Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
Saying CBCS has good customer service is like saying CGC had no Newton Rings. Im entering week 25 and the customer service is horrible. I cant reach them through the phone and all the emails I send them come back with the copy and paste crap they always say. I explain my situation and its still the same garbage. They say they are 4-6 weeks behind. Ok that would make it 18 weeks. What about the 6 weeks after that.

At least you are getting replies to your emails.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
Saying CBCS has good customer service is like saying CGC had no Newton Rings. Im entering week 25 and the customer service is horrible. I cant reach them through the phone and all the emails I send them come back with the copy and paste crap they always say. I explain my situation and its still the same garbage. They say they are 4-6 weeks behind. Ok that would make it 18 weeks. What about the 6 weeks after that.

At least you are getting replies to your emails.
The one time they did answer was probably because I kept copying my original email and sending it over and over. Everytime they give me a copy and paste email I send them back the same email again.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Week 16 of 24 and still in PRESSING.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.

My new question is that I have some silver age comics that I would like to submit and am wondering if it is worth the cost to Fast Pass? Thought I should attempt the AMAZING RACE and see which comes back faster. Would it be worth the cost or is Fast Pass not something that is realistic with the current state of TAT?
Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector Treweldy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.

My new question is that I have some silver age comics that I would like to submit and am wondering if it is worth the cost to Fast Pass? Thought I should attempt the AMAZING RACE and see which comes back faster. Would it be worth the cost or is Fast Pass not something that is realistic with the current state of TAT?

I paid for 7 fast passes and was told 7 weeks for turn around. I’m on week 9 and still in received status. May not be worth it.
Post 704 IP   flag post
I wouldn’t submit unless you want to wait a long time. Mine are at 25 weeks and have been in labels for about 5. The problem is also you can never get ahold of anybody. Im about to tell them to just ship back my books and ill send then to CGC so that way I know ill have them by Christmas since I was going to use one as a present.
Post 705 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I wish!!!

Week 17 of "24" and still in received only!!!
Would love to move to pressing.
Post 706 IP   flag post
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the same boat, 5 months and counting for 40 books!!! No one picks up the phone same reply to emails too..I camguess the competition is laughing all the way to the bank, 3 of my coworkers are in the same boat with me and decide to go leave CBCS.. and they send about 200 books each..money los...
Post 707 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spc51
I'm in the same boat, 5 months and counting for 40 books!!! No one picks up the phone same reply to emails too..I camguess the competition is laughing all the way to the bank, 3 of my coworkers are in the same boat with me and decide to go leave CBCS.. and they send about 200 books each..money los...
Im at 5 and a half months for 13 books. Been in Labels for 6 weeks. Whats sad is that I like CBCS better than CGC and one reason I didn't go with CGC is the Newton rings. My friend submitted books after me, they came back and 2 had Newton rings, and he sent them back to CGC for a reslab and has gotten them back. And I cant even get CBCS to give me an update or answer the phone or email. Im now hoping to get them back before the Captain Marvel movie, which will be 48 weeks. But im not holding my breath.
Post 708 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
So I am submitting some books this weekend. How's the fast pass been going recently? Has anyone who paid for it seen a noticeable difference in TATs? Don't want to pony up the money if its still going to take 4+ months.

Thanks

Fast pass has been fast. I submitted a book for fast pressing and fastpass grading on AUG 20th and I got it back on 25SEP. It zipped right pass my other (normal submission) books I sent in on 5JUL that have been stuck in "processing" purgatory.
Post 709 IP   flag post
Collector sLiver private msg quote post Address this user
I think as a professional courtesy CBCS should give a credit to make up for the difference in TAT. If you paid a premium for "quickstream" vs. regular/economy and had to wait 5 months, that is at best bad business form and at worst, fraud. I understand things happen, so a few weeks delay would be understandable but a few MONTHS is inexcusable, especially when they are so quick to snatch your money. Unless I get some sort of apology or credit by CBCS, I'm going back to CGC and will relay this information to all my collecting buds including the ones in the CGC forums and YouTube.

Very disappointed.
Post 710 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiver
I think as a professional courtesy CBCS should give a credit to make up for the difference in TAT. If you paid a premium for "quickstream" vs. regular/economy and had to wait 5 months, that is at best bad business form and at worst, fraud. I understand things happen, so a few weeks delay would be understandable but a few MONTHS is inexcusable, especially when they are so quick to snatch your money. Unless I get some sort of apology or credit by CBCS, I'm going back to CGC and will relay this information to all my collecting buds including the ones in the CGC forums and YouTube.

Very disappointed.
Exactly. Tomorrow will be 25 weeks for me. I submitted mine at a con in mid-April. I didn't use fast pass because I was thinking I would at least have the books back before the end of August. Its way past that now. The way I look at it is that they have my money, there is no way I can contact them, so Im basically stuck. People that submitted at the same con I did have already had their books returned. At this point I would prefer they just ship my books back raw and ill give them CGC. They have been in Labels for 6 weeks. How long does it take them to make labels. I don't submit a lot of books and have always, and still do, prefer CBCS over CGC but not at the cost of waiting 6 months for my books.

CBCS. The Slow Choice
Post 711 IP   flag post
My books don't even say label and it's been 5 months
Post 712 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Books were received April 27 (dropped off at EastCoast Comiccon). Books were submitted fast pressing. No fast pass on grading as I understood pressing was the bottleneck.

Invoice changed to labels on 9-28-18.

Hope to have the books after NYCC.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Heroes Con books received June 20th now grading.
Post 714 IP   flag post
I also submitted my books to East Coast Comic-Con and it still says processing, nothing has changed
Post 715 IP   flag post
40 books, $900 out of my pocket and nothing to show for it yet in 5 months and counting!!!!!😠😠😠😠
Post 716 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic_Playhouse
Heroes Con books received June 20th now grading.

Correction. Expanded and Consumer Books in Grading. Moderns with a signature still received.
Post 717 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I also submitted my books to East Coast Comic-Con and it still says processing, nothing has changed

Did you download the invoice and check the status there.
Post 718 IP   flag post
Yes I did and nothing posted on my invoice
Post 719 IP   flag post
Collector LamontCranston private msg quote post Address this user
...aaaand now I’m celebrating one month in Labels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamontCranston
I submitted a Batman #232 for grading/VSP via mail. It was received on 4/30/18. As of 9/1/18 it is in Labels. Tom Petty was correct.
Post 720 IP   flag post

5 months and a day and still waiting for an update on my books
Post 721 IP   flag post
They aren’t giving updates because they dont care. They have our money and have purposely made it to where we cant contact them. They don’t answer the phone or respond to emails. They say the bottle neck is in the encapulation process. Well the President shold be down there helping or stayingbat nights getting caught up. But hes to busy laughing at all of us for giving him money for things that arent going to be back for 5-6 months. Maybe longer.
Post 722 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
"Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act (DTPA) is to protect consumers against false, misleading, and deceptive business practices, unconscionable actions, and breaches of warranty and to provide efficient and economical procedures to secure such protection. This Act is intended to be liberally construed and applied. A consumer is defined as one who seeks or acquires by purchase or lease any goods or services.

Any False, Misleading or Deceptive Act

The following acts must also be relied on by a consumer to the consumer's detriment:

23. The failure to disclose information concerning goods or services which was known at the time of the transaction if such failure to disclose such information was intended to induce the consumer into a transaction into which the consumer would not have entered had the information been disclosed; (SEE: TAT delays due to (enter litany of excuses here).)

- Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act Guidelines -

As a prerequisite to filing a suit seeking damages under this Act, the consumer must send a registered or certified letter of written notice telling the seller what is wrong and asking for the amount of your damages. The notice must advise the seller in reasonable detail of the consumer's specific complaint and the amount of damages.

If the seller fails to send you the amount requested within 60 days of receiving your letter, a suit can be filed.

If a suit is filed, ask for the all of the damages incurred as a result of this deceptive trade practice. The possible remedies include:
Economic and mental anguish damages;
Additional damages**;
An injunction;
A restoration order;
The appointment of a receiver;
Revocation of a defendant's license or certificate to do business;
Court costs and attorney's fees;
Interest; or
Any other relief that the court deems proper.
Additional Damages

If a court finds that the conduct of the seller was committed "knowingly," a court may also award not more than three times the amount of economic damages.

If a court finds the conduct of the seller was committed "intentionally," a court may also award not more than three times the amount of damages for mental anguish and economic damages."

Just saying...
Post 723 IP   flag post
Quote:
40 books, $900 out of my pocket and nothing to show for it yet in 5 months and counting!!!!!😠😠😠😠
I know how you feel. Im about at 6 months and I probably could have got an ASM #2 at the con I submitted these books at but I wanted to get these graded first. Stupid on my part.
Post 724 IP   flag post
@Gamecube2482 The pain is real. 80% of my books were rare golds not even in the competitions census. Of all the times for them to drop the ball.
Post 725 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
Was just about to send in my first submission in a while. I guess I might have to go with CGC. Came in here to see what the estimated TAT was. Lord it sounds like a mess...
Post 726 IP   flag post

This is how every one feels right now
Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector schnove1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I am now at 4 months since dropping off 3 of my comics that I had signed at San Francisco Comic-con. Why would anyone keep using these guys- they are not that much cheaper than CGC. I will not ever chose them again - how hard is it to hire more people to grade? The got bought by Becket so one would assume there is some working capital there to deploy which would be well worth it to save customers. It just baffles me - this company will be out of business soon and since CGC doesn't honor signatures on CBCS yellow label - those will be stuck with one signature forever and not able to be re-slabbed.
Post 728 IP   flag post

there u go guys.. if they can update there Facebook page, they can at least update there whole system
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
What fresh nonsense is this?

“Thank you for calling CBCS. We apologize for being unable to take your call. If you are calling for an update on your order, please log on to...”

Use TAT guesstimator, or send an e-mail. Apparently CBCS is tired of hearing directly from customers.

CBCS has my money.
CBCS has my property.
CBCS has failed to meet the quoted TAT estimate of 12 weeks, and compounded said failure by exceeding what constitutes “reasonable delay.”
CBCS now refuses to engage in even the bare minimum of customer support, answering a phone call.

The time has come.

Post 730 IP   flag post
601465 999 30