember this as my first sub had a modern, a modern with sig verification, and a quickstream. So I could have had the quickstream back much quicker if I'd paid for separate shipping).
Post 214 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Just realized my credit card will expire wayyyyy...before I even move out of submitted!!!
Account Edit/Update here I come

Oh gosh!!! just moved to processing!!! I know I wanted to be billed but - ouch!!!! $610 USD changes to $830 CAD

7 weeks into estimated 24 week turnaround.....
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
My March 22 books just arrived. Ten Moderns (no extras at all). They look gorgeous! Very pleased with these books.
Post 216 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to see CBCS has zero order my March 12th books are still sitting in grading
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector mjon30 private msg quote post Address this user
Turn around is a nightmare unless you are willing to pay for the highest tier of service. I got one book back with a misspelled artist's name. I will not send back because I'd likely have moved or forgotten all about it by the time it's corrected. I am hoping the other two misspelled names were corrected on my next submission.

However, I do want to thank Greg Miller for being the single nicest guy CBCS has answering the phones and grateful for the service and attention I was given.

Thank you!

Jon
Post 218 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
My books just moved to grading!
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Just went to "ready to ship" from March 2nd . Not bad considering all 16 books needed sig verification and they relocated. But maybe I should wait to see the grades before I say I'm pleased
Post 220 IP   flag post
The grades are almost always fair if not accurate. Just the phone service and speed of delivery is kind of awful. Everyone at the shows is great. Greg is great. Fast pass is a rip off. I'm glad you got your books. Joining with Beckett surely ties them both up a lot.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
@HammitChris Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
I’m on Week 31 of an order received on 12/13/17 with an estimated TAT of 25 weeks. I called about a week and a half ago and was told they’d check on it and call me back. Still haven’t heard from them. Let that sink in....

My exact situation except when i Called about a month or 2 ago they said it was still with pressing.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user

For as long as my books have been in labels, I am expecting those labels to be in hand-drawn calligraphy.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 224 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Processing
Post 225 IP   flag post
Love the dragon. Yes... CBCS processing time is so slow. I don't think I'd use again unless I have no other options and need unwitnessed signatures verified. It's a good company but the infrastructure is a mess. At least they didn't team-up with PSA, which is even worse. Oh wait... they sort of did. Didn't the Beckett graders come from PSA?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Frankly, I've never had good luck with PSA or Beckett and if I use an economy tier with CBCS by the time I get my books back, I forgot I ever owned them. That said, I've always gotten them back and the grading is always fair... not so much the spelling but the grades are right.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
*update* Dropped off 15 modern ASP/VSP at ECCC March 1st, marked recieved March 15th. Still in “grading,” 20 and 18 weeks respectively.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Update *

I just got a "ready to be shipped" email, so that makes me excited
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Update *

I just got a "ready to be shipped" email, so that makes me excited

What was your "received" date?
Post 230 IP   flag post