Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not usually one to complain, but I feel like the ball has been dropped on my orders. The first one was received on Dec. 13th, 2017, 2 moderns with pressing and one is a VSP. I still haven’t gotten them and I’m on Week 27 (it says “Received” still online with 25 week processing time). My other order was 2 Modern VSP fast pass (no pressing) and I received them last Saturday, but one of the books didn’t pass authentication. I’m ok with that, but I’m not ok with being charged the grading fees for the book which was never graded or encapsulated. I’ve tried calling customer service all week and can’t get a hold of anyone. I finally got an email reply on the second order saying that they charged me the correct amount, which is incorrect. I should have a $14 credit/refund. Normally I wouldn’t make such a fuss about this, but I mean both of my orders have been screwed up now. I know the move has been a huge undertaking, but your customer service shouldn’t suffer as a result.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is at three cons this weekend that are each three day events - Brooklyn, Charlotte and Denver. If you figure a minimum of 3 to 4 employees per con - and they will have time off since they are working weekends - I doubt there will be much going on next week grading-wise or customer service-wise especially with the location transition.

I am a fan of CBCS but they have a lot of challenges right now.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie I just wanted to clarify something. Starting late last year (I believe) CBCS stopped sending graders to do cons. The majority of the people at cons are remote CBCS employees (like Tim Bildhauser and Mark Roman) or CBCS AWs and facilitators. Yes, Borock, and a few others, still make occasional appearances, but not like earlier years. They found that sending graders to cons seriously effected TATs. More than what they anticipated. That is the reason why on-site grading has been put on hold this year. So really, CBCS being at three cons this weekend should have little effect on what is going on in Dallas,
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector jackblankenship private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted one book for verified signature on April 26th. I paid for 2 day modern: Fast Pass ($50), Signature Verification ($25), Fast Pass Press ($35)and pick up from CBCS headquarters in St Pete ($10 -$5 for handling and $5 for pickup).

I wanted the book done before they moved to Dallas because I’m local to their St Pete location. All in all, with handling and shipping I was in $115 (invoice attached)for a book that doesn’t have half that value, but it’s a favorite of mine and I wanted it slabbed.

I was told that even with 2 day modern fast pass the verification would take 6 days and the fast press another week. I was ok with two weeks turnaround. That was on April 26th. It’s now June 15th. We’re talking over 40 BUSINESS days and almost 7 weeks. The book still says processing. I wrote customer service and was told it still hadn’t been pressed, but if they didn’t get to it before the move, they would ship it to me for no additional cost. “Gee, thanks.” I said I wanted a refund for the two day processing and fast pass. Still no word back.

Am I wrong to be upset or expect a refund?
Post 129 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Jack,

I'll find out what's up with your order asap. Give me a week to get back to you, but rest assured that I'll get an answer for you.

PS. I deleted the picture of your invoice for the sake of security and your confidentiality.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
One of my orders is entering Week 15, but I'm cool.
I understand the changes going on these last 2 weeks, with the move..

Con season is starting up.

It's about to get bumpy.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector lucaslytle private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if this is why I have not heard back from CBCS yet at all about the comic they picked up at Comicpalooza 3 weeks ago. (I know is long process to get back graded, but I was originally told 7 to 10 days to contact me that they have it in Florida.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector jackblankenship private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Jack,

I'll find out what's up with your order asap. Give me a week to get back to you, but rest assured that I'll get an answer for you.

PS. I deleted the picture of your invoice for the sake of security and your confidentiality.

Thanks, Steve. I already got a reply from customer service, which was greatly appreciated. I know the massive move must be terribly difficult, and being local to St. Pete, I was sad to see CBCS moving.

I was just hoping to pick up the last few books I had submitted before the move. No love lost!
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
My recent order has been sitting in “shipping” for 3 days. I get the delay because of move but I paid for 2 day and I’d atleast like to know the grades haha.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys,

I sent an email and left a VM and they got back to me the next day. There is a delay in getting my books back, but understandable with the move.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
My recent order has been sitting in “shipping” for 3 days. I get the delay because of move but I paid for 2 day and I’d atleast like to know the grades haha.

Ironically just got email confirmation. 9.8 across the board. Woot.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I received books back about a week ago, they must have been shipped out right before they moved. They never sent emails it was shipped, dashboard never updated, still no grader notes... but I got books. Hoping I can see my notes soon
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted three books in May for sig verification. They show up as submitted in my dashboard. Wondering when my credit card will be charged.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I want to use CBCS again I remember why I can't.
- Crazy tats with fake estimates.
- My $40 in points that disappeared thru cbcs internal paperwork. I emailed several times over the last year, I stopped getting responses despite me spelling out what the problem was on cbcs end. I eventually gave up.

I live less than a mile from CBCS now and I can't use Y'all which makes me sad since I use to sub 100+ books at a time. Y'all are just making it too easy for cgc.

edit. ill check back with yall in 6 months. I want yall to be better
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
I submitted three books in May for sig verification. They show up as submitted in my dashboard. Wondering when my credit card will be charged.

When you least expect it and have spent the money. Made that mistake once so now when I submit I use cash so I dont have to worry.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
10 books sent and received on mar. 14. They were in grading for 3 weeks before the move and now we're in week 14. I hope they get caught up soon.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
@rejaak My books where received on the 12th of March and they are in production and should be done in 2 weeks I was just told if that helps I would guess you are in a similar time frame with me
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave

When you least expect it and have spent the money. Made that mistake once so now when I submit I use cash so I dont have to worry.

Lol yeah I pretty much expect that to happen.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
Im on 6 months and 29 days since CBCS received my books and my dashboard is still on "recieved". I sent in 15 books all with pressing. 3 books consumer with 1 sig to be verified, 4 expanded, and 8 modern with 1 sig to be verified. It's going to be like christmas when i get this submission back
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector RavenBeard private msg quote post Address this user
I see from many posts the turnaround time is going way past what is expected, promised or there should be even with a move. I turned in my comics on March 10 at 10:00 AM at the Lexington, KY Comic Con. There were not officially accepted till March 22nd, 2018. I have contacted CBCs twice after my 12-week processing time expired. Originally, I received a response that the invoice number I gave cannot be found. I attached the invoice to my response and have never heard back on that one. I sent a new email and got back the standard reply they CBCS is in the middle of a move and turnaround time is affected because of it. Ending with give it four more weeks. However, seeing everything everyone is saying here and that CBCS continues to accept submissions the turnaround looks to be a year. I submitted eight comics for grading, nothing else. I have already been charged just under half of my invoice with really nothing to go on. Can my invoice number be given on the forums to see if I can get a good answer on when I will get them? I am very worried because a couple comics have potential to be 9.8 or better with high value and personal meaning to me. What stops my comics from being lost? Are we informed if they are misplaced? Are we reimbursed, how? I am feeling lost and alone in this but I see that is not the case but only the beginning and tip of this potential ice burg we call CBCS turnaround.
Post 145 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@RavenBeard Your order has been graded and is in slab. I have to defer to the instructions you were given by customer service of waiting 4 weeks. That seems logical and gives shipping a chance to get caught up after the move. As for orders taking a year, I have no idea where that came from. Turnaround isn't great and was affected by the move, but it's not going to take a year.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thanks for being in touch!
Post 147 IP   flag post
Has anyone been notified by CBCS that a package has been sent to them since the move to Dallas was completed?
Post 148 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
Has anyone been notified by CBCS that a package has been sent to them since the move to Dallas was completed?
@RareComics yes and received.
Post 149 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra that's great! I really appreciate your letting me know.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
I have a package mailed May 11th and my dashboard status still says submitted. I have a horrible feeling that it never arrived.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
I have a package mailed May 11th and my dashboard status still says submitted. I have a horrible feeling that it never arrived.

Did you keep your tracking number? If so, does it say arrived?

Called CS?
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Called CS?

I never put a tracking number on it. I am so stupid.
Post 153 IP   flag post
I’ve just sent an email to CBCS hopefully they tell me good news.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Called CS?

I never put a tracking number on it. I am so stupid.

@Zevgoli How did you send it? If you sent priority, they automatically generate tracking. If you don't have receipt, but you know location you shipped from, the amount of transaction(check bank statement), and a time of day, or at least a small window of time(1-2 hours) they can retrieve tracking info, it's a pain in the ass, and wherever you shipped from will give you the eye roll, but it can be done. I had to do it a while ago with an Ebay transaction, they looked it up and found my tracking info
Post 155 IP   flag post
601294 999 30