Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamiemadrox my April 6 CONSUMER tier submission just went to QC yesterday. I am very happy about that! Hopefully since CBCS got your books a week or two after mine, you will get yours back soon.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamiemadrox I've seen orders go from received to shipped. Our dashboards are not being updated correctly.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Quote:
Update on my latest submission:

4 moderns, no FP. submitted May 8.

I was told by CBCS CS to use the TAT to see when I should receive my order.
TAT estimated the delivery would be 8/9

It is now week 16 of 12, still says it is in grading (it has said this since 8/22)

So....we will see where this will end up. I will keep you updated.

UPDATE: As of this morning, the status is still GRADING, but the Invoice says LABELS.

So....progress?

Well, my books have been in LABELS for 2 weeks now. And emails are now being auto-replied to, with no useful information. Don't refer customers to the TAT calculator, if you are not going to adjust it for your expected delays. That is just frustrating.
So the wait continues.
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is now week 16 of 12, still says it is in grading (it has said this since 8/22)

UPDATE: As of this morning, the status is still GRADING, but the Invoice says LABELS.

So....progress?

Well, my books have been in LABELS for 2 weeks now. And emails are now being auto-replied to, with no useful information. Don't refer customers to the TAT calculator, if you are not going to adjust it for your expected delays. That is just frustrating.
So the wait continues.

My books have been in Labels for 5 weeks. I was hoping to have them back by now. I kept emailing them. Everytime they gave me that copy and paste reply I would just copy my email and send them another one. One person told me last week that its waiting to be encapsulated and go through QC and that's where the bottleneck is. So I hope its soon.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
My books received March 26th, 2 moderns with pressing just moved from received to grading
Post 680 IP   flag post

Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
My 10 books were received on April 26th. Today the status changed to shipping. However I have not received an email from them with a tracking number so I am cautiously optimistic!
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So I am submitting some books this weekend. How's the fast pass been going recently? Has anyone who paid for it seen a noticeable difference in TATs? Don't want to pony up the money if its still going to take 4+ months.

Thanks
Post 682 IP   flag post
My April 26th order of 10 books just graded has shipped. Also grades are showing. The two Venom Lethel Protector #1 both came back 9.8. I can't wait to see them.
Post 683 IP   flag post
Collector Treweldy private msg quote post Address this user
I paid for 8 fast passes, which I was told 7 weeks TOT once received. We are way past that. What’s the chance of getting refunds on those fast passes? I’ve emailed CBCS, no response. Anyone else try this?
Post 684 IP   flag post
I got the email confirming shipping. Books will be home Friday!
Post 685 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Playhouse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven7of9
My April 26th order of 10 books just graded has shipped. Also grades are showing. The two Venom Lethel Protector #1 both came back 9.8. I can't wait to see them.

With a wait like that you deserve those 9.8's. Congrats man.
Post 686 IP   flag post
Collector Keeneland private msg quote post Address this user
Someone just please answer a phone
Post 687 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeneland
Someone just please answer a phone
Good Luck. Only thing you can really do is keep trying. I gave up on calling them. I send them emails and they respond saying the 12 week TAT is behind 4-6 weeks. That would make it 18 weeks and im on week 24. One of the books I have getting graded is the first appearance of Captain Marvel. Ill probably see the movie in March before I get my books back.
Post 688 IP   flag post
Collector canadianryan private msg quote post Address this user
Just received my books that I submitted at the C2E2 offsite location in Chicago (showed arrived on April 18th).

Still waiting on an order that was submitted at Toronto Comicon in mid-March that was received April 3rd. Has been in Labels for a couple of weeks I believe.

Hopefully that helps give a sense of where things are at :-)
Post 689 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Is it Beckett that is doing the VSP material? I am wondering if the delays there is Beckett’s fault. That’s what I am waiting on with my invoice.
Post 690 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Is it Beckett that is doing the VSP material? I am wondering if the delays there is Beckett’s fault. That’s what I am waiting on with my invoice.

Yes Beckett is doing the authenticating for VSP now; however, VSP is not really the delay (beyond the standard 1-2 week delay for VSP). The holdup/backlog is in production (encapsulation/labels/qc) and shipping.
Post 691 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
6 books were submitted/Receieved by an authorized witness on May 7

4 months and 20 days later.. which is today, I get an email they were shipped this morning, and should arrive tomorrow.

I won't post the grades yet because I hope to do a video of the mail call.
All books were signed by Brandon Montclare.

Here are the books I submitted.

1 Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 [1st Print Regular]
2x Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 [Hip Hop Variant]
1 Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 [2nd Printing]
2x Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #28
Post 692 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
I complained a while back that my books hadn't gone off of received or had even taken payment yet after two months. But after that things moved quickly and and they have just shipped my golden age Batmans after 12 weeks. All said and done, 12 weeks as promised in my case. So, pretty happy at this point now. Thanks, CBCS.
Post 693 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user
I’m fine with a delay because of the merger but to see my book in received status after nearly 5 months is quite annoying. I just want to see some progress, as far as I can tell my book hasn’t even been pressed yet and that’s crazy. I’m ready to make another submission and while I’d like to do another with CBCS i’m really considering CGC.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:

Yes Beckett is doing the authenticating for VSP now; however, VSP is not really the delay (beyond the standard 1-2 week delay for VSP). The holdup/backlog is in production (encapsulation/labels/qc) and shipping.

There was a thread not long ago concerning Beckett’s tardiness in getting orders out back to recipients. This concerns me with the VSP program being in their hands. I think that is why my order has been four months still showing submitted. Anyone else with VSP orders out there showing delays?
Post 695 IP   flag post
Collector motar00 private msg quote post Address this user
2 modern books signed by Liefeld at Megacon Orlando and handed over to CBCS at the end of May for a yellow label. No pressing. At least my status says received. For the last few months. The other guys... submitted several books 3 different times, May, July, September, and have gotten all books back. Not wanting to complain but it does make it hard to want to submit new books to one versus another if TAT really takes this long (and counting).
Post 696 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Entering week 26...of what was quoted originally as a 12 week TAT but then given 24 weeks instead once the move was announced. From the dashboard at least, the book doesn't show any movement from submitted to pressing even...despite the solid half years worth of wait for a single book. I wrestle with the idea we were told that separating the pressing from the grading by several states would speed up the process...if this were the case a 24 week quote, should have been considerably shorter rather than going over the massive orginal quote time. Hard to understand what anyone might see as a positive in these extreme waits and the loss of future business it is generating, by allowing them to occur so regularly while steadily accepting fast passes and expedited service for others.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So....progress?

So the wait continues.

I just called Beckett Customer Service. Got right through....ungh

They tried to give me CBCS's phone number and I let them know that no one answers that phone. I then asked them to take my Invoice # and pass it onto a supervisor... Anything to get anyone to actually respond...
Post 698 IP   flag post
Saying CBCS has good customer service is like saying CGC had no Newton Rings. Im entering week 25 and the customer service is horrible. I cant reach them through the phone and all the emails I send them come back with the copy and paste crap they always say. I explain my situation and its still the same garbage. They say they are 4-6 weeks behind. Ok that would make it 18 weeks. What about the 6 weeks after that.
Post 699 IP   flag post
Collector IxDmackxI private msg quote post Address this user
I at least found some solace hear knowing I'm not the only one. 20 weeks an counting!
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
Saying CBCS has good customer service is like saying CGC had no Newton Rings. Im entering week 25 and the customer service is horrible. I cant reach them through the phone and all the emails I send them come back with the copy and paste crap they always say. I explain my situation and its still the same garbage. They say they are 4-6 weeks behind. Ok that would make it 18 weeks. What about the 6 weeks after that.

At least you are getting replies to your emails.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482

At least you are getting replies to your emails.
The one time they did answer was probably because I kept copying my original email and sending it over and over. Everytime they give me a copy and paste email I send them back the same email again.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Week 16 of 24 and still in PRESSING.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.

My new question is that I have some silver age comics that I would like to submit and am wondering if it is worth the cost to Fast Pass? Thought I should attempt the AMAZING RACE and see which comes back faster. Would it be worth the cost or is Fast Pass not something that is realistic with the current state of TAT?
Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector Treweldy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I am still in PRESSING. Only 16 weeks to go!!!! Decided to embrace the wait and celebrate with you guys.

Week 16 of 24 and still in PRESSING.

Seven received on June 11. No fast track. Two EXPANDED with one to press and five MODERN with one to press. TAT stated 24 weeks.

My new question is that I have some silver age comics that I would like to submit and am wondering if it is worth the cost to Fast Pass? Thought I should attempt the AMAZING RACE and see which comes back faster. Would it be worth the cost or is Fast Pass not something that is realistic with the current state of TAT?

I paid for 7 fast passes and was told 7 weeks for turn around. I’m on week 9 and still in received status. May not be worth it.
Post 704 IP   flag post
I wouldn’t submit unless you want to wait a long time. Mine are at 25 weeks and have been in labels for about 5. The problem is also you can never get ahold of anybody. Im about to tell them to just ship back my books and ill send then to CGC so that way I know ill have them by Christmas since I was going to use one as a present.
Post 705 IP   flag post
601325 999 30