Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user

I've waited almost 6 months.. and my books are being shipped, just in time for my BIRTHDAY.. I'm good.. Next year will be a better year for CBCS, Once the TAT is under control and it will happen...it will just take a little more time..
Post 951 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@Spc51 I waited about 6 months also but once I got them and saw how good they looked I didn't care about the TATs anymore. Its better to complain about TATs then to complain the books come back looking like crap. Its kinda strange not looking at my invoice 5 times a day though.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my ASM 300 to be signed by Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane and graded by CGC back in July 2017.

Still haven't gotten it back. It was back in TOronto for a day before it was sent back again because CGC "forgot" to do the press and clean on it.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector TechnoDjinn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
I sent my ASM 300 to be signed by Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane and graded by CGC back in July 2017.

Still haven't gotten it back. It was back in TOronto for a day before it was sent back again because CGC "forgot" to do the press and clean on it.

Yes, and then people still bash on CBCS. No company is perfect everyone makes mistakes. It's not about falling down it's about getting back up and finishing the race.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted May 27th. Arrived May 30th. Today is exactly 20 weeks.
Post 955 IP   flag post

Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

CGC doesn't press and clean books. You're probably thinking of their sister company, CCS.
Post 956 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:

CGC doesn't press and clean books. You're probably thinking of their sister company, CCS.

Semantics, he still submitted his books to CGC, CGC gives it to CCS for pressing and gets it back from them to send back to the client. If CGC didn't send it to CCS for pressing and cleaning then they made a mistake, again nobody's perfect,not even CGC.
Post 957 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDjinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:

Semantics, he still submitted his books to CGC, CGC gives it to CCS for pressing and gets it back from them to send back to the client. If CGC didn't send it to CCS for pressing and cleaning then they made a mistake, again nobody's perfect,not even CGC.

I've got a set of marvel legacy virgin and trade dress variants CGC signature series signed by Adi Granov, bought from comic mint and the label on the trade dress states virgin variant. I know that I can send it back to them to correct it but it would be costly. Point is everyone makes mistakes even mighty CGC.
Post 958 IP   flag post
Collector canadianryan private msg quote post Address this user
Well yesterday I received a load of modern books from CGC that I dropped off at FanExpo late August/early September (with a submission date of Sept 7).

I never would have thought that I would receive those books back before the books I submitted in person to CBCS at Toronto Comicon in March (with a submission date of April 5)...but here we are. My invoice has 1 expanded book that currently says Shipping & a half dozen moderns that were in Labels, but are now going backwards and showing in grading.

(Shrugs shoulders)
Post 959 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
@canadianryan Same here, I submitted to CGC in May and July, received both of those back in 2 months....still waiting on my CBCS submission from May. Also, in my experience once CGC gets to "Grading" then the books are shipped within a week but I have a feeling that is not the case with CBCS. Now I am worried about my books coming back during December when I am away for more than half the month. Like you, I never dreamed that could happen.
Post 960 IP   flag post
I have a question, has anyone had a book shipped back that the side of the case is open???? Just received my shipment and 1 of them is open, also my case is scratched... can it be sent back for reslabing??? And if I'll get charged for it too???

Post 961 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Spc51 That is normal. CBCS cases are not welded shut. The scratches are where the plastic has been removed from the mold, that is also normal

I wouldn't say these are grounds for a return but if it was a mistake they made, like mislabelling books, then they would fix it free of charge, including reimbursing you for having to ship the books back.
Post 962 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
@Spc51 The gaps at there to allow freeflow of gasses.
Post 963 IP   flag post
Ok kool, thanks for the info
Post 964 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@jayscomics I don't know where this "TAT" estimate is found but I was told "12 weeks" turn around when I submitted my books, and my invoice has always said "processed within 13 weeks" so that is the representation made to the customer. Your 4 weeks late estimate is way off. I submitted 10 days after you on 5/19/18 and based on the 13 week estimate it is now 7 weeks late and counting, and based on the posts in this thread I will likely be waiting at least another 5 weeks, so looking at 12+ weeks late or about double the TAT that was given. I'm not sure what Kool Aid you guys are drinking but in any other type of transaction this would be very far beyond what is acceptable. The notion that you are just "happy to get your books back" is laughable, a real high standard you have. Any other business would be through with service like this, and would have to go through serious rehab to stay afloat. Instead all I hear is they had problems and are doing their best. Well 1)that is not the customers problem, 2) not a single notification or apology has been every given about these delays, and 3) nothing has been done to compensate any customers for this serious failure. This is so beyond unprofessional. I can't imagine it being handled any worse than this (I don't care how hard they are supposedly working or short staffed they are, it was foreseeable and in any case it simple doesn't matter).

i have to god dam agree with him, it's not about that they do good grading and have nice cause, it's about the dam money you pay for a 12 weeks TAT, and am on week 17 now which is BS, yes they take your money, and yes, nothing has been done to compensate any customers for the delays. i like CBCS but that unacceptable, with no customer service and 2 email and no 1 got back with me. and that is what i think is frustrating people, that you pay for a 12 week TAT and its not happening. and yes dont care(there short staffed they are working on it) he right, they should have know what the move would have caused and i saw this coming but my books where already there so not much i could do.
so people say they just like to waite, if you like to spend your hard earned money like that. that's great, wasted on a service that dont give you the TAT they say. i sent my next 25 comics to CGC. so now CBCS just lost 25 book. i dont think i will be sending book to CBCS for a long time.
Post 965 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
i have to god dam agree with him, it's not about that they do good grading and have nice cause, it's about the dam money you pay for a 12 weeks TAT, and am on week 17 now which is BS, yes they take your money, and yes, nothing has been done to compensate any customers for the delays. i like CBCS but that unacceptable, with no customer service and 2 email and no 1 got back with me. and that is what i think is frustrating people, that you pay for a 12 week TAT and its not happening. and yes dont care(there short staffed they are working on it) he right, they should have know what the move would have caused and i saw this coming but my books where already there so not much i could do.
so people say they just like to waite, if you like to spend your hard earned money like that. that's great, wasted on a service that dont give you the TAT they say. i sent my next 25 comics to CGC. so now CBCS just lost 25 book. i dont think i will be sending book to CBCS for a long time.

What was the issue you emailed about that you didn't get a reply, and when did you send the email?
Post 966 IP   flag post
Collector Rathraq private msg quote post Address this user
Been waiting 16 weeks for my first submission. I hope I get it soon.
Post 967 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Can now buy tickets for next years convention that I submitted comics at this year...maybe they will bring my books for me to pickup and I can save on shipping??
Post 968 IP   flag post
Collector oginecka private msg quote post Address this user
A bit of hopeful feedback.

The order I submitted on May 2nd has just been completed and is on the way.

By the way, the website has never updated my order. The status hasn't changed since 'Processing' in May.
Post 969 IP   flag post
I saw something very, very strange on my day off.

Went to my LCS to pick up some books, dig through the back issue bins before the pre-holiday "sale" mark-up, and generally relax on my single day off in two weeks. They had re-organized the store, and reloaded the back wall after a high roller came through and bought *everything*. Lots of new, shiny slabs.

Then I looked closer, for the slabs looked odd.

They...they weren't CBCS, or CGC. It was almost unthinkable. I looked at the guy behind the counter and said, "really?"

His reply: "We can't sell newton rings, and we need to have books in store to sell."

Anyone else have that airborne pork on radar?

I'm super excited for when my books come back now. If he's willing to put those on the wall, I'm hoping I can unload a box or two of quality graded books.
Post 970 IP   flag post
@BabaLament how are they priced? I’d be curious to hear if people buy them. It’s one thing to stock them, your lcs certainly has valid reasons to do so, but it’s another for them to sell
Post 971 IP   flag post
Collector schnove1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if people who post in this forum post get their comics put at the bottom of the pile. I think CBCS should at least send us pictures of our comics so we actually know they haven't lost them. If my books weren't signature witnessed books i would just ask that they send them back in whatever state they are in.
Post 972 IP   flag post
Collector schnove1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anyone in Dallas that can swing by their office - take some photos and post them so we know what's really going on?
Post 973 IP   flag post
@schnove1977 here you go. I’m not sure what you expect to learn from the outside. Unless you expect them to let some random person off the street come in and photograph their operations to find out “what’s really going on,” which they have already addressed several times, the move was not thoroughly planned resulting in it taking longer than expected and leaving them short staffed in key areas.

I’m sure allowing someone to investigate as you would like would not be disruptive in the least and in no way contribute to further delays in turn-arounds in much the same way pulling what little staff they have away from either grading or addressing the customer service backlog to take and email photos of hundreds if not thousands of orders would.
Post 974 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnove1977
I wonder if people who post in this forum post get their comics put at the bottom of the pile. I think CBCS should at least send us pictures of our comics so we actually know they haven't lost them. If my books weren't signature witnessed books i would just ask that they send them back in whatever state they are in.

If that's the case then maybe the people who post positive posts gets theirs placed on the top of the pile.
Post 975 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite The only one that had my attention was a very nice looking ASM 129; but he's asking full CBCS/CGC price for Oregon product, and I don't have enough warm fuzzy to go for it. The ASM 129 printing wasn't uniform across the top; and books from Oregon have been known to get a haircut on their way to "9+" grades. Just too much risk for that kind of money.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
All of you conspiracy theorists....Do you guys think any of your posts through before you post??? CBCS is a business that wants to stay in business. Some of the most respected people in the industry work for this company...this is no half-assed, PGX operation! All these posts of CBCS doing shady things or intentionally trying to screw over customers....WHY WOULD THEY EVER WANT TO DO THAT! This whole TAT situation sucks for everyone, especially for the people at CBCS! They are losing customers and money that I am sure they don't want to be losing. They have said multiple times in multiple places that they are trying to do what they can to catch up. Everyone just needs to let them catch up and quit bogging down everything with the constant complaints that are all EXACTLY THE SAME!
Post 977 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnove1977
I wonder if people who post in this forum post get their comics put at the bottom of the pile.

@schnove1977 Look, they're not going to retaliate against a paying customer with the occasional (valid) complaint regarding production delays. We've pretty much all said our piece on that issue. They want your stuff graded, on slab, and out the door just as much as you do; if for no other reason than its the only thing that will get people to stop complaining.

Besides, all you've done is complain a little bit. If CBCS were going to retaliate, I guarantee there are higher priority targets. As I've said before, I half expect a shipment* of slabs filled with ashes.

*Preferably before Christmas.
Post 978 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
All of you conspiracy theorists....Do you guys think any of your posts through before you post??? CBCS is a business that wants to stay in business. Some of the most respected people in the industry work for this company...this is no half-assed, PGX operation! All these posts of CBCS doing shady things or intentionally trying to screw over customers....WHY WOULD THEY EVER WANT TO DO THAT! This whole TAT situation sucks for everyone, especially for the people at CBCS! They are losing customers and money that I am sure they don't want to be losing. They have said multiple times in multiple places that they are trying to do what they can to catch up. Everyone just needs to let them catch up and quit bogging down everything with the constant complaints that are all EXACTLY THE SAME!

BEST. POST. EVER.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks

Or they can give their customers some compensation for their royal screw up. 1 free graded book or signature verification, something like that. I would be extremely angry if I paid for quickstream and got my comics several months later.
Post 980 IP   flag post
601481 999 30