Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector bobadont private msg quote post Address this user
I’m relatively new to this whole thing. I collected comics a little as a teen and now, as an adult, I’m slowly getting my interest back. When I decided to submit my first comics for grading, I did quite a bit of research on the big three. I decided on CBCS because of what I read about the quality of work, the price, and the reasonable timelines offered. I had my first submission received on June 1, excited about the first email I received from the company about my comics going into the vault and how I would get notifications via email at every step of the way until the shipping email.

I’ve been lurking the forums since August, when I realized that I wasn’t getting any notifications and learned about the excessively long TATs.

Regarding the apologetics about how there’s no social media staff, limited IT, and few employees to meet the demand, I have empathy for the employees on staff, but not on the leadership. In the Dallas metroplex there are dozens of colleges with students who would need internships in social media - with a financial infrastructure that supported a company move across state lines and a new partnership with a large established company, I’m sure that someone could hire some temp help to answer phones or emails. The metroplex is huge - there are MANY temp agencies that could supply cheap, temporary manpower.

I think the frustration arises from the reactive defensiveness of the company, rather than a proactive approach to try to get ahead of the problems. All of us, I would think, appreciate quality work and have no problem waiting a little longer than an original quoted timeline would imply - this message took me five to ten minutes to type. It doesn’t tasks all that long for a clear, informative message to be written with weekly updates about what problems exist, what is being done, and where improvements are being made.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
my invoice say submitted

What does that mean?

This is my first time grading books

I haven't had a lot of submissions here but I think that means they received your books and they are waiting in the vault. Next should be grading or labels. Ive been told that when the invoice says labels thats also where the encapusaltion and QC take place. Then I think it goes to shipped.
Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 753 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spc51

Yes, it's a hoot for us. We spend our days doing snow angels on piles of your money. It gives us a lot of joy to hear you complain about how little we care.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Well if we start getting any information about our books just like you have the time to post here, then we wouldn't be complaining would we????? Just an observation..and trust me you would be frustrated too if you had to wait over 5 months for your order status to change from processing and you send emails and leave messages and don't get a response, so please don't cry me a river...
Post 755 IP   flag post

Also I'm not saying that you guys don't care because you guys are the ones in the front lines so to speak.. but you have to understand that we are frustrated with the lack of info coming from the company..
Post 756 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
@bobadont Admitting there was an error or they took more customers when they shouldn't have opens the legal door. If I was on their legal team I would advise them to say nothing unless ordered by a judge. Becket Media is far from lacking the resources. This is about the power in a two company market place.
Post 757 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Also I'm not saying that you guys don't care because you guys are the ones in the front lines so to speak.. but you have to understand that we are frustrated with the lack of info coming from the company..
It certainly seems like that's exactly what you're saying.

A couple months back I was trying to answer questions to the best of my ability based on the information I have available to me. For the most part all anyone wanted to do was continue to repeatedly ask for answers I had already told them I didn't have the answer for along with posting memes they found amusing.

Based on that, the fact that I have a number of other things on my plate to deal with on a daily basis and that I've been working a constant string of conventions I stopped making the effort to provide answers to focus on the other tasks at hand.

I also posted, very clearly, that after the move customer service was reduced to one person. That number increased to two for a short time and has been back down to one. Once again... calling and emailing multiple times does nothing other than slow down the process of someone getting back to you. If you've left a voicemail or sent an email the best thing you can do is to be patient and wait for a reply.

IT has been working on some programing issues and as a result the automatic notifications and dashboard updates aren't working the way they should 100% of the time. Again, you're going to have to bear with us on this.

I get it, it sucks. That's the hand we've been dealt and have to work with what we've got.

Anyone that says CBCS doesn't care about the current state of affairs clearly doesn't know the people working at CBCS. Every single person working for this company has put in more time and made more effort than anyone outside it will ever know.
Post 758 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
when someone associated with cbcs actually replies to you on a forum, that is actually them trying to help. saying something like "i see you have the time to reply on here shouldnt you be grading books" doesnt serve any purpose. you are saying there is a lack of communication, then they communicate and you tell them to go away. see how that makes no sense. i had to wait around 7 months for my books to get back to me. yeah it sucks but maybe you need to stop the group think of they, them, and cbcs are screwing you over. stop and realize these are individual people trying to right a company who most of had no choice in moving to texas. go to a show look at these people and talk to them.
Post 759 IP   flag post
I'm new to the forum so I didn't see your post, also the same way you took your time to reply to my post and I appreciate it, is the same way the higher up should also do.. and why a company so big has just 1 person on customer service??? Does that make any sense at all??? And trust me when I tell you I know how it is to work understaffed, I work 6 days/10 hour shifts.. and it's a 2 man crew that's me included.. All we want is clear communication that's all.. Until we get it, unfortunately myself and others will continue to vent..
Post 760 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well if we start getting any information about our books just like you have the time to post here, then we wouldn't be complaining would we????? Just an observation..and trust me you would be frustrated too if you had to wait over 5 months for your order status to change from processing and you send emails and leave messages and don't get a response, so please don't cry me a river...

I can remember a time when I waited for 9 months for my comics back from the other company, so yes, I do know how frustrating it is. You're getting information. We're running behind. Way behind. We will continue to be running behind for at least a few more months until we can get the backlog caught up.

If you want us to send all of our customers with in-house orders an email with information on their specific order and an update on where their books are, we would literally have to shut down all operations for 2 months and have the entire team researching and typing emails. This is information you can get on your account dashboard. You can see the status of your order. Calling us to ask what the status of your order, information you already have, does nothing but clog up our lines of communication. So when we have a customer who has a billing issue or needs to change their address, they can't get in touch with us.

So now I'll clock in and get back to work.
Post 761 IP   flag post
@stevericketts..i see you didn't read my other post saying that the lack of info is so frustrating.. you said you waited 9 months for your books, you know how it feels right now to wait so long for something that you payed your hard earned cash for a service that is not being delivered as of this moment.. And I really thank you for your reply of letting us know that it may take a few more months for our books to be ready in full.. That means that alot of us won't be getting our books this year and I submitted my books in April, it's not a very good feeling but I really appreciate you giving us a heads up
Post 762 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is doing an unbelievably horrible job here, not even giving the courtesy of a mass email explaining the delays, let alone the discounts or refunds they should be giving people. I find that the comic community is far too kind/lax, in any other industry they would be offering discounts/refunds and people would not be paying. The deal is not "take my books and my money and perform the service whenever you like"...and at least with me they will find that out the hard way and I will certainly not be using CBCS ever again. I got my CGC books back that I submitted 2 MONTHS after by CBCS submission (which is still "processing/received" after over 4 months)
Post 763 IP   flag post
@noahsult, I would really love to talk to them in person but there not going to be at NYCC this year. Also one of my friends is a CBCS WITNESS and he's as frustrated as I am about the situation.. so yeah it sucks to wait for so long for books, but this is the only place to get information about our statues... once again thanks to @stevericketts for is reply and heads up..
Post 764 IP   flag post
Collector schnove1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Part of running a business is managing capacity - if you are that far behind you should suspend accepting submissions until you catch up. Because apparently you didn't manage capacity well to start off with and you can't hire temporary graders nor temps to answer the phone and respond to emails with information and visibility. But don't worry - I will do my part and never send you another book to grade again.
Post 765 IP   flag post
@Timbildhauser, I left a voice message a month and a Half ago with no reply, I check the status of my books and it just says processing since April, how do you think other people and myself should react??? Is it frustrating hell yeah, you and Stevericketts are the only ones to reply on this post, I'll say it once and I'll say it again I appreciate this communication that we are having right now..
Post 766 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Spc51 You keep saying that your comics are in "processing". I just want to make sure of one thing. Is that the status you see when you open your invoice? I ask this because I believe "Processing" will show up on your dashboard until the order has been shipped. This is because CBCS allows more than one tier to be submitted on an invoice. You have to open you invoice to see where the individual comics are. If you knew this, I mean no disrespect, just trying to think of a way to help you.
Post 767 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
My order of modern books submitted on 5/23 are in grading as of yesterday. If you do have books submitted since April I would open the invoice and check what the other box says.
Post 768 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 2 books for pressing and grading. Told 24 weeks until they're ready.

....dude.
Post 769 IP   flag post
Collector Unknown private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know what the 2 day modern tier is at for TAT?
Post 770 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Unknown My 2 Day Moderns listed as rec'd Sep 20 just got picked up today (I think, I have not opened the box yet). I also think it took a couple days for CBCS to acknowledge the books were rec'd. I know the turnaround took longer than 2 days. But given how overwhelmed CBCS is currently, I am happy with that total turnaround.
Post 771 IP   flag post
Collector Unknown private msg quote post Address this user
I’d take that. Now if I can figure out how to ship from NYCC with no forms then that would be awesome.
Post 772 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
I’d take that. Now if I can figure out how to ship from NYCC with no forms then that would be awesome.

If that's all you need ... here ya go. I'm sure they can help you out.

"Genuine COA will be walking the floor of NYCC 2018 in order to facilitate signature witnessing for CBCS Comics grading. We will also have a witness available for the nearby MARVELOCITY signing happening adjacent to the convention center. This opportunity will allow you to get a CBCS yellow label for signatures that happen at NYCC and accompanying events.

We will also still be accepting in-person submissions for our BACK ISSUE ICONS private signings with JOHN ROMITA SR, SAL BUSCEMA and JIM STERANKO which will follow NYCC. This is a unique opportunity for attendess to drop books off for signatures from these classic creators, or even add their signature to those acquired at the convention.

To take advantage of any of these remarkable opportunities, message Genuine COA on Facebook or contact at info@genuinecoa.com . Be sure to like our GCOA - CBCS Signing Ops group on Facebook to catch any exclusive offers or content as they are posted live from the show."
Post 773 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of information today. Lots to digest. Great job everybody. BZ.
Post 774 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Received by CBCS Mar 13, 2018
Received by me via FedEx Ground Shipping October, 4, 2018

8 books mix of Bronze / Copper / Modern

2 Pressed
Post 775 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnove1977
Part of running a business is managing capacity - if you are that far behind you should suspend accepting submissions until you catch up. Because apparently you didn't manage capacity well to start off with and you can't hire temporary graders nor temps to answer the phone and respond to emails with information and visibility. But don't worry - I will do my part and never send you another book to grade again.
It's been stated before but just for you... it's not a matter of managing the amount of books received for grading that put things behind. It's a matter of about two thirds of the staff that worked in the Florida office making the decision to not move to Texas.

Also stated before, we aren't willing to hire just anyone off the street to handle your books. We look for people with the knowledge and experience to do so properly.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector schnove1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like something easy to plan for - did they not tell you they were not moving until he day before you moved? Did you not think - maybe we should keep an annex here in Florida and employee our talented graders a little longer to get caught up? #contingencyplans

But anyway - I know my points don't help the situation now. I would highly suggest ownership seriously consider some kind of compensation for the inconvenience. Maybe a BOGO on new submissions for people highly delayed. Or some kind of future discount. The simple acknowledgement would probably go a long way in getting customers back. So that's all I have for now.
Post 777 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Any have experience or info regarding a mid processing address change? My books are currently processing, so theres still plenty of time, but is there an unofficial cutoff as to when to update the address? Before its marked as shipped? any info would help. thanks
Post 778 IP   flag post
Quote:
Seems like something easy to plan for - did they not tell you they were not moving until he day before you moved? Did you not think - maybe we should keep an annex here in Florida and employee our talented graders a little longer to get caught up? #contingencyplans
You're right, it does but that's not what happened. And just so you know... grading isn't where things are backed up. That would be in production. #dontassumetoomuch

Quote:
I know my points don't help the situation now.
You're absolutely on target with this statement.

Quote:
I would highly suggest ownership seriously consider some kind of compensation for the inconvenience.
Not my call to make.
Post 779 IP   flag post
@stanley_1883 email customer service with the new address.
Post 780 IP   flag post
601288 999 30