Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
As Mr.Ricketts has stated he will be returning my submission apparently untouched I don't feel I have much germaine to the discussion to further add....wish things had been as agreed.
Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
[snipped]CGC(sic?) getting better only about a year after CBCS opened.

Because when healthy competition arose, CGC turn around times finally got better. Now that CBCS TATs are horrendous, CGC TAT are getting awful now, especially with this crossover grading promotion now. There are so many books now stuck in "scheduled for grading" it's ridiculous! I had over 30 books sent to CGC in August and got all of them back in 3 weeks graded before September 1. Now? Not so much. I got 5 books in my dashboard that have been stuck since Sept 27.

Competition is healthy, but only if both competitors staff appropriately.

Myke I've been stating for years that you can do anything you want when you have a two company marketplace. This is why we have only an online forum to discuss a huge issue. If company 1 can't handle the extra volume and company 2 can't admit fault in a formal press release, both of them win.
Post 827 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Legal action is actually a definite go...TATS are indeed estimates, but if a court were to hear this argument they would then do a finding what constitutes a valid or fair delay and what is clearly and intentionally beyond reason. At that point if someone were to demonstrate the continued acceptance of further work, especially prioritized levels that further aggravated those delays......all its going to take is a spark, and a lawyer willing to go class action .

As for CGC you really cannot explain or defend someone doing a questionable job with someone else that previously did it. That is just deflecting and bears no actual impact. If CGC did bad things that is theirs to own and likewise...here. Also CGC did make efforts at various times to reduce the duress for their customer base with reduced rates, discounts and coupons for previous customers.
People are bitching and blowing up social media for a reason ....to date this company is dropping the ball on the customer service aspect of handling the deafening uproar. There is no one you can call, no one to get via email that can handle your questions. That isn't on the people who want to know where their books are....that is a missed opportunity by this company.How do you suppose people who have spent their hard earned money and entrusted their valued and loved books should handle things? Grin and bear it? they want results...and they want steps taken, not just cheerful forecasts of future hope.
You argue that training new staff will provide a rainbow of hope, but if that new staff is so stressed by these problems those jobs never stay filled and this mudslide continues? Training new people under extreme conditions never bods well in business settings and does tend to accelerate turnover so...time will tell.

I'm hardly anyones father here either, but I remember sending books to Jon Warren, the man behind our Overstreet price guide, for a friendly grade me please ...and providing books to Pacific Comic Exchange when it was helmed by Robert Rotor in the late eighties for grading. I am unsure how age affects the discussion, people are ticked badly and want action not promises. I get that...been in the hobby a long time and this is frightening.
Tats are not of supereme importance to me no...but cmon, after almost 7 months it is out of hand...we aren't talking about a few days or weeks ....its beyond reason.Honestly its hard to consider anything else with no one answering the phones, no real updates, nothing solid in the way of facts and the extreme waits. At that point you wonder if your book went to some Store in Wayward Montanna and has already gotten resold....
I bought the book I submitted and had it dropped off to test this companys service before moving to more key books like Hulk 1 and Showcase 22, Tos 39 etc.....how do you think that will play out now? What would you do?

The whole no legal recourse is because there is so much money being made the company would settle out of court against any suit. Now if everyone who has been calling and emailing with no response and thousands of dollars paid in full filled a Class Action Lawsuit for Unfair Trade Practices there would be one heavy blow of a settlement.
All other settlement or legal recourse was discussed by the merger and aquisitions team and they said to never stop taking orders.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
That's the default estimate for a press and grade, with no adjustment for the slowdown. I hit my 25 weeks on Tuesday and have no sign that my books have been pressed let alone made it into grading yet. You might want to adjust your expectations.

Well poop. Birthday present in April maybe?
Post 829 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
As Mr.Ricketts has stated he will be returning my submission apparently untouched I don't feel I have much germaine to the discussion to further add....wish things had been as agreed.

Hot damn that's some serious drama. Legal Action? Broken promises? Was there an affair with the housemaid too? Did the new sexy young wife conspire to murder her geriatric husband in the hot tub using a silver spoon?

Let's just bring this one back to earth here: You are getting comic books graded. You are not waiting for the cure to cancer. You are not waiting for your long-lost, never known son. You are not waiting to get out of jail after being wrongly accused for 40 years.

These are comic books.

The fact that you won't pay for a fast pass makes me think these aren't even the big swingin-manbits books either. Probably just some relatively standard, but maybe lovely books. Just a guess though.

So, sit, and wait. Just like the rest of us. Or pay more to come first**. Either way, CYTs and stop with the drama and hysterics. They'll be done soon enough, then instead of complaining about the wait you can complain about the grade.
Post 830 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Playhouse
The whole no legal recourse is because there is so much money being made the company would settle out of court against any suit. Now if everyone who has been calling and emailing with no response and thousands of dollars paid in full filled a Class Action Lawsuit for Unfair Trade Practices there would be one heavy blow of a settlement.
All other settlement or legal recourse was discussed by the merger and acquisitions team and they said to never stop taking orders.

Great! Let's sue CBCS because they went through a merger and a move, and because of it some comic books (again, comic books, not life-saving cancer drugs) got delayed. I can picture how much of a win that'd be right now!

1) We sue
2) #winning!
3) CBCS folds
4) I'm sad, I'll miss Tim at shows.
5) CGC lolz and raises their pricing even more because the only competition is PGX (mass lolz)
6) Everyone sends their books to CGC
7) Huge backlog due to high volume of submissions, takes 24 weeks to get them back.
8) THOSE ASSCLOWNS! LETS SUE!!!
Post 831 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Darkseid_of_town I apologize for the delay in getting your books sent back to you. When I get in on Monday I'll have your order pulled and shipped back to you. I hope you give us another try when we have turnaround times back on track. Have a great weekend.

Thank you. This illustrates my point earlier. You guys are doing everything that you can to get things back on track. Communication silence means nothing new to report not that you don't care. Everybody's books are coming back to them. They'll be graded and most of us will be happy.

While it would be very time consuming and probably SLOW things down, maybe this could happen for more that feel the same way. I am sure that most would refuse the offer and just wait.
Post 832 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Quote:
All other settlement or legal recourse was discussed by the merger and acquisitions team and they said to never stop taking orders.

Great! Let's sue CBCS because they went through a merger and a move, and because of it some comic books (again, comic books, not life-saving cancer drugs) got delayed. I can picture how much of a win that'd be right now!

1) We sue
2) #winning!
3) CBCS folds
5) CGC lolz and raises their pricing even more because the only competition is PGX (mass lolz)
7) Huge backlog due to high volume of submissions, takes 24 weeks to get them back.

Then it starts over and CGC folds. With PGX left

WE ALL LOSE!
Post 833 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - I support your right to express your feelings but I'll be glad when you get your raw books back and you get bored or whatever and leave the forum. All of us who have submissions to CBCS are disappointed in the TATs but I'll bet a lot of us trust CBCS that they too are disappointed in the TATs as well and are working like crazy to get the problem addressed.

CBCS is experiencing the common business problem of growing very big very quickly. They have recognized the problem, are taking steps to solve it and I for one am rooting like crazy for them to get a handle on things because the comic grading industry is much better off with at least two reputable companies.

I either know or have talked with a number of people at CBCS over the years - they are as nice and dedicated group as we have in the industry. The problems with the TATs have done zilch to change my opinion of them.

So you can rail on if you like but it is getting old and I'll bet not just for me.
Post 834 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
When I submitted my books at a con in April I had enough money to submit 9 with fast pass or 13 without. I chose 13 with no fast pass. I knew it might be a while. I think what is making the people with a March/April/May submission upset is that we didnt know how bad the TATs were going to be. Now it seems everyone submitting is using fast pass and they keep jumping ahead of our books. People get upset when a 8 week fast pass comes back and their books are over 20 weeks. I cant fault CBCS for this. I knew not fast passing my books would add a longer TAT. Its one of those situations where I wish i could go back and change it but I cant and instead of having 9 books returned to me weeks ago ill have 13 when they ship them out. I tried to contact CBcS in July when the TATs were getting bad tonsee if I could add fast pass to my order but could never get a hold of anyone. They might not have even been able to do it.

It sounds like this coming week they are adding people so it sounds like i might get my books back this coming week or next hopefully. And im sure once I get them back the quality will be excellent and ill be ready to submit again.
Post 835 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
we didnt know how bad the TATs were going to be.
Not that it helps in any way but we didn't think TAT would get to be this bad either.
Post 836 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave

1) We sue
2) #winning!
3) CBCS folds

Post 837 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
I tried to contact CBcS in July when the TATs were getting bad tonsee if I could add fast pass to my order but could never get a hold of anyone. They might not have even been able to do it.

I did get through because of a billing problem. While I had them on the line and dealing with payment I asked about adding Fast Pass. It is not possible to add after the order has been processed. I thought it would be easy to add, but apparently there isn't a way to add to the invoice because the system won't allow them to alter it.

If you are ever on the fence about Fast Pass, think about it, make the decision, and live with it. There is no going back. I wish I had Fast Passed my order but I was being cheap. LOL
Post 838 IP   flag post
@mrelowe Beside the system not being programmed to allow it, part of the reason Fast Pass isn't allowed to be added after the fact is that it would drastically complicate things.

Let's say for the sake of this example that TAT is at 8 weeks. When the order is initially received and by time the customer wants to add Fast Pass it has already been in the queue for 4 weeks it's already going to be late going out if the TAT is calculated by the initial received date.
Post 839 IP   flag post
Collector c2t2merch private msg quote post Address this user
All this talk and complaining of the TATs is entertaining, but unless you are going to go create a grading company yourself, there really isn't any reason to be complaining about CBCS's or CGC's turnaround times. People need to understand that the grading industry is VERY LARGE right now due to the success of all of the comic related movies. If you're a speculator and you're complaining, well sorry to break it to you, you're the reason the TATs are what they are. When the movies eventually stop (which honestly that could be a very long time) we may see a decrease in overall submissions to both of these companies, but until that happens its going to be a game of catch-up and staffing for both of the companies. The best thing you can do as a collector is be patient, pay more for fast tracking, or hold onto your books and submit them at a later date. If you're a speculator then suck it up and pay for fast tracking or sell your flipped books raw.

Anyway, I'm just here because I'm curious what the current TAT is on 2-day? Just submitted my one-of-kind first Elektra at Baltimore and can't wait to get it back.
Post 840 IP   flag post
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question, my books were submitted in April, TAT was 13 weeks now the new TAT added on top of that is an extra 4 to 6 weeks right??? Thats 19 weeks in total Right now I'm at 21 weeks in, I'm 2 weeks over TAT.. So I'm hopeing and it's a long shot that I might get my books back by the end of this month, that would be a total of 6 months.. has any one gotten there books back from EAST COAST COMICS CON???? That's where I submitted my books, 40 books..
Post 841 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
I’m just over here waiting on my comic books... I check my dashboard once every couple weeks now. It’s better this way. That way... when my books actually ship I’ll feel so happy once they do. It’s a self-patience win.
Post 842 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Spc51 I got my Consumer tier books dated April 6 back last week (nothing extra, no VSP, no press, etc.). When I submitted, Consumer tier listed same 12 week wait as Modern tier, etc. Hope that info helps. By the way, my books in their nice clear cases look GREAT!
Post 843 IP   flag post
Collector waxeruno private msg quote post Address this user
It's been since May 13th, so its now 5 months, 2 months overdue. How long am I supposed to wait before just charging back with my credit card company? I email get no response, I call and get no response. I have 45 high end comics with CBCS. People complain about CGC, and we are registered CGC dealers, but I thought I'd give CBCS a try, and my comics are signature so it made sense. I'll NEVER use CBCS again, there is zero excuse for neglect. Ignoring clients who are 2 months overdue isn't just bad business, its abusing your clients and taking advantage of them.

I'll be charging back my order and if need be I'll take them to small claims court. All they had to do was give me SOME/ANY info. Frankly, anyone dealing with this company is a fool since you'll get 30 to 50% more using CGC, CGC turn around times are much better and at least you can call CGC and get in touch with someone!

Yeah,I'm pissed and tired of waiting with no idea when CBCS will decide, if ever, I'll get my books back!
Post 844 IP   flag post
Collector waxeruno private msg quote post Address this user
Also, I've read some earlier posts and the notion that its no big deal because its "only comics" is off. My books are client books they trusted me with, we submit over 500 comics a month, mostly with CGC, most are client books. I submitted, them therefore we are responsible. Losing clients due to CBCS or any companies bad form is very serious. It's not the end of the world, but it does hurt my business. When we submitted these books I handed them in at a show. First off they claim 1 is missing, which is beyond odd since they checked them in. Secondly, they guaranteed me they'd be no more than 13 weeks. So, that's what I told my clients.

No, its not world peace, it's not a nuclear holocaust, but I take my clients seriously and my word actually means something, clearly CBCS doesn't feel same. Shit happens, I get it, but ghosting clients isn't cool under any circumstance.
Post 845 IP   flag post
@waxeruno First... no one is "ghosting" you. If you read the earlier posts in this thread you'd be aware of what has caused the current delays in TAT.

Second, send me a PM with the email you used when you submitted the books and I'll see what I can find out.
Post 846 IP   flag post
I applaud Tim and Steve for answering any concerns on this thread. You guys just don't hold the positions to satisfy the problem.
Personally, I would like to see a press release admitting fault from CBCS or Beckett Media. I want to know via a public statement that our issues are going up into that boardroom where they are worried about shareholders. The biggest problem I see is lack of communication.
Our only place to complain with a response is a forum with responses from two people. Someone in the HQ has the power to send every customer an email with one key stroke. That would satisfy half the people mad.
I can have two more people working phones on a dedicated line for you guys by COB today for $10 an hour vetted by a staffing agency.
Call them the customer response team.
It's not about comic books. It's about customer service.
Post 847 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
There was an announcement from CBCS about a month ago. The same issue lingers.
Post 848 IP   flag post
I stopped in at Davidson College and talked with a friend who is a law professor there a out the TAT issue. He pointed this out very quickly in the "terms and conditions."

12. EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CBCS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING CBCS AND/OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY THAT CBCS SHALL HAVE TO THE CUSTOMER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR WHOM THE CUSTOMER MAY BE ACTING, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE, ACT, OMISSION OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SERVICES FEE OR FEES PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE SERVICES ORDERED PURSUANT TO THIS SUMISSION FORM. IN NO EVENT SHALL CBCS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF CBCS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, EXCEED THE FEES PAID OR PAYABLE TO CBCS FOR THE SERVICES.

The second thing I saw:
REFUND POLICY:

CBCS does not offer refunds on our condition appraisal service. All sales are final.
Post 849 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Can you pm me a link or post one?
Post 850 IP   flag post
It was posted here: clickable text
Post 851 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2t2merch
People need to understand that the grading industry is VERY LARGE right now due to the success of all of the comic related movies. If you're a speculator and you're complaining, well sorry to break it to you, you're the reason the TATs are what they are.

This guy right here. This guy knows. Nail on the head, brah
Post 852 IP   flag post
Quote:
I stopped in at Davidson College and talked with a friend who is a law professor there a out the TAT issue. He pointed this out very quickly in the "terms and conditions."

12. EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CBCS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING CBCS AND/OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY THAT CBCS SHALL HAVE TO THE CUSTOMER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR WHOM THE CUSTOMER MAY BE ACTING, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE, ACT, OMISSION OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SERVICES FEE OR FEES PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE SERVICES ORDERED PURSUANT TO THIS SUMISSION FORM. IN NO EVENT SHALL CBCS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF CBCS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, EXCEED THE FEES PAID OR PAYABLE TO CBCS FOR THE SERVICES.

The second thing I saw:
REFUND POLICY:

CBCS does not offer refunds on our condition appraisal service. All sales are final.

Estimates are exactly that. Estimates on TATs. They con't control outside factors that impact services rendered. Sure, hiring more staff alleviates some of the bottleneck but then you start telling them how to run their own company, a private company, that can do whatever they wish as long as services are eventually rendered.
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The second thing I saw:
REFUND POLICY:

Is this the actual document? I think I can see why some labels have misspellings. Ha
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received an email stating that my books just "started" the grading process, that's 5+ months after I submitted my books in April, so that means with all the backlog that I won't see my books until the end of this year or the beginning of 2019.... that's 8+ months in total.. That's crazy... I feel everyone's pain right now, TAT 3 MONTHS, now who knows..
Post 855 IP   flag post
597993 999 30